Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Masjan said:

Same here on Xiaomi Mi Note 2

I don't know this will work, but you may try it.

What I've done is rebooting my phone, then open PA, enable hires output without playing any song on PA. Now, the hires output works on my earphone ?

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Please disable Blur Background in Lock Screen Settings. 

Use menu on main screen (3 dots on album art) for Albums / Artists / Folder buttons.

thanks, didn't think of the Blur Background option!

also thank you for pointing out the album/artist/folder buttons in the menu, I didn't notice them at first, as you have to scroll a bit for them to show up :)

7 minutes ago, feilla said:

I don't know this will work, but you may try it.

What I've done is rebooting my phone, then open PA, enable hires output without playing any song on PA. Now, the hires output works on my earphone ?

It will work only for some time, after you unplug the headset and use another program with another volume level and plug the phones back, the sound will play from the dynamics, and you have to reboot the phone to get rid of that.

I found a bug where if you play music with the visualizer on and then pause the music the background image is then pushed down and to the left and is only fixable by skipping to next song, minimizing and reopening, or restarting. I'm on a Verizon s7 edge running Android 8.0 Oreo if that makes a difference

Screenshot_20180810-025635_Poweramp-1080x1920.jpg

Thanks for update.

But theres is some questions:

1. Will You plan to add hieracity ? Without it hard to use (artist1(cd1\cd2), artist2(cd1,cd2) - now show cd1,cd1,cd2,cd2.

2. List view even in very-small option shows strange - or icon must be smaller, or text bigger - looks like undone.

3. Hard to get to seekbar through buttons. I need and buttons and seekbar.

7 minutes ago, Masjan said:

It will work only for some time, after you unplug the headset and use another program with another volume level and plug the phones back, the sound will play from the dynamics, and you have to reboot the phone to get rid of that.

Maybe it is ROM related issues ? Because for me it works perfectly even after I use another program like you said

Thanks Max, I found a bug in my most precious part of a music player, Playlists :(

Turns out the shuffle isnt working when i press the shuffle icon from a playlist. The shuffle every song in the library feature works but not the playlist specific ones.

Any possible solutions/workarounds?

EDIT: I'm using the HTC 10 stock 8.0 ROM

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Please disable Blur Background in Lock Screen Settings. 

Use menu on main screen (3 dots on album art) for Albums / Artists / Folder buttons.

On Google pixel XL 2 running Android pie

There's OpenSL ES  hi res for Bluetooth and USB dac only, not speakers 

I had it on the beta Preview

9 minutes ago, 7OH said:

1. Will You plan to add hieracity ? Without it hard to use (artist1(cd1\cd2), artist2(cd1,cd2) - now show cd1,cd1,cd2,cd2.

2. List view even in very-small option shows strange - or icon must be smaller, or text bigger - looks like undone.

3. Hard to get to seekbar through buttons. I need and buttons and seekbar.

1. Hierarchy (and many other categories) are hidden by default, but can be enabled via Library => menu => List Options

2. Right, one some devices with rather low DPI (or raised scaling), font sizes are not ideal, that will be polished.

3. That is why skin dev. documentation for 3rd party skin developers is my priority after the v3 release.

1 hour ago, feilla said:

Thanks for the update max. But I face some weird things with hires output. When I plug my earphone with hires output, the music plays through my phone speaker. The other output choice still play music through my earphone tho

My phone : Xiaomi Mi5

ROM : AOSP Extended 5.7

Android ver. : 8.1.0

Poweramp ver. : 793-play (got the update from Play Store)

EDIT : Solved by rebooting my phone, then enable hires ouput on PA without playing any music 

Same on the HTC 10.

1 minute ago, maxmp said:

1. Hierarchy (and many other categories) are hidden by default, but can be enabled via Library => menu => List Options

2. Right, one some devices with rather low DPI (or raised scaling), font sizes are not ideal, that will be polished.

3. That is why skin dev. documentation for 3rd party skin developers is my priority after the v3 release.

Thanks for hint about hieracity.

May I ask one more?

It 709 version header was static - were usable.

Now it scrools with content and not very usable - cannot see where i am and cannot press header for moving back.

WIll nice to have option for pin header as in 709

I wasn't happy with the way the library worked. Took me a while to find the hierarchy option. The option is hard to find and I don't understand why it isn't the default for folders.

Firstly, is there no way to go to folders hierarchy instead of albums when clicking on the album art?

Secondly, and this one is the worst, when no album art is found for the current folder, can it look in lower folders and use what it finds there? My artist folders went from having album art in the previous version to no art at all.

All in all, in pretty disappointed with the new library... But, hey, if everyone else is happy with it...

12 minutes ago, 7OH said:

Thanks for hint about hieracity.

May I ask one more?

It 709 version header was static - were usable.

Now it scrools with content and not very usable - cannot see where i am and cannot press header for moving back.

WIll nice to have option for pin header as in 709

Do you mean the Seekbar? Go to Settings > Look and Feel > Skin --- then set it to "Static Seekbar"

Archived