Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo)

2. This Rom has 24 bit audio support (mentioned by the dev who made the rom on page 86 of the thread)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-t3612905

3. The Soc used in the device has inbuilt support for 24 bit audio,

refer https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/snapdragon-650-processor-product-brief.pdf

Here is the audio_policy.conf file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KA2BryAIWiJzzIsTlo1LNPsaJTZy1QTM

I request you to add 24 bit audio support for this rom and device.

Thank you

On 5/4/2559 at 8:25 PM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

1. Huawei mediapad m3 8.4

2. 7.0 stockrom

3. Ak4376 24bit 192kHz hisilicon hi3650 hi6402

audio.txt

Hi res support for vibe x3 would be awesome. with stock player the ess dac has no problem being fed 24bit pcm signal. Yet Poweramp can not do that, or even use the correct paths I will add a tinymix log with saber dac active with 24bit/ 44p1khz sampling rate, the same path is used for all 16 or 24bit signals to the dac. Would like to see Poweramp supporting the correct paths and bit depth and rather improved sound, right now far to distorted bass because of dvc.

tinymixlog,vibe x3 es9018k2m

10 minutes ago, FluffyPotato said:

1: Xiaomi MI 5 (32GB ROM, 3GB RAM)

2: Android 7.1.1 (Custom Rom: Resurrection Remix-v5.8.5-20171004-gemini-Final)

3:Snapdragon 24-bit PCM audio_policy.conf

Ive posted this because i get this when i try to enable the the feature. ScreenshotPoweramp.thumb.png.20b7b679b6d5f657c071ae67e1690b62.png

Thanks for the help.

Don't worry too much about that for now. Since there hasn't been an update to the current alpha build, many things such as newer version of Android as well as custom roms, they don't support hi res output. 

Hopefully all of this will be solved in the next update. 

1 hour ago, dwang040 said:

Don't worry too much about that for now. Since there hasn't been an update to the current alpha build, many things such as newer version of Android as well as custom roms, they don't support hi res output. 

Hopefully all of this will be solved in the next update. 

Thx for the reply, hopefully they release soon.

LG G6 (LG LGH870DS)

Android Nougat 7.0 stok

ESS Sabre S9218 QuadDAC
on Poweramp alpha 704

DOESN'T WORK HI RES EXP OUT - dont work, so upset.
Please, fix it, because I already ready to buy onkyo hi res player for 8$, but I dont want. Please! 

Screenshot_2018-01-01-20-39-51.png

Guys. As I've said before, at this point in time, all you can really do is just post your phone specs. The things like, "I've updated and now there's no support" "my phone says there's support but Poweramp doesn't let me" etc won't do anything. Again, it's been a few years, android updates every year, Poweramp, since it's last update, is behind in terms of compatability which is why you aren't getting support. The best we can do is wait it out and hope for the best in the next update. 

I've mentioned in another thread, bit all on all, unless you either have Bluetooth or you have very very very high end gear I doubt, as of right now, you're hearing more out of your songs with high res settings on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Здравствуйте) 

Устройство: Xiaomi MI A1

Версия: Android 8.0

Я так и не понял как и где искать данные по звуку моего телефона, но мне очень нужен Hi-res без него тет смысла. Я буду вынужден искать другой плеер ((если вы не понимаете того что я написал используйте переводчик)