Poweramp builds 861-866

maxmp

2 hours ago, invaderzim said:

Did you manually update using the apk file or through Google Play? I asked if it's the former because I also encountered the same. The fix for me was clearing the app's cache.

I'm on the beta group, I updated the app on the play store, I tried many things I cleaned the app cache and also reset audio settings and sound on Hi-Res is still too soft

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Benjamin_1210 Depending on your MIUI version, Hi-Res may not work, work only without DVC, or may work with DVC (192kHz, 384kHz is w/o DVC). Try to upgrade to latest available MIUI, as Xiaomi gradually added appropriate patches/fixes from Qualcomm and early MIUI (< 11.0.5) are buggy in this regard. Also, lite versions may have no hi-res at all.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Benjamin_1210 Depending on your MIUI version, Hi-Res may not work, work only without DVC, or may work with DVC (192kHz, 384kHz is w/o DVC). Try to upgrade to latest available MIUI, as Xiaomi gradually added appropriate patches/fixes from Qualcomm and early MIUI (< 11.0.5) are buggy in this regard. Also, lite versions may have no hi-res at all.

Technically, Xiaomi mi 9 lite is a variation of the cc9 (in China) just name, my latest version of MIUI is 11.0.1.0 Android 10. Hi-Res still sound very soft disabling the DVC and using 192 khz, 90 khz or others

3 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Hello 

Do I have to pay for Poweramp again when I download the app from the Huawei App Gallery? 

If you bought from the Google Play Store then you need to have Google Play installed on any device(s) that you wish to install it on, so yes to download from a new marketplace you would have to pay that marketplace.

If you purchased directly from the website here, then you can install the downloaded file on any new device and still use the same licence (the old device's version will become invalid though, as direct-purchases only allow installation onto one device at any given time). 

Andre

Thanks for the update, I just got a new phone and a 256GB Micro SD during the previous update, I thought something was terribly wrong with my hardware when I saw it stalling to scan the library. It scans in about 2 minutes now. 👍

@maxmp

I just noticed a couple bugs related to using the Album Artists category.

Using CUE files...

Show CUE Disc Image Files seems to be ignored under Album Artists category, this does not happen for "Artists".  I think this might be dependent on how the my M4A music images are labeled, but I tested removing tags which has the same result.

When I click on an album it shows the Artist tag correctly (left image), but when I swipe down (back to the list) it says "unknown artist" (right image).

Before, I thought this was an issue with my albums missing the "Album Artist" tag, but I just spent 3 hours tagging all of them, so it's definitely a bug! 😂

1034112163_UknownArtist.thumb.jpg.3474a097518a7d39de67b415978b91f1.jpg

44 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the report. Can't reproduce #2 though, probably due to some options varying.

I did some more testing, and I think both issues relate back to having unnecessary tags on my disc images.

1.) Removing the tags fixes issue #2, but issue #1 remains.

2.) Adding the "Album Artist" tag seems to fix both issues.

But, should Poweramp be reading the tags on the music images for CUE based albums?

@maxmp

Hello everyone!

First question, when will the latest update be published on store ? (not beta)

Second is Library or Folder Album art is being set automatically from my musics, I hate this so much! I want to select myself, for example : Choose folder album art from aaaaaaa.mp3 (my musics) Is it possible ? By the way there is a manuel way to do this, put on a .jpg image into music folder. I don't think is useful at all.

Thanks for the answers, I have licensed.

3 minutes ago, MühendisMurat said:

First question, when will the latest update be published on store ? (not beta)

You can download and install the latest builds first from https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-poweramp-v3-latest-releases/ any time you like. The main public release (non-beta channel) tends to be a few versions behind (build 860 at the moment).

For a bit more info on cover images, see 

Folder images are generally picked up from cover artwork of contained files, or from a folder.jpg file if you want to do it manually. There is no 'download' option for folders though.

Andre

@maxmp

On 3/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, djdarko said:

2.) Adding the "Album Artist" tag seems to fix both issues.

One other small thing. Even after doing this, each "album artist" shows 2x the total actual playtime. So for example, an artist with 1 album @ 77 minutes, would show 154 minutes under the "Album Artists" section.  As it's probably combining the hidden disc image time with the CUE time.

@djdarko cues + album artist may behave like you described as the source image (in the current builds) may appear in All Album Artist Songs. The next build will fix this issue and the cue source image won't appear there unless Show CUE Sources option is enabled. Thanks for the feedback!

Build 866:

• new File Access Legacy Mode option
  • fixed Wavpack Replay Gain
  • settings sub-pages/categories for 3rd party skins and other new skin features
  • fixed issue with the large music collections requiring multiple scans

On 4/1/2020 at 4:20 PM, maxmp said:

Build 866:

• new File Access Legacy Mode option
  • fixed Wavpack Replay Gain
  • settings sub-pages/categories for 3rd party skins and other new skin features
  • fixed issue with the large music collections requiring multiple scans

I confirm that Wavpack Replay Gain now works correctly on my ASUS Zenfone 2. Thanks maxmp.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, andrewilley said:

If you bought from the Google Play Store then you need to have Google Play installed on any device(s) that you wish to install it on, so yes to download from a new marketplace you would have to pay that marketplace.

If you purchased directly from the website here, then you can install the downloaded file on any new device and still use the same licence (the old device's version will become invalid though, as direct-purchases only allow installation onto one device at any given time). 

Andre

Thank you

Archived