Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

I first tried Poweramp back in 2010, and bought it before the trial mode ended.  The themes, style, customization, organization, and sound quality, it became a fundamental part of my Android experience.  Every phone or tablet I get, Poweramp is my fist install.  It was great in the beginning, and I'm only impressed, amazed that it continues to evolve, and get better.  I am thankful this great music player continues to get support, and stay relevant as Android and devices themselves get more advanced.

I loved Poweramp in the beginning, and would still love it now without all the improvements being made since, after all, that's why I purchased it, because it was already great.  Now it's great and then some icing.  Now it's phenomenal, incredible, and I have no problem at all waiting for updates, because I've already gotten far more than I ever expected, and I'm simply glad that development is still moving forward.

To sum up, thank you for your work, your art, your irreplaceable jem in the Android community, and thank you for your continued effort to keep it going.  Without you, my Android experience would be drastically different.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2017 at 2:57 AM, ACE7F22 said:

I first tried Poweramp back in 2010, and bought it before the trial mode ended.  The themes, style, customization, organization, and sound quality, it became a fundamental part of my Android experience.  Every phone or tablet I get, Poweramp is my fist install.  It was great in the beginning, and I'm only impressed, amazed that it continues to evolve, and get better.  I am thankful this great music player continues to get support, and stay relevant as Android and devices themselves get more advanced.

I loved Poweramp in the beginning, and would still love it now without all the improvements being made since, after all, that's why I purchased it, because it was already great.  Now it's great and then some icing.  Now it's phenomenal, incredible, and I have no problem at all waiting for updates, because I've already gotten far more than I ever expected, and I'm simply glad that development is still moving forward.

To sum up, thank you for your work, your art, your irreplaceable jem in the Android community, and thank you for your continued effort to keep it going.  Without you, my Android experience would be drastically different.

You just said ?% on my thoughts exactly.

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Non esiste un gruppo di test pubblico separato, quando la prossima versione è pronta per il beta testing saremo tutti in grado di scaricare se dalla scheda Download nella parte superiore di questa pagina.

Andre

Andre, a way to calm the minds though could be writing an official post with a work update that is in progress calming all the "followers" Poweramp

2 hours ago, daveaspec said:

Andre, a way to calm the minds though could be writing an official post with a work update that is in progress calming all the "followers" Poweramp

That's what the first post in this thread was meant to be for. There is nothing confirmed beyond what is written there, although the current hope is that the next beta release should be within a month or so. I'm not going to stick my neck out on that as a date yet though! :)

Others

Seriously guys... Poweramp is the best player by far, it's not even a matter of contest or debate. Since I'm having issues in my car after I updated my OnePlus 3 to Oreo, I've been reading here and trying some alternatives but they all range from a resounding "meh" to absolutely dreadful.

Anyway, Poweramp is just glorious compared to the rest. And when I say glorious I mean it, it's lighyears ahead in every single aspect. Even on its basic theme it just looks more cohesive than many Material-Design apps. The options menu alone is just a joy to an audio nerd like me, the customization is amazing, the additional buttons to skip lists are a godsend, the Milkdrop reminds me of the nineties when I used Winamp on my PC and stared at the trippy effects while listening to trance, oh man I love Poweramp even more after trying these sad and pitifully basic players. Poweramp is by far the best 5€ I've ever spent and will gladly spend even 50€ if the new version improves on the current Alpha and is again compatible with my car.

On 16.11.2017 at 0:15 PM, Sairaj shete said:

I think we will get v3 as a new year gift of 2018 

:blink:Maybe Santa will bring an update personally to each of us. Since May the Blabla of an update, 9 months and nothing has changed. The whole thing is just incredible

On 14/11/2017 at 9:57 AM, ACE7F22 said:

Yes, thank you! You are the kind of person I admire with a good length!

8 minutes ago, 9th wonder said:

Poweramp is dead, it's past its time .. And I think it's just hard for max to agree on this  but this the plain truth. 

No it isn't, but if you are too impatient to wait then there are plethora of other players out there if you want to try them in the meantime.

Andre

2 hours ago, 9th wonder said:

Hey guys instead of sending ideas to this guys why don't we send then to black player... It's the future app, Poweramp is dead, it's past its time .. And I think it's just hard for max to agree on this  but this the plain truth. 

ahahahahah

...black player... ah ah ah

you're very nice guy!!

I think the only player approaching PWA as audio quality is Neutron.ma is not as superior as many believe. in the more it is much more complex to achieve high quality with the settings. and snoops a lot in the graphical user interface. I keep close to PWA ...

11 hours ago, 9th wonder said:

Hey guys instead of sending ideas to this guys why don't we send then to black player... It's the future app, Poweramp is dead, it's past its time .. And I think it's just hard for max to agree on this  but this the plain truth. 

Aaahahahahahaha buying blackplayer because i got bored of Poweramp a while back. Soon realised what a mistake it was! Sure the beta gets updated every couple of days but what actual change does it makes? 

Poweramp is superior in every way. Take your toxicity somewhere else. 

As for the next update, i cannot wait to see what Max brings to the table. 

11 hours ago, 9th wonder said:

BP is not intended for anything other than mp3 tracks due its limitation to the primary audio output in the android mixer, resulting in unavoidable resampling. Other than that, ergonomically, miles ahead of PA. 

22 hours ago, daveaspec said:

I think the only player approaching PWA as audio quality is Neutron.ma is not as superior as many believe. in the more it is much more complex to achieve high quality with the settings. and snoops a lot in the graphical user interface. I keep close to PWA ...

I tried it but it looks like a bootleg of Poweramp tbh, absolutely dreadful interface. Audio quality is identical to PA, but maybe my current phone, the OnePlus3, does not allow me to hear any difference even with decent headphones (I have Sony MDR1A and Sennheiser HD598Cs). Honestly I can't hear any noticeable difference from most of the players I tried. Poweramp has set the bar too high for me, I think it will take years before any player can match it even at the current stage in terms of functionality and sheer quality of the interface.

1 hour ago, MRK17 said:

I tried it but it looks like a bootleg of Poweramp tbh, absolutely dreadful interface. Audio quality is identical to PA, but maybe my current phone, the OnePlus3, does not allow me to hear any difference even with decent headphones (I have Sony MDR1A and Sennheiser HD598Cs). Honestly I can't hear any noticeable difference from most of the players I tried. Poweramp has set the bar too high for me, I think it will take years before any player can match it even at the current stage in terms of functionality and sheer quality of the interface.

Neutron is currently the only foolproof option for OP3 to avoid resampling, granting you access to various outputs, while PA lacks any hires option (even if you manage to turn it on, the actual readings indicate it does nothing). There are workarounds, but PA is persistent and known to resample up/down to the system's 16/48, which is deteriorating for any quality music listener. 

Archived