Poweramp beta build-792

maxmp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome that you released this! I've installed it, everything looks great, except for the audio itself: the music is mute. I remember having this issue on other builds as well, but it had to do with the settings that were transferred over from the previous version, or with the resampling settings. But this time I have a clean install without anything being transferred, but the music won't play. I see that this page already has five pages of discussion with mixed languages, so I can't say if this has been posted or not. Anyone got any input on this?

Возникла проблема с управлением через БТ гарнитуру. После использования любого проигрывателя (неважно аудио или видео) воспроизведение/пауза и листание треков удерживанием кнопок громкости перестают откликаться. После перезагрузки управление работает до момента запуска другого проигрывателя. Началось после обновления до 8.1. Телефон Mi A1, гарнитура JBL E55BT. Можно это как-то побороть?

There was a problem with the control via the BT headset. After using any player (no matter audio or video), playback / pause and paging of tracks by holding down the volume buttons cease to respond. After reboot, the control runs until the other player starts. It started after the upgrade to 8.1. Phone Mi A1, headset JBL E55BT. Can this be overcome somehow?

@maxmp

Опции перемещивания в списках не работают. Аудио воспроизводиться в том порядке, как оно идёт в списке. При пересортировании плейлиста аудио продолжает воспроизводиться в том порядке, который был ранее в списке. 

The options for mixing in lists do not work. The audio is played in the order that it is listed. When you rearrange the playlist, the audio continues to play in the order that was previously listed.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Android 6.

4 minutes ago, cristi.neagu said:

I'm not sure what I did, but it started working ok for me. Try restarting the app.

Yup. Force stop solved it (will look if it will be reproduced in future).

Were started play in folder view, than switched to hieracity and that pressing on title - maybe this is the reason.

In any case need to work without restart app.

This feels much more polished than v790 even though v792/793 is a final stage beta. I am finding bugs but they have already been mentioned earlier.

Bit of a learning curve to get used to the new UI but it looks great and sounds excellent. HiRes working perfectly wired and wireless on my Axon 7.

@maxmp don't listen to the negativity, it just shows the community passion for your great work. Big kudos bud?

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180810-104005.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180810-103642.png

2 hours ago, bonsanator said:

Thanks Max, I found a bug in my most precious part of a music player, Playlists :(

Turns out the shuffle isnt working when i press the shuffle icon from a playlist. The shuffle every song in the library feature works but not the playlist specific ones.

Any possible solutions/workarounds?

EDIT: I'm using the HTC 10 stock 8.0 ROM

I have the same issue, shuffling a Playlist doesn't seem to work, but shuffling all does. 

I'm using an LG V30 on Android 8.0

2 hours ago, Majestic12 said:

Same on the HTC 10.

sometimes reboot or app data delete solves the issue, if it still doesnt work and you have your htc 10 with magisk installed, you can try Ainur Sauron module. For me, it fixed every issue I ever had (random hi-res fail to play, not actually playing hi-res at all)

With the new update, the track counter does not appear on the block screen or on the player screen. The names of the songs are not complete, they are cut and they do not slide. Nor does the button to unlock appear, I have to press back.

15 minutes ago, grieserl said:

I have the same issue, shuffling a Playlist doesn't seem to work, but shuffling all does. 

I'm using an LG V30 on Android 8.0

Weird it works here for me, i reinstalled the app btw 

Android 9 pixel xl 2

Quick question guys, will updating the app in the playstore keep all the songs in my playlists? 

I'm worried about having to manually add all the songs back in my playlists again...

EDIT: I'm on alpha build 709 at the moment. 

EDIT 2: OK, I just went ahead and updated, and it did wipe the playlists. So warning to people on alpha 709, updating to beta 793 WILL wipe your playlists (the playlists are there but not the songs within them).

EDIT 3: Nevermind, something strange happened, I added some songs back to a playlist, and then suddenly every song in every playlist was back! 

3 hours ago, cristi.neagu said:

Secondly, and this one is the worst, when no album art is found for the current folder, can it look in lower folders and use what it finds there? My artist folders went from having album art in the previous version to no art at all.

It simply doesn't load any *.jpg file when subfolders are used. I have a artist.jpg in every artist folder and a cover.jpg in every album folder even when the album is a multiple disc set and I have a folder for every disc within the main album folder. Poweramp 793 only loads the *.jpg in folders that also have musicfiles in them. If a folder only contains subfolders and a *.jpg it won't load any *.jpg. Not the *.jpg that is within the main folder and none of the *.jpg that are in the subfolders. 

Bugreport: In folders hierarchy view when there are subfolders Poweramp seems only able to look within the last folder in the folder structure. It registers 0 files/folders in every folder before the last folder. So within this structure: [artist\album\Disc I] when you are in the artist and album folder it shows a "0". It first mentions the existence of files when the last folder within the structure is loaded, in this case the "Disc I" folder.  

@maxmp Thank you for your hard work, it's appreciated. At the end of the day Poweramp will rule the music player scene once again. I believe Poweramp has alot of old skool folder users like me. It's the only app that was able so show artist.jpg that is within a artist folder and display all the albumart of every album that was within the albumfolder even if a album concists of multiple discs and every disc has it's own folder within the albumfolder. This for me made Poweramp the only usable musicplayer for android since I have al my music within a clean folder hierarchy structure. The old versions handeled this without any problems. Can you please fix this in the new version? Maybe it's more logical to make what is now called the "folder hierarchy" view the default folder view, since that is what it actually is. The in this version so called folder view is actually a collection of every last folder within the folder hierarchy.

Anyway, thanx and I hope you can smoothen everything and add chromecast support. All the best!

Great to see that this is finally getting closer to a stable final release! :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in the Albums menu, setting the list view to "By artist/album" crashes Poweramp. I haven't tested it any further, but so far, lovin the new interface! Good luck @maxmp. Thank you so much. :D

Screenshot_20180810-054819.jpg

Few bugs that i noticed:

The old 790 icon is behind the new 793 and it's noticable.

When you try to download album art and you tick the high resolution it doesn't work if previously in settings is checked HD download, simple missed logic i think, when you check it, it uses non HD album art.

Poweramp's lock screen doesn't work 

There is no OpenSL HD for wired headset only Bluetooth and USB dac.

List shuffle doesn't work

The UI is really smooth and nice, these are some bugs that i encountered and overall the sound quality somehow is worse than 790

Device: Pixel XL 2

Rom: Stock Android 9

Archived