Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HTC 10 lifestyle

Snapdragon 652

Android 7.0 stock

Alpha build 704 works, sounds great, but sometimes gives hi res audio output error.

This error always happens also when you play/pause tracks with headphones button.

And HTC ice view case player functions don't work with Poweramp(

1. ZTE Axon 7

2. ZTE A2017GV1.2.0B05 (Android 7.1.1)

3. AK 4691, AK 4490  CPU: Snapdragon 820

Worked like a charm with the beta from the appstore before updating my phone to Nougat (Headphones 24 bit 192khz), but now fails when trying to activate it.

Am running 704 alpha

Edited by lackenboden
Unclear formulation

1. LG V20 H990DS International Variant

2. Stock Android 7.0

3. Because it has QUAD DAC ESS SABRE 9218 capable of playing 24bit/192KHZ and even 32bit/384KHZ as shown in its etc/audio_policy.conf here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Whre_ZjAbDdVNHRUhCSDlwbkU/view?usp=sharing (also attached for ease)

More info from this demo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0pL-_v1jBU

It's an awesome audiophile grade device and not having support of HI-RES in my favorite player saddens me :( .... currently using Poweramp Alpha 704 with Viper4Android and the Sound Quality this device throws is Marvelous... waiting for Max the Great to enable HI-RES for us LG V20 users :)

audio_policy.conf

2 hours ago, kodein said:

How to edit build.prop to work hi res? Xperia Performance 7.1.1

If you have root you can try this.

insert string into a file "/system/build.prop" string is

ro.lenovo.hifi_support=true

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 MIUI 8.5 Nougat Stock ROM Snapdragon 625 SoC - deffinitely has Qualcom Snapdragon's 24/192 Support according to Qualcom's Product brief pdf

"Qualcomm Aqstic™
+ Crystal clear VoLTE w/ Ultra HD 
Voice (EVS)
+ High fidelity music playback 
24bit/192kHz
+ Dolby 5.1 support"

BUT WE NEED IT ON NOUGAT RZTHER THAN MARSHMELLOW!

There is written on audio conf that via DVC it supports 24/192. So please explain - WHAT is the problem with this damn Nougat???

Audio policy files Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Nougat Miui 8.5 Snapdragon 625.zip

9 hours ago, KuluthuGod said:

There is written on audio conf that via DVC it supports 24/192. So please explain - WHAT is the problem with this damn Nougat???

Google keeps changing things, that's the problem with Nougat.

Please remember you are using an ALPHA test version of Poweramp, a lot more recent devices and Android versions will be supported in the next (beta) release.

Andre

2 hours ago, mobydick said:

Sorry Andre!!! how can I set hi-res output?! :wub:

If Poweramp (use build 704) and your device supports it, you will see an option in "Settings > Audio > Output"  for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)". Select that and follow the options in there.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If Poweramp (use build 704) and your device supports it, you will see an option in "Settings > Audio > Output"  for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)". Select that and follow the options in there.

Andre

I download PA yesterday and the build was the 703, no new build from googleplay... my device is a S5 neo the S5 is confirmed here:

but I didn't found anything about the S5 neo, maybe something not work on it ?!? anyone with the same device with same problem ?

1. ZTE Axon 7

2. ZTE A2017GV1.2.0B05 (Android 7.1.1) alpha 704

3. AK 4691, AK 4490  CPU: Snapdragon 820

Hi res in 7.1.1 alpha 704 is not supported,

I just ask one thing, my A7 uses with Poweramp Akm dac or sd dac? I've read various forums, but there are conflicting opinions

20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Google keeps changing things, that's the problem with Nougat.

Please remember you are using an ALPHA test version of Poweramp, a lot more recent devices and Android versions will be supported in the next (beta) release.

Andre

Andre, do you have any idea when Beta will be available? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Albert_Aguiar said:

I suggest everyone here post nothing more, do not waste time.

Quite. As I've said numerous times (and as you would have seen if you'd posted in the right topic, which is linked to in the sticky post at the top of every page) there is no ETA as yet, and it's pointless to keep asking for one when it is currently an open-ended timescale. It will be done when it's done I'm afraid, and then it will be a nice surprise for all of us (me included, I have no more insider information than you do).

Andre