Jump to content
maxmp

Poweramp builds 861-864

Recommended Posts

Thanks Max for the latest update. Hope you can improve on Sort by Album to include sorting by Year as well. An improvement in the Album Artists category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gaurav.nema said:

What does third party track services/providers plugin API support mean?

Seems it's a first step to network(NAS) music or something like YouTube playlists......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the update. I really appreciate it.

My first problem is the track & disc number position in the library meta still have not swapped at all.

Edited by M Akmal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, M Akmal said:

My first problem is the track & disc number position in the library meta still have not swapped at all.

I don't think the changelog mentioned any changes there, what were you hoping to have changed?

On a related note Max, have you had a chance to look at the missing Total Running Time metadata in multiple drill-down categories - e.g. in the Albums layer when viewed from Artists, Genres, etc, in the Queue, and at the top of the All Songs list (the latter being a big number I'm sure, but still useful). Not sure whether that info is pre-generated and retained in a database field, or if it's calculated on-the-fly - which could take a while for the All Songs list of course! Referenced in threads like https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/506-why-no-album-length/ and https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/18677-queue-length-display/ .

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some bug with the latest build 862...

Song ends before actually finishing. This happens if crossfade is enabled. For all songs. To see for myself, I disabled it and then played the song. Now the song played completely but look at the timer in the attached screenshot.

After enabling crossfade again, the same problem was noticed. I'm also attaching log, maybe it'll help. 

I'm on Galaxy S10, Android 10. 

Screenshot_20200311-200554_Poweramp.jpg

Your message_.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@invaderzim you can enable sorting by Year for albums inside Albums Artist / <Artist> 

@gaurav.nema details are here: https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_provider_example/readme.md T

@andrewilley those totals are planned, but not there yet, as this feature requires many intermediate tables to store the values, and we don't have those tables yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maxmp said:

those totals are planned, but not there yet, as this feature requires many intermediate tables to store the values, and we don't have those tables yet.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if those figures were generated on the fly whenever the user opened each category screen (by totalling the lengths of all the sub-items from the database) but that method could get a bit time-consuming with large lists like All Songs.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, krazzyvishal said:

Some bug with the latest build 862...

Song ends before actually finishing. This happens if crossfade is enabled. For all songs. To see for myself, I disabled it and then played the song. Now the song played completely but look at the timer in the attached screenshot.

After enabling crossfade again, the same problem was noticed. I'm also attaching log, maybe it'll help. 

I'm on Galaxy S10, Android 10. 

Screenshot_20200311-200554_Poweramp.jpg

Your message_.txt 111.21 kB · 1 download

Am I stupid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krazzyvishal said:

Am I stupid? 

I can't answer that I don't know you.

As far as your reported bug goes though, I can't duplicate it for all songs. There is a previously known issue for the last song in a category though, which only occurs if you have crossfade on and the repeat/advance modes disabled. e.g. if for some reason you are listening to an Album with auto-crossfade set to 10 seconds, and Repeat is set to Off rather than the normal Advance Category, then the final track of that album will stop 10 seconds early (presumably as it has nothing to crossfade into).

Could that be what you are referring to? If so, in the meantime just set Repeat back to 'Advance Category', or turn Crossfade off.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@andrewilley it can be generated on the fly, but for users with the large collections this delays list loading / animation so we want those values pre-calculated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2020 at 5:13 PM, andrewilley said:

I can't answer that I don't know you.

Thanks, I'll ask someone else. 

But that bug which I talked about didn't exist before 862. And no, I'm not taking about about that bug which you referred to. For me it is happening with each song. 

I hope I can downgrade to an earlier version without having to uninstall the current one.

 

Update: couldn't downgrade without uninstall.

And I am sending log of the older 860 version on which the problem didn't occur. Maybe it can help. 

Your message_.txt

Edited by krazzyvishal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krazzyvishal said:

I hope I can downgrade to an earlier version without having to uninstall the current one.

Sadly you can't downgrade in place, you need to uninstall first. You can export your Settings, and also and internally-created Playlists, first though.

Andre 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build 863:

  • selectable folder/file for Settings Export/Import 
  • new Misc / Shutdown Intent option
  • duration/year metadata for sub-category Albums (Artist, Album Artist, Genre, Year, Composer)
  • new Crossfade shuffled songs option  
  • bug fixes and stability improvements
  • translations updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 863:

  • selectable folder/file for Settings Export/Import 
  • new Misc / Shutdown Intent option
  • duration/year metadata for sub-category Albums (Artist, Album Artist, Genre, Year, Composer)
  • new Crossfade shuffled songs option  
  • bug fixes and stability improvements
  • translations updates

This build has fixed that issue I mentioned earlier

@andrewilley :)

Edited by krazzyvishal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, krazzyvishal said:

This build has fixed that issue I mentioned earlier

Great. The same seems to apply to the similar issue which occurred with the last track in any category list when Repeat was set to Off. This is now working OK for me anyway, the final track now plays to the end:

 

However on more a minor note, playing the final track of any category still shows 'Queue' in the 'next track' metadata line, instead of the first song in the next category/list:

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to have to test some more, but right now on my LG G7 running the latest version of Poweramp from the Play store (installed this morning), I can only play one song at a time via bluetooth, at which point the song looks like it starts over on the screen but no sound plays and the app won't respond to anything I do. If I force close and re-open, I can choose another song, then it does the same thing when the song ends. With a wired connection, the next song plays, but the app is very unresponsive and right now it's stuck with the album art and song info loading even though the track is playing, and while I can get to the EQ screen, clicking library is unresponsive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, twinextralong said:

I'm going to have to test some more, but right now on my LG G7 running the latest version of Poweramp from the Play store (installed this morning), I can only play one song at a time via bluetooth, at which point the song looks like it starts over on the screen but no sound plays and the app won't respond to anything I do. If I force close and re-open, I can choose another song, then it does the same thing when the song ends. With a wired connection, the next song plays, but the app is very unresponsive and right now it's stuck with the album art and song info loading even though the track is playing, and while I can get to the EQ screen, clicking library is unresponsive.

Well, it wasn't ideal, but after clearing all data from the app and reloading my exported settings, it seems to be working now. Phew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...