Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, I just received this update through Play Store, and noticed some regressions when compared to versions before the redesign:

1. it seems that long pressing the play/pause button doesn't work as "stop" action anymore as it used to in previous versions

2. I use a custom music widget made with KWGT, and for some reason displayed album art is blurred. I know that KWGT is a separate app, but every music player other than Poweramp I've tried so far (Shuttle, Vinyl, Phonograph, Retro Music Player) display the album art properly when using the same widgets, so it looks like Poweramp's using some non-standard way to display album art, and that's likely to cause complaints from other KWGT users

3. before the redesign, I was able to long press the song's title in now playing screen and choose if I want to go to the song's album, display all other songs by the song's artist, or display all songs on my device. it looks like this option is no more, and the swipe gesture changes based on whether I opened the song through Artist menu, Album menu, or All songs menu, and I'd love to see the old behaviour brought back. it also seems weird to me that while there's a swipe down gesture, there's no way to go back to the now playing screen with a gesture, too. swiping one way and having to swipe one way and tapping when going back feels disruptive.

25 minutes ago, najodleglejszy said:

2. I use a custom music widget made with KWGT, and for some reason displayed album art is blurred

Please disable Blur Background in Lock Screen Settings. 

26 minutes ago, najodleglejszy said:

3. before the redesign, I was able to long press the song's title in now playing screen and choose if I want to go to the song's album, display all other songs by the song's artist,

Use menu on main screen (3 dots on album art) for Albums / Artists / Folder buttons.

Thanks for the update max. But I face some weird things with hires output. When I plug my earphone with hires output, the music plays through my phone speaker. The other output choice still play music through my earphone tho

My phone : Xiaomi Mi5

ROM : AOSP Extended 5.7

Android ver. : 8.1.0

Poweramp ver. : 793-play (got the update from Play Store)

EDIT : Solved by rebooting my phone, then enable hires ouput on PA without playing any music 

On the whole very good. Just one issue - the widget no longer goes to the edge of it's container (in Nova in Galaxy S9+), no matter what you do with the padding settings.

Also, any chance we could have an option to move the track details? Really hate having stuff obscuring the album art...

46 minutes ago, feilla said:

Thanks for the update max. But I face some weird things with hires output. When I plug my earphone with hires output, the music plays through my phone speaker. The other output choice still play music through my earphone tho

My phone : Xiaomi Mi5

ROM : AOSP Extended 5.7

Android ver. : 8.1.0

Poweramp ver. : 793-play (got the update from Play Store)

Same here on Xiaomi Mi Note 2

Archived