Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You're welcome. Glad I could help, and that you're finding 704 1 improvement in sound quality.

Andre

Yeah! 

The sound is really nice!

Sennheiser Momentum Earphone

Dual OPA2604 Ear Amp

Audioquest Diamonback  Cable

Xplay 6 with Poweramp 704

Harmony

PSX_20171010_052930.jpg

On 9/28/2017 at 0:23 AM, dhenyaw said:

Hello. I know you guys wait so long for update. Alternative if you want use Poweramp in nougat, you can use sound mod by Arise Sound. I used Xiaomi Mi5 with CM14.1. flash Arise  Magnum Opus and I can use Hi Res output in Poweramp. Just install core module if you dont like viper, dolby, etc. 

Thanks for sharing this. I had 24-bit but with only 44.1/48kHz on my Z3C Lineage 14.1 until a recent development change that put it back to 16-bit. I hadn't needed to use sound mods in the past being on a stock MM ROM with Sony Hi-Res API. With Arise i've got the same 16-bit 192kHZ Lenovo Hi-Fi you've got. I find it sounds worse unless at 96kHz on my device in my opinion, that might have to do with Sony's Hi-Res API being only 96kHz.

Installing it is a bit of a task to follow. I find Viper is useful for it's system wide EQ. The only other extra I use is Dolby Digital Plus to improve the audio on the phone speakers. 

Well, came back to v2 Poweramp, due to Stellio crashing every single open of the app. I am patiently waiting for v3 to get close to beta release but getting tired of the long wait. Oh well, I am sticking with v2 because it at least scrobbles to last fm. V3 has a trick or workaround for the scrobbling but still messes up. Until we eventually start seeing beta, then v2 it is.

I have the arise sauron mod installed, what it does is bypasses all android built in sound engines and gives direct access to your dac without any resampling or messing with the signal, while also removing any sound tuning done to it.

It can give you full 24bit up to 192khz playback maybe more if hardware supports it. Though I had to move back to 702 build, since the new ones still saw lenovo hifi api and didn't work, because of the always on dvc. With the old version 702. snapdragon 24bit api works like a dream, pure bit perfect playback.

3 hours ago, lantian said:

I have the arise sauron mod installed, what it does is bypasses all android built in sound engines and gives direct access to your dac without any resampling or messing with the signal, while also removing any sound tuning done to it.

It can give you full 24bit up to 192khz playback maybe more if hardware supports it. Though I had to move back to 702 build, since the new ones still saw lenovo hifi api and didn't work, because of the always on dvc. With the old version 702. snapdragon 24bit api works like a dream, pure bit perfect playback.

You mean Ainur Sauron? I tried that before on 704 but it didn't gain anything for me. Not even 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz that I'd seen mentioned.

51 minutes ago, Infy_AsiX said:

You mean Ainur Sauron? I tried that before on 704 but it didn't gain anything for me. Not even 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz that I'd seen mentioned.

Yes.It is beta, you can try again, difference should be pretty big.

10 hours ago, weejake said:

when are you implementing personal cloud storage streaming??? ie.one drive?

Not any time very soon as far as I know, not before v3 is officially released certainly.

Andre

i have not bought it yet...  i would if it was definitely going to be implemented. with bandwidth being less expensive and 4g. getting better all the time...putting music on USB  will become more of a chore ..my car stereo is android 6...think about it ...

2 hours ago, StinkBeanZ said:

I'm just curious, what is the difference of sound you feel from v2 to v3 703 with hi-res output ? :)

Much more clearer and detailed as long as you listen to flac files and with headphones that cost more than, say, 50 Euros. It also depends on your specific device, my experience is with LG G3 and Focal Sphear and is an absolute joy.

Sorry.  I've had enough waiting.  You have my money, and there's been no progress for a year now.  I'm moving on to another player, that provides bit-perfect playback, and I'm not looking back.

@ZMan2k2, for your money you have a perfect stable version. Next version is a gift from developer because it is another programm with the same name. We are so scared that you choosen another player, no, please, don't do it!

@clever_man and others can mock me all you want.  I have a well put together music player, not some alpha version we've been stuck with for a year.  I'm not convinced v.3 will ever come out.  If it ever does, I might try it, we'll see.

2 hours ago, clever_man said:

@ZMan2k2, for your money you have a perfect stable version. Next version is a gift from developer because it is another programm with the same name. We are so scared that you choosen another player, no, please, don't do it!

I am still using Poweramp as my main player but I too am shopping around. I don't want the next version of Poweramp to be a gift- I'd like it to be a sustainable and frequently updated product and am willing to pay for it. I would love to pay for continued development of what is still the best player on the market. I think the fact that major updates are free is bad for all of us, including the developer. On my PC I pay for Jriver Media Center (after the initial purchase of $50, major releases are ~$25 usually every year) and for Roon ($120 a year, mostly for the terrific back end music database it uses to help organize and view your own library).  I sure as hell am willing to pay for Poweramp updates and am kind of getting the tired of the updates being viewed as a 'gift'.  Charge us for the software (we know it's a hell of a lot of work) and release.

7 hours ago, ZMan2k2 said:

Sorry.  I've had enough waiting.  You have my money, and there's been no progress for a year now.

You paid for Poweramp v2, as released, which you are still fully entitled to use. You can also use the alpha-test version of v3 if you wish, that is your choice.

And at some point, when v3 is finally complete and released, and you will be entitled to use that for no extra charge rather than having to pay again. You're welcome.

Andre

On 16.10.2017 at 11:39 AM, StinkBeanZ said:

I'm just curious, what is the difference of sound you feel from v2 to v3 703 with hi-res output ? :)

None....but that is mostly as my previous device did not had hi res support, and my actual device which supports hi res does not have the option in Poweramp to enable it (probably because of Android 8 i think)....but even if ...no idea if hi-res in Poweramp would be working with Bluetooth headphones.

So lets see what the next version will bring...whenever it comes.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:51 AM, ZMan2k2 said:

@clever_man and others can mock me all you want.  I have a well put together music player, not some alpha version we've been stuck with for a year.  I'm not convinced v.3 will ever come out.  If it ever does, I might try it, we'll see.

Honestly it seems you're mocking the developer as well as the patient users, with the brash remarks of "moving on" and such.

Well you've said your piece, got it off your chest. You're welcome to stay, in fact very welcome. You're also welcome to leave, such is the flexibility of the Android ecosystem.

The Poweramp lockscreen feature isn't working for me. It's enabled but doesn't show up on the lockscreen. It worked on the beta version but not alpha. I'm still using alpha for hi-res audio but I hope this can be solved. I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 2015 (SM-J700F) with Android 6.0.1.

5 hours ago, Arjun J. said:

It worked on the beta version but not alpha. 

Huh? There is no beta version yet. When there is, the user interface will be completely new anyway.

Andre