Queue Length display

hey

any chance of getting a total Queue length (time) on the Queue section similar to what you can see on playlists, albums etc? I was pleased to see the Album length show up awhile back so wondering if could be added similarly to Queues.  It's useful to see how much music you've queued up. Especially for like a commute....exercise...etc   For those of us who don't make everything in saved playlists or listen to music by artist or whatever

+++!!!

This is a very good request! I'm also a big queue user for what sounds like many of the same reasons. If there were a setting to shut off the "default" mode of the way PA works and give the queue total control -  things like Play Next", "Play Next Album", "remove Album" (ability to remove an album in the queue). The current database seems to have all kinds of additional function over what android or any other Music player for Android has and I believe it's mostly code vs devining more fields and then code to use them.

The Queue is, and always has been, a way to depart from normal Library Category playback and temporarily listen to a few specifically chosen tracks without losing your place in the normal playback process. However some people do seem to try to use it as their normal playback mode, which is not really what it was designed for. It merely contains a list of song files to play (like a temporary internal Playlist) and there is no real concept within that list of where the songs came from (albums, folders, artists, etc).

Andre

err.. ok w3wilkes, thanks for the support and then requesting something else totally unrelated

Back to request at hand - looking for "Headers with Meta" type information display on the Queue section so you can in fact see the total length of the songs you have queued up in the 'temporary internal playlist' as it were

Archived