Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the UI was finalised months ago and Max was just working on fixing some issues with Samsung devices? The **** is going on, I want to use 704 but it's got too many bugs for me to use it as a daily driver and stable is just outdated and in many cases for me personally slow. It took less time to get Xposed working on Nougat which seems like an infinitely more difficult task. I'm really thinking that this app is abandonware now, with development going nowhere and seemingly quite silent it might as well be.

All I can say is that Max assures me he is almost done with the work on the new ground-up rebuild of the UI, and compatibility checks and fixes with hundreds of devices and OS versions (not specifically Samsung). However the problem, as always, is that even a minor hiccough can cause weeks of extra work, and with only one developer that obviously hits any kind of target badly (hence I no longer pass on projected dates).

I would hope that the next beta will be released within the next month or so, but please don't be too surprised if that slips to the end of the year.

Andre

On 11/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, SynekPablo said:

There are AAA video games that finished faster.

Yeah, but then you also have the Blizzard-esque companies that have games in development for years and cancel them because they didn't feel good enough to ship.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, andrewilley said:

All I can say is that Max assures me he is almost done with the work on the new ground-up rebuild of the UI, and compatibility checks and fixes with hundreds of devices and OS versions (not specifically Samsung).

Sounds good.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, andrewilley said:

I would hope that the next beta will be released within the next month or so, but please don't be too surprised if that slips to the end of the year.

OK, Dec 25 seems reasonable :D

Still, going by the massive delays this project has experienced so far I'll hope for a June 2018 release haha

2 hours ago, jl91569 said:

Yeah, but then you also have the Blizzard-esque companies that have games in development for years and cancel them because they didn't feel good enough to ship.

Poweramp is not World of Warcraft.

Poweramp is not free.

We paid for Poweramp and can also complain.

There are dozens of music players in the store that are free and have overtaken Poweramp.

It is the general disappointment of the users.

Poweramp was unrivaled at the top and worth every cent.

Today Poweramp is stuck in the development, while others have constantly evolved and replaced Poweramp from the top.

38 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

You have paid for Poweramp v2. Nothing more.

No one has paid for v3 or is entitled to complain about it, as it isn't out yet.

However when v3 does finally get released, all Poweramp v2 owners (assuming they have Android 5.x or above) will get a free upgrade.

Andre

2 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Poweramp is not World of Warcraft.

Poweramp is not free.

There are dozens of music players in the store that are free and have overtaken Poweramp.

It is the general disappointment of the users.

Poweramp was unrivaled at the top and worth every cent.

Today Poweramp is stuck in the development, while others have constantly evolved and replaced Poweramp from the top.

You are correct, you paid for Poweramp. You did not pay for updates. So just relax and stop being entitled baby about things.

5 hours ago, BROKEN said:

You are correct, you paid for Poweramp. You did not pay for updates. So just relax and stop being entitled baby about things.

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No one has paid for v3 or is entitled to complain about it, as it isn't out yet.

However when v3 does finally get released, all Poweramp v2 owners (assuming they have Android 5.x or above) will get a free upgrade.

Andre

You already realize that people are complaining because they are being held out.

There are periods for the release called which are repeatedly postponed.

In such cases it is better to say nothing than anything just to reassure people.

Because then such situations arise.

P.S. what amount should I transfer so that I may continue to use the right to appeal? ?

5 hours ago, BROKEN said:

I did not know that I have to pay for updates.

Basically, I do not care if V3 will be released tomorrow or in 2 years.

I like to discuss

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Is it going to be a separate app on play store or update to v2?

I've again removed some comments that were starting to get into personal insults. Keep going and I will start banning or post-restricting people, regardless of how useful the rest of their posts might have been.

The next test release of PA will happen when it happens. I really do wish I could guarantee the current prediction of later this month or more likely December, but I can't - and to try to set another date (which could also be missed) would most likely be counter-productive anyway.

No amount of whinging or comments that it could/should be done sooner will change the fact that it can't released until it is sufficiently working for testing purposes. Anyone who feels they can do a better/quicker job is perfectly free to write a competing app themselves.

