Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i just realized this a few days back. I have been using Oneplus two for the past 2 years now. Build 704 works fine and then my phone has snapdragon 24bit PCM. When i use it on stock ROM android version 6, it works fine with the hi-res setting, but when i install any custom ROM, i get the message 'failed : Poweramp hi-res exp output. Using default output'  please let me know what is to be done. Also whether the hi-res output will only work with stock ROM. I have already used android 7.1, lineage OS and resurrection remix. Also cyanogenmod for android 6.

Thank you.

On 7.09.2017 at 2:15 PM, BourBon_BonBon said:

So i just realized this a few days back. I have been using Oneplus two for the past 2 years now. Build 704 works fine and then my phone has snapdragon 24bit PCM. When i use it on stock ROM android version 6, it works fine with the hi-res setting, but when i install any custom ROM, i get the message 'failed : Poweramp hi-res exp output. Using default output'  please let me know what is to be done. Also whether the hi-res output will only work with stock ROM. I have already used android 7.1, lineage OS and resurrection remix. Also cyanogenmod for android 6.

Thank you.

It currently does not work with Nougat on OnePlus 2/3/3T/5.

1. LG G5 H850

2. Stock Android 7.0

3. My device supports 24-bit/192kHz audio but when  I want to activate it, the app says "failed Poweramp hi-res exp output" and than app using default output.

It was working well with LG G2 Stock 5.0.2 but now I upgrade my phone to G5 and hi-res audio not working anymore :(

Eureka!  

I discovered that switching Poweramp to use the Default Android audio API (not OpenSL ES)...and enabling the Float32 Sample Format option solved my sound quality issues since upgrading my Pixel to Android 8.0. 

It is like having the HiFi DAC option back. It is treating my USB DAC as it was before on Android N in HiFi mode.  It sounds great again!

Did the same for AUX/Headphone jack and Bluetooth....significant improvement!  (Especially using Sony BT headphones that support LDAC)

I read there were lots of changes in Android O audio internals and something else to due with the HAL.  

Perhaps the default Android audio API now supports "HiFi" built in?

Xperia X Performance (Using build 704 downloaded from the forum)

Rom: Stock (41.2.A.7.65) 7.1.1

Uploaded the new xml format of audio_policy

Thanks

audio_policy_configuration.xml

EDIT: It works like a charm now (24 bit 96khz). I just copied audio_policy.conf from Z2 (lollipop) to my device and rebooted.

From this page: https://source.android.com/devices/audio/implement-policy.

It will use .conf format by default. I also attached one from Z2.

audio_policy.conf

Screenshot_20170917-183025.png

Screenshot_20170917-183120.png

Edited by zlrampageslz

8 hours ago, zlrampageslz said:

Xperia X Performance (Using build 704 downloaded from the forum)

Rom: Stock (41.2.A.7.65) 7.1.1

Uploaded the new xml format of audio_policy

Thanks

audio_policy_configuration.xml

EDIT: It works like a charm now (24 bit 96khz). I just copied audio_policy.conf from Z2 (lollipop) to my device and rebooted.

From this page: https://source.android.com/devices/audio/implement-policy.

It will use .conf format by default. I also attached one from Z2.

audio_policy.conf

Screenshot_20170917-183025.png

Screenshot_20170917-183120.png

Where to copy audio_policy.conf?

I hope you could make it work on my phone...

1. Xiaomi Mi5

2. Official LineageOS 14.1

3. Snapdragon 820

Audio Technology

• Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio technology

Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec playback support

• Dynamic range: 130dB
  • THD+N: -109dB
  • PCM up to 192kHz/24bit
  • Dual oscillator support (44.1kHz/48kHz)

Qualcomm Aqstic™ power consumption

• Playback: 26mW for high performance mode, 6.6mW for low power mode
  • Low power voice activation: 0.65mA

Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec recording support

• Dynamic range: 109dB
  • THD+N: -103dB
  • Sampling: Up to 192kHz/24bit

Thank you!

Hello I had times the Alpha version of Poweramp installed and since I could choose hi-res audio. now I have Poweramp again installed on my Samsung s7 Edge and I have no longer the possibility to select Hi-Res audio, my question how can I select again or activate ??

Screenshot_20170921-032132.png

On 9/4/2017 at 5:40 AM, samlee said:

1. LG V20

2. Stock Korean-KT Nougat(7.0, 10y)

3 ESS ES9218 DAC, Snapdragon 820

in version 704 the hi-res menu is shown, but when turning on hi-res option for wired output it says it failed to use hires output(whenever system hi-res is on or off). couldn't check usb-dac since i dont have any of it:(

audio_policy.conf

Even if it worked it wouldn't be using the ESS Sabre DAC, it'd use the SD 820's built-in DAC/amp and sound significantly worse. On my Axon 7 enabling it works but it sounds so inferior, much the same as without it, that I use the horrendous stock player to use my phone's main DAC/amp as nothing else supports it.