Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got Huawei Honor 8 Pro.

It only supports Hi-res on USB DAC.

It has Huawei Kirin 960 chip in it. 

Pls. See this. 

I was using an inexpensive wsive Mi phone with SD650 in it and it had Hi res on Wired. 

Edit: I'm using latest Alpha 704

IMG_20171011_031553.jpg

3 hours ago, Danke said:

I have the 703 version now an plays 24 bit high rez music files. Says so in the info and tags. Correct? check?

Poweramp

https://flic.kr/p/ZqZPxc  

That tag info says what the music file is, not whether PA can play anything in high-res on your device. Go to Settings > Audio > Output and see if the High Res option is visible and if it can be selected. Worth trying build 704 if 703 does not work for you, it's very device and Android-version dependent.

Andre

I want to know, if anyone at all knows the situation on the Huawei produkts, P10, Mate9, Honor9 etc with the Huawei Hi6403 Dac chipset?

It has Hi-Rez ability, but I would like to get some news from Poweramp about the brands compatibility since it is an Hua homegrown prosessor Kirin 960 compared to the more known Snapdragon etc....

1. ZTE Axon 7 (A2017G)

2. Android 7.1.1 (Stock ZTE MiFavor 4.2 - A2017GV1.2.0B06)

3. AKM AK4490EN built-in DAC

Edit: Although in 704 the high-res output plugin is present, variant correlated is "Snapdragon 24-bit PCM" instead of the AKM DAC. And it wouldn't go active anyways, as an error is prompted: "Failed: Poweram Hi-Res Exp Output; Using default output."

Thank you! :)

On 15/10/2017 at 3:52 PM, Danke said:

I want to know, if anyone at all knows the situation on the Huawei produkts, P10, Mate9, Honor9 etc with the Huawei Hi6403 Dac chipset?

It has Hi-Rez ability, but I would like to get some news from Poweramp about the brands compatibility since it is an Hua homegrown prosessor Kirin 960 compared to the more known Snapdragon etc....

I second that. I have Huawei Honor 8 Pro with Kirin 960 processor as stated in my post above. Pls add support for us.

Screenshot_20171018-023351.png

On 10/5/2017 at 2:28 AM, andrewilley said:

Google keeps changing things, that's the problem with Nougat.

Please remember you are using an ALPHA test version of Poweramp, a lot more recent devices and Android versions will be supported in the next (beta) release.

Andre

So when aprox? Any terms/deadlines? Can I contribute somehow with doing some remote work related to new beta? Any routine... nope? By the way can you name more specific - where the google altered what exactly in Nougat ? Where exactly is the main source of obstacle?

On 09/10/2016 at 5:47 AM, gaich said:

I would also like to add a request for this,  I have found the Ulefone phones to be excellent, and along with Poweramp, so far my cheap and cghheerful Vienna has seen off all comers:)  Adding support for the hardware DAC would be superb.  Might be worth contacting Ulefone as they position themselves in the audiophile market as much as anywhere.