Andre

14 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

I did not know that I have to pay for updates.

Basically, I do not care if V3 will be released tomorrow or in 2 years.

I like to discuss

I'm just saying to think about it. You buy an app as is. You buy an OS such as Microsoft as is. That's why I find it so funny how people complain about updates with mobile apps and even Android upgrades.

To me, updates are just a nice freebie.

Now bug fixing should be a must. The dev should always make bug fixing mandatory.

4 hours ago, BROKEN said:

I'm just saying to think about it. You buy an app as is. You buy an OS such as Microsoft as is. That's why I find it so funny how people complain about updates with mobile apps and even Android upgrades.

To me, updates are just a nice freebie.

Now bug fixing should be a must. The dev should always make bug fixing mandatory.

I agree with you.

But you want to keep your users and if you ask for every update money then the users run away.

It's hard enough convincing people to pay for your APP.

There are a lot of free APPs that are very good and you have to give people very good reasons to pay for your APP.

3 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

But you want to keep your users and if you ask for every update money then the users run away.

As I said, there will be no extra charge for v3 when it arrives, even though you originally paid for v2. It will be a free upgrade for registered users.

Andre

8 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

I agree with you.

It's hard enough convincing people to pay for your APP.

There are a lot of free APPs that are very good and you have to give people very good reasons to pay for your APP.

What are some of these very good free music apps which give me very good reasons to uninstall Poweramp? :)

I also expect the new update, but beware of other readers. the same Neutron in my opinion, playing long with the audio settings, I can not get to the Hi-res quality of Poweramp v.704 with flac files. other players have eye-catching graphics and features, but audio quality?

I hope for future updates to further improve Hi-res quality because this is the strong point of the Poweramp.

This words not about time of release - it about working with users.

---

Right now (second time) ended tests of Stellio.

Devs create group in telegramm and USERS make tests on real phones that they uses every day.

Group alive from october 2016 and once in a half year - we test new features.

I think - it's better way to catch bugs than do it by self.

---

Will continue to quiet waiting v3.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, andrewilley said:

I've again removed some comments that were starting to get into personal insults. Keep going and I will start banning or post-restricting people, regardless of how useful the rest of their posts might have been.

The next test release of PA will happen when it happens. I really do wish I could guarantee the current prediction of later this month or more likely December, but I can't - and to try to set another date (which could also be missed) would most likely be counter-productive anyway.

No amount of whinging or comments that it could/should be done sooner will change the fact that it can't released until it is sufficiently working for testing purposes. Anyone who feels they can do a better/quicker job is perfectly free to write a competing app themselves.

Andre

I hope max will release the update before my degree ??? (i'm 20)

18 hours ago, quirK said:

What are some of these very good free music apps which give me very good reasons to uninstall Poweramp? :)

Beats me.  there's hundreds of players out there but maybe only 5 of them use a decent eq and sound settings worth a hoot.  There's PlayerPro still in beta for new version with no replies from the dev from review, email, or posts in forum.  Then Jet Audio but it won't read my album covers or an easy way to select them like Poweramp.  most others are either confusing to use or sound like crap.  Rocket Player wouldnt' be too bad if the EQ didn't sound muffled on the highs or bass.  I wonder why more Devs don't create their own EQ's instead of using the crappy Android one?  there's too many look a like music apps in the store many with adds too and most use the android EQ.

1 hour ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Beats me.  there's hundreds of players out there but maybe only 5 of them use a decent eq and sound settings worth a hoot.  There's PlayerPro still in beta for new version with no replies from the dev from review, email, or posts in forum.  Then Jet Audio but it won't read my album covers or an easy way to select them like Poweramp.  most others are either confusing to use or sound like crap.  Rocket Player wouldnt' be too bad if the EQ didn't sound muffled on the highs or bass.  I wonder why more Devs don't create their own EQ's instead of using the crappy Android one?  there's too many look a like music apps in the store many with adds too and most use the android EQ.

Well bud, you're WRONG, according to SynekPablo.

He says there are LOTS of free apps which are very good. So good that we are supposed to regret paying for Poweramp or waiting for v3. ;)

Archived