Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You paid for the release version, as it was on the day you paid. Anything else in terms of updates and new editions etc. is a nice bonus, but nothing you can demand. To be honest, given the enormous amount of time and effort this is taking for one person, I'm very surprised Max hasn't decided to make v3 a paid upgrade.

Notice: If people continue to post personal jibes against other users I will close this thread again.

Andre

Heard of Nova launcher (probably the bestvapp I've paid for), i get updates every now and then without having to pay extra, same with evolve sms. Having to pay for an update would be a betrayal of early adopters. Updating apps require a lot of time but there's a large of number of developers who do it and even a larger number of developers that do it for free apps. If Max makes the next update a paid update, he's only going to add to negative word that Poweramp is getting already. People would end up boycotting his new app & whatever effort he put would be for nought. 

Imo i don't think closing the thread would solve anything. It's only going to succeed at holding back angry comments for a free days. You & Max should see the comments here as a positive, it means people still care about his app. If he's seeing this he needs to try to take an hour to do an AMA to talk to people, the silence isn't helping. It would be a shame if people move away from his app towards other music  players. 

2 hours ago, clever_man said:

Adroid always free. Poweramp is applied software, not operating system. You can compare it with MS Office.

Are you trying to compare MS Office with a music player? It would crazy if Microsoft was trying to charge to get a new version of windows media player 

Poweramp is the best music player till date. I can't compare it with anything else. I just got a new device it support 24bit 192khz audio the audio is much better than ever before. 

My previous device was galaxy S3 running RR remix & was facing some issues regarding the app force colse all the time but now every thing is fine. 

But I noticed some changes in terms of sound quality specially in the bass it's not like the bass is downgraded or the bass is less powerful. 

It's hardly noticeable on in ear headphones but on xb920 it's pretty noticeable the bass is really powerful but it's not like jaw rattling or my 920s jumping on my head or the driver's kicking on my face it's more precise tight and balanced like if you heard audio technica m50x something like that (I don't own m50x my friend has it). I tried it many times too much highs not my type.

But that doesn't mean the bass is not punchy or lesser by any means it sounds a bit different or my cans reacting differently.

I use many many sound mods on my S3 but the sound quality I'm getting is out of this world specially the sound stage the vocals, also there's so much air I really can't explain. 

I am saying this from my 5yrs experience which I learnt from XDA 

In one sentence Poweramp is sounds way better than viper, arise(all version), Devine beats, Xtreme music, Atmos etc etc etc.

Thats the only reason I can't compare Poweramp with any other music player app because if sound mods can't beat Poweramp how could some crappy music player beat Poweramp in terms of sound quality.

I register once again to show my appreciation??? 

1 hour ago, martinkem said:

Heard of Nova launcher (probably the bestvapp I've paid for), i get updates every now and then without having to pay extra,

Yes, Nova is my preferred launcher too.

I don't believe that Max has any intention of charging for new versions of PA in the foreseeable future, but I was merely pointing out that for four years work it would be quite understandable if he did so for major releases (not for bug-fixes etc obviously). After all, you don't buy a book and then when a completely updated and revised edition comes out four years later stand there in the bookshop (or Kindle download store) expecting your free new copy. Or "I bought the VHS tape, why can't I now have a free BluRay copy?". ;)

Andre

4 hours ago, martinkem said:

Are you trying to compare MS Office with a music player?

Whats wrong? MS Office is more complex project and it has a much higher price. We compare paid model, not functionality.

Yes, Nova is my preferred launcher too.

I don't believe that Max has any intention of charging for new versions of PA in the foreseeable future, but I was merely pointing out that for four years work it would be quite understandable if he did so for major releases (not for bug-fixes etc obviously). After all, you don't buy a book and then when a completely updated and revised edition comes out four years later stand there in the bookshop (or Kindle download store) expecting your free new copy. Or "I bought the VHS tape, why can't I now have a free BluRay copy?". ;)

Andre

You can't compare apps to books or CDs, you should be comparing apps to apps that's why i mentