YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@andrewilley i tried a few different approaches but without any luck. The artifact TopListWidget is used for both library and main ui views. By setting the background, the albumblur (milk) is overwritten. It appears it is not possible to separate the 2 views. I imagine the fact that the same widget is used for both main ui and library has something to do with the transitions.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest release

Customisable gradients for the stroke(borders) with which you can create some nice effects by changing the gradient angle and x,y positions. Separate options are available for app background gradients.

To achieve the look below

Circle Custom Gradient:
======================
Start Colour : Black
Center Colour: Blue Grey 700
End colour : Blue Grey 100

Gradient Angle : -45

X position : 0.6
Y position : 0.2

Custom Gradient Background Colour : 
===================================
Start Colour : Blue grey 1000
Center Colour: Blue Grey 700
End colour : Blue Grey 400

Gradient Angle : -135

X position : 0.0
Y position : 0.2

Buttons Background Colour:

====================

Gradient grey

Screenshot_2021-06-17-16-40-01-09_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.jpg

Here is another "gold" effect

image.png.bcdc421a200ff19b99265b9a7db9a013.png

Might not be related, but I recently noticed that when the control button backgrounds are set to an Opaque colour, the transparency value of just the central Play/Pause button seems to change slightly when it transitions between states. Wasn't really worth mentioning on its own, but in case it's linked:

image.png

image.png

Andre

@MotleyG yes, the same range of colours is available. My main issue at the moment is when transparent background is selected for certain items as the border (stroke) is not really a border but an underlying layer which sticks out a little bit(the thickness the user sets in Fine Tune. Circles). When you the set the top layer to transparent, the underlying gradient layer shows. Currently working on how best to resolve this

Version 148 has been released. Setting certain fields to transparent no longer misbehaves. However, circles and transparent fields cannot coexist so you will lose any coloured/gradient circles(borders)

Any issues please email me rather than posting here

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

I must say how little feedback there is , perhaps only a few dedicated users are interested? Why not post your design and settings ?

I know in my case, I'm not overly interested in details around gradients and such and I'm not enough of a design person to end up with a good result if I miss with those things too much.  I honestly bought the skin hoping it would make Poweramp more usable while driving, but the limitations you're working with within Poweramp limit just how much you can do in regards to moving items around and resizing them.

7 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@greynolds you must have tried car mode or reflective layout? Do they not meet your needs?. Alternatively there is a free skin bigyaps, big play buttons, no albumart.

Yeah, we discussed the problems via email several months ago and IIRC, some of them are things you said you can't address with the skin engine.  We also discussed this some in the Looking for a skin for Android headunit thread.  I haven't used Poweramp in a while largely because there just doesn't seem to be a way to get the available skins to work really well on an Android headunit.  If you want to revisit any of this, I can try to find some time to try out the latest version and get back to you with some screenshots showing what the remaining issues are, but from what you've said in the past, there isn't too much of a chance that you can address them without some companion changes in Poweramp itself.

21 minutes ago, Beda said:

I am very satisfied with the look and feel of mine Poweramp+YASP config ;-)

PowerAMP-YAPS-HeadUnit-SimpleOrange.png

Hmm, I may have to play around with mine some more with the current version. Would be nice to be able to move the artist, album, and song titles to the far left above the album art though to allow longer text values to display.  Is there a way for us to share skin configs with each other?