Poweramp
shmykelsa

Collection of bugs happening with Android Auto

1. When the app is in Android Auto mode, even though my music library comprehend artist pretty much from A-Z it only loads a part of them (precisely: A to J). Shuffling all the tracks actually makes Poweramp play pretty much all the artists.                                  image.png.19f189962620b874db78f7cf5a3f38a9.png
  2. When the app is in Android Auto mode it follows the "Media channel audio stream" (I don't know if it is the precise name, but basically it is the volume you set when you adjust media sound in Android). This does not happen in all other players in Android Auto. I suppose Poweramp is designed to do so to have the ability of using EQ/Effects and stuff
  3. When adding a track to the queue, no title appears.image.thumb.png.59f022c4d92a1ee9d09b2f569fdd2e5d.pngimage.png.ebb2312e5b08faf0a2ed4ab007606e4e.png
  4. Music does not stop when disconnected from Android Auto

Poweramp build: v3-build-820-play

Phone model: LG V10 H960A

Android Version: 7.0

Android Auto version: 3.9.585064-release

Google Play Services: 14.7.99

I'm having an issue where no audio is playing through my car stereo with Poweramp at all. It still works with all my other audio platforms (Apple Music, Google Play Music, Shuttle), but not Poweramp. The track will show that it's playing, but no audio comes out at all. I got it to work the first time I tried getting it to play, but ever since it's been silent. 

I feel like maybe I'm just missing something. Anyone have a fix?

7 hours ago, mglassmoyer said:

I'm having an issue where no audio is playing through my car stereo with Poweramp at all. It still works with all my other audio platforms (Apple Music, Google Play Music, Shuttle), but not Poweramp. The track will show that it's playing, but no audio comes out at all. I got it to work the first time I tried getting it to play, but ever since it's been silent. 

I feel like maybe I'm just missing something. Anyone have a fix?

What are your Settings > Audio > Output ? Could you try to use another plugin ? Tried to disable DVC ?

In addition to the above issues, I've also noticed that my equaliser and tone settings turn off when connected to Android Auto.

I'm having the same issue. Android Auto is not seeing all of my music! At least half is missing. It was working fine, then I tried a voice search and half my albums disappeared!. They show in normal Poweramp but not in Android Auto.

Gutted

I've also discovered that Album Art won't replicate on car's screen unless the screen is unlocked. Otherwise, a black baground will appear.

Galaxy S9 with Android 8.0 and a Honda Civic 2017.

Using Android Auto, the volume for Poweramp is considerably lower than all my other AA players. Additionally, it enables the annoying, loud system sound that plays when switching tracks, and is the only AA app to do so.

2 hours ago, Ceeneon said:

Galaxy S9 with Android 8.0 and a Honda Civic 2017.

Using Android Auto, the volume for Poweramp is considerably lower than all my other AA players. Additionally, it enables the annoying, loud system sound that plays when switching tracks, and is the only AA app to do so.

You should try to raise the volume via the volume rocker on the phone. Poweramp (as for now) relies on phone volume (as I mentioned on original post) even when connecting to Android Auto (and I think it should not).

As for the beep, it can be deactivated in Poweramp settings.

Galaxy S9
Android 8.0
Android Auto v3.9.585064-release
PA v-3-build-820-play (full)

I'm getting inconstant playback when connected to AA.

Example 1: Plug phone in to AA, PA fires right up, I hit play and everything works as expected (except I have to turn the volume on the phone up). 

Example 2: Plug phone in to AA, when I hit the play button, the play button turns to the paused icon (indicating that it's playing), nothing happens for a few seconds and then the icon changes back to the play icon.  Nothing will play at all.

Example 3: Plug phone in to AA, it will fire up and play fine for a short time (like ~5 minutes) and then no sound.  The pause button is still there (indicating that it's playing?).  If I wait for a minute or so, it'll come back only to drop out again.  If I hit the pause button, the play button appears.  Hitting the play button again, I get the pause button and no sound until it feels like coming back.

I have tried this with several different mp3 files with the same inconsistent results.

Any help is much appreciated.