Poweramp
JSY

Why does Poweramp need to verify license through Google Play when Poweramp Unlocker is installed?

This problem doesn't go away and gets no helpful attention from the developer.  I'm convinced the only way to possibly ever see this issue even worked on is for everyone to start posting bad reviews on the Google Play store and to specifically describe this bug.  😧

1 hour ago, XrayDoc88 said:

This problem doesn't go away and gets no helpful attention from the developer.  I'm convinced the only way to possibly ever see this issue even worked on is for everyone to start posting bad reviews on the Google Play store and to specifically describe this bug.  😧

Good idea.  I have the same problem, and have stopped using Poweramp because of it.

I'm a developer myself, and I was just about to defend the developer here.  Most of the time the costs of developing programs is high, and apps tend to sell for very little.  However, I looked it up and this paid version has over a million installs at $4 apiece!  That suggests a very enviable accounts receivable, high enough to offer a real solution to this.  Passing the blame to Google is a weak move, since a workaround could be coded.

I am here for the same reason everyone else are - crappy license check mechanics.

No need to copy-paste excerpts from the FAQ, or redirect me to email the dev directly (it won't change anyrhing). I know exactly how the license check works and my problem is with HOW it works.

After each firmware update the player stops working within a day or two, and it usually happens at the most inconvenient times - during long trips without internet access. Now tell me.. WHY do I get locked out of the access to app that I paid for? This is a major flaw that should have been fixed a long effing time ago.

If at least it was possible to initiate the check manually to make it stop bothering me with these overly aggressive checks, at least until the next firmware update... but NO! It's not possible. You have to wait for it to happen randomly.

How many more people need to report this colossal failure for the developer to actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Obviously, he's got our money and he doesn't care anymore. Looking at how they handle issues.. People report this problem --> someone copy-pastes the FAQ section --> if people are still unhappy they get redirected to the dev email, which usually is hanging without any response, and if you do get a response it's for sure blaming google, or you, or anything else, instead of accepting the truth.

I already gave the app and its 'unlocker' a 1-star rating, but something tells me it won't change anything. I encourage everyone who finds this irritating to do the same, and mention this issue in the review, so new potential customers are aware of this flaw and think twice before the purchase.

Decided to also give this app a negative review having experienced problems regarding verification constantly, also I have directed people to this thread. Posting proof I purchased because I am not a thief nor a liar and won't have Max call me such.

PA.png

So on the positive side, during my trip to Canada I had no problems for the first time. Flight mode, and Poweramp kept playing. On the negative side, this was the first time in quite a while, and after all the times when it did stop midflight, I'll never trust the app again (yes, I tried to contact Max, but never got a reply, and yes, I have a valid licence). I've looked at alternatives, and I will switch to Blackplayer as my primary music player. It comes with good reviews, and some options that Poweramp doesn't have.

Poweramp may never give up midflight from here on in, but frankly this is a trust issue now, which it never should have become.

I had this issue earlier.. I noticed Poweramp unlocker runs in background.. If I force stop it, this problem occurs in airplane mode.. then I whitelisted the unlocker and verified again using data.. this solved licence check problem.. Still now It never asked for licence in airplane mode..