Poweramp builds 934-939

maxmp

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This issue is OS related from Google and their legal battle with Sonos over how they managed the volume control to connected devices. It will probably require an OS update on your device before it can be enabled to work like it did before A12. I think some Pixel phones started to get updates a couple of months ago, not sure how long other manufacturers will take to do their updates.

58 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

This issue is OS related from Google and their legal battle with Sonos over how they managed the volume control to connected devices. It will probably require an OS update on your device before it can be enabled to work like it did before A12. I think some Pixel phones started to get updates a couple of months ago, not sure how long other manufacturers will take to do their updates.

[Abusive comment removed --- Admin] He disabled the volume level setting due to absence of cast volume control in Android 12. Ofc pixel phones got cast control few months ago, now it's totally included in Android 12.1. u c wot I'm talkin about?

At the moment, PA's volume step adjustment control is automatically disabled when any Android 12+ ROM is detected. So even if Google restored the old functionality tomorrow, it still would not be able to be used in PA. Once Max has new ROMs to test with, he'll be able to establish whether the previous code will still function with the modified Android release, and/or write new code for the new ROMs.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

At the moment, PA's volume step adjustment control is automatically disabled when any Android 12+ ROM is detected. So even if Google restored the old functionality tomorrow, it still would not be able to be used in PA. Once Max has new ROMs to test with, he'll be able to establish whether the existing code will still function with them, and/or write new code to work on the new ROMs.

Andre

That's why I'm requesting him to look into it!

1 minute ago, Bargunan said:

That's why I'm requesting him to look into it!

See my previous reply: "Once Max has new ROMs to test with, he'll be able to establish whether the previous code will still function with the modified Android release, and/or write new code for the new ROMs."

Andre

1 hour ago, Bargunan said:

[Abusive comment removed --- Admin] He disabled the volume level setting due to absence of cast volume control in Android 12. Ofc pixel phones got cast control few months ago, now it's totally included in Android 12.1. u c wot I'm talkin about?

Wow, great contributor to the community. Every post is a negative about something you want.

My point still stands, that even IF Max were to update the code to allow for the extra steps again, you will still need an update for your OS to enable it. Why would he rush to add a new fix for this when there has been little to no support directly from Google over this since last fall?

@Bargunan unfortunately custom volume levels are not yet supported by any Android 12+ release or 13 betas. Cast volume is supported, but this functionality works with the remote streams only (such as Chromecast). Btw Google constantly removes features from Android, so this feature may be never available. You still can adjust volume with better accuracy via:
- Poweramp preamp
- Samsung + Sound Assistant (Poweramp supports increased volume levels for Sound Assistant up to 150 levels)

The tracking bug issue is here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/201546605

Thanks!

Builds 934-935:

• new Bottom buttons option
    Makes shuffle, play, select, etc. buttons more accessible in the lower part of screen
  • new Header Buttons option
  • tracks and other items range selection in lists
    • while in the selection mode Range button toggles checked state between the first and the last checked item
    • while in the selection mode long pressing selects all items between previously checked item and long pressed item
  • new Playlist Insert Position, Queue Insert Position, Play Next Insert Position options
    • modes can be changed by long pressing action button in the selection menu
    • + Playlist dialog also has modes selection
    • Shuffled mode mixes items randomly with the existing items, preferable after the currently played track
  • whitespace could be used as a split symbol now
  • search page has quick category filter buttons on top
    Long press on search category button to search just that category
  • added year/album sort for tracks
  • new settings/data export/import options:
    • per-device/per-song preset assignments
    • folder/playlist list memory