Jump to content

Poweramp builds 934-939


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bencherished said:

@Mark89 sorry about that, where do you run the rescan from? Is it from Poweramp settings? You have to change some settings in Poweramp- Library- Scanner. 

I run rescan from menu in Recently added list.

Oh, "Rescan Immediately" option was disabled. I enabled it and now is fine. Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@MD. RONE please what do you mean? Are you saying Poweramp is not playing songs? Please give (grant) Poweramp permission to the location of your music files. Go to settings, Library, Music Folders, then add storage (select where you have music saved).

If that is not the problem, please give clear details. 

Bencherished 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 8:04 PM, maxmp said:

@Prosenjit yes, for Bluetooth and best headroom for basses it's important to disable Absolute Volume. Note that after the disabling Bluetooth should be toggled off/on once.

The current state of the DVC and Absolute volume is visible in Audio Info (long press meta info on player main screen or Settings / Audio / Audio Info).

More details here: 

 

Thanks a lot for the help after disabling absolute volume PA is back I'm getting amazing sound quality but still two questions,

1. Why Poweramp always capping the audio at 24bit.

2. Why Poweramp EQ sound so low on volume after disabling absolute volume? I'm also getting slightly distorted output that can be fixed by disabling compressor but it makes the audio even lower compared to actual Poweramp, But distortion is still present even after disabling the compressor.

The latest PA Eq update has a bug everytime I change skin it crash instantly I've sent you all generated logs on support mail.

 

 

Screenshot_2022_0602_160243.jpg

Screenshot_2022_0602_160332.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Prosenjit 1. I wouldn't call 24 bits "capping". Everything beyond 20bits is not used in any way by any Audio DACs. Those bits are intermediate format which don't do much to audio quality, though it's good to have >16bits. Poweramp shows the format as reported by various Android subsystems.

2. Volume is low if you enable DVC (this is volume control) and Absolute Volume is also enabled (this is also volume control). Double volume control causes very low volume. Either DVC (recommended for car headunits or other hardware with own good DSP) or Absolute volume (recommended for headsets/headphones/buds with volume control) should be disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2022 at 9:32 AM, maxmp said:

@Prosenjit 1. I wouldn't call 24 bits "capping". Everything beyond 20bits is not used in any way by any Audio DACs. Those bits are intermediate format which don't do much to audio quality, though it's good to have >16bits. Poweramp shows the format as reported by various Android subsystems.

2. Volume is low if you enable DVC (this is volume control) and Absolute Volume is also enabled (this is also volume control). Double volume control causes very low volume. Either DVC (recommended for car headunits or other hardware with own good DSP) or Absolute volume (recommended for headsets/headphones/buds with volume control) should be disabled.

Is DVC recommended for Android TV ( Onn UHD box) connected to TV source via HDMI arc? And, Sound bar is connected to TV HDMI.  I see you mentioned -

Quote

DVC (recommended for car headunits or other hardware with own good DSP) should be disabled?

you meant, use it or disable it for better output? Thanks for the help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any way yet to force the album artist image automatically based on the naming scheme of images within the library folders?

So for example, the "Katy Perry.jpg" image within this folder would act as the manually "selected artist" image from the 3 dots menu:

Screenshot_20220618-000810.thumb.png.b3a5b414abd94e9c2605ca2115a5bad6.png

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_artist/Katy Perry.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@djdarko It already does work like that. e.g. I created a new file called ABC.jpg to the selected_artist folder, and on the next restart PA used that image in the Artists category for the band ABC (which did not previously have any user-selected art).

[Edit] Ah, re-reading what you wrote I think you are asking if in-folder images can be automatically used for Artists. Not really, as there's no guarantee that the user is using a regimented Artistname/Albumname/songfile.mp3 folder structure. I do in some folders for some music types, but not others. Just copy any such image files to Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_artist/ using the exact artist name as the filename.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@djdarko It already does work like that. e.g. I created a new file called ABC.jpg to the selected_artist folder, and on the next restart PA used that image in the Artists category for the band ABC (which did not previously have any user-selected art).

[Edit] Ah, re-reading what you wrote I think you are asking if in-folder images can be automatically used for Artists. Not really, as there's no guarantee that the user is using a regimented Artistname/Albumname/songfile.mp3 folder structure. I do in some folders for some music types, but not others. Just copy any such image files to Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_artist/ using the exact artist name as the filename.

Andre

Ok, it would be great if an option could be added to search/pickup "artist".jpg images that match identically to artist names in the library as I've mentioned above.

Alternately, having a custom folder (on the SD card) for the "selected_artist" "selected_aa" etc. images would be useful too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I don't know why I can't active Hires outputÔľĆS22 Ultra

What have you tried and what results are you seeing. It should work fine via the option in PA Settings=>Audio=>Output.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, maxmp said:

@Prosenjit 1. I wouldn't call 24 bits "capping". Everything beyond 20bits 

2. Volume is low if you enable DVC (this is volume control) and Absolute Volume is also enabled (this is also volume control). Double volume control causes very low volume. Either DVC (recommended for car headunits or other hardware with own good DSP) or Absolute volume (recommended for headsets/headphones/buds with volume control) should be disabled.

Can "absolute volume" only be switched off in the mobile phone settings themselves? I don't have the option in the developer options.

I have read the explanation for DVC in PA (also in German), but I don't quite understand it.

What is the difference with Replay gain? 

I have the impression that the basses (kick drum of drums) distort through the Handy speaker. If I turn down the preamp value at eq or the second preamp value at RG (-2db), the distortion is gone. 

But the two values have nothing to do with with each other, do they? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ash Roarshock said:

Would there be a skin conflict causing it to stay on?

Yes, your screenshots are not from one of the default Poweramp skins. Your skin may offer this adjustment itself, but that's up to the skin author.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CarlFredricksen said:

Can "absolute volume" only be switched off in the mobile phone settings themselves?

Yes, it's an Android-level function, Poweramp can't change it by itself. Tapping on the reference in PA Settings should take you to the relevant Android option on your device (if supported).

DVC has nothing to do with ReplayGain. However if you cannot enable DVC for your chosen output device, you should think about reducing the overall gain to avoid possible distortions, especially if you use any EQ boosts. This could be done by ReplayGain, or by lowering the EQ preamp, or by using the setting 'No DVC Headroom Gain' which specifically reduces the gain for any non-DVC listening.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your response. 

I read the FAQ and hope having understood, what this setting (DVC) does. 

My device supports DVC, but there is no setting in the developers Area of my phone for absolute volume. 

But I think my phone only sends a beep, when I set it to highest volume. It doesn't cut off too high volumes. 

When using it with AA in my car, the volume control has no effect. The volume can only be changed via the car system. Only if I set the volume control of the mobile phone completely to 0, the sound via the car speakers is also gone.  

What I (also) don't understand completely is Replay gain for "Album" or "track" . I always thought, that choosing "album" would cause that every song of an album/folder would have the same highest volume. But when I compile an album myself from different sources and save it in one folder, and the tracks in it have different volumes, the quietest track is not aligned with the loudest. I tried this once by saving the same song at different volumes. But the volume differences always remain. The songs are not played at the same volume. 

Is there a way to align this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What have you tried and what results are you seeing. It should work fine via the option in PA Settings=>Audio=>Output.

Andre

It shows failed to open , even bluetooth LDAC or DAC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...