maxmp

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Forum Mod/Admin (andrewilley) posted in July:

Going forward though, @maxmp has stated that rather than releasing lots of rapid incremental releases, he's now planning on taking his time developing more lengthy/major projects which he hopes will be released a couple of times a year. He has also said that he is working on implementing a mechanism to support themed "add on" packs which will contain a number of the more major Feature Requests in one go, which will be optionally purchasable for a small extra price.

But seeing as there have been no updates for a very long time (though there were planned 2 every year going forward), this PA-build is still a Beta release after 8 months, and there have been no "add on" packs so far afaik it is understandable that some members wonder if PA has indeed been abandoned.

We all know the developer (max) is working hard and has for years worked hard on PA to develop and service the possibly best Music Player for Android on the market, but a little more information intermittently as to status might help members, new and old, who are impatient for information on PA-status and new developments.

I agree that a little more info would be nice just to keep long time users at peace. Sometimes I fear that the app might be abandoned, which would be a tragedy for me. 

Is Reshuffle no longer working for anyone else? I have both options off but randomly today I can no longer Reshuffle. When I reselect a song the next song stays the same. Clicking the shuffle button just moves to the next song.

Edit: of course after fiddling for hours as soon as I post I fix the issue. I had to go into a playlist shuffle that then go back to liked songs and shuffle that. Now everything seems to be reshuffling fine. I assume some kind of bug happened. I can send log if someone wants it.

Edit Again: Actually looks like it wasn't fully fixed. Seems like it fixes briefly before getting stuck again after 3-4 Reshuffle attempts.

Edited by Cats GoMoo

On 8/15/2024 at 11:26 PM, astr0 said:

just to keep long time users at peace.

There's nothing to worry about. Remember the period between Poweramp v2 and Poweramp v3? Sometimes big changes take time.

Installed the last beta-984 uni version. (Purchased and Installed Unlocker Key from Playstore before long ago.)

Tapped "Buy feature package #1", and the problem occurs same as attached screenshot :

Screenshot_20240826_111103_Google Play Store.png

Edited by PChwdhry

Did you install if from Google Play or from the website? Pure guess is that the version from the website is not working with Google Play and in app purchases.

If this is the case, wait for the new build to show up in Play and try to upgrade in that way.

I'm still waiting for the new build to become available to me through Google Play, quite normal that it can take up to a day or so.

I just got the 984 from Play Store, took some time to propagate to the google servers that I'm linked to.

The Package was included for me in the same way as in Maxs screenshot, no need to purchase anything.

1 hour ago, Fitzian said:

I don't have this error, I installed the 984 uni apk from the website (over 981 uni build), which still detects the cached license acquired from play store unlocker.

I did the same as you and I get the error others have mentioned if I attempt to purchase the feature pack. Supposedly the full version unlocker works with the uni version as well as the play store version.

I installed both Poweramp and Unlocker from Google Play and didn't encounter any problems when purchasing Feature Package, but dragging multiple checked items doesn't work for me, despite working fine during previous versions. The rest of the features seem to work as expected.

Hi, I bought the full version when Poweramp was fresh in the Play Store. I have seen and participated in many new things. But why should a user of a full version have to pay again for new features in the app? Is this the new trend? First purchase a license and then at some point switch to a subscription model or additional features paid model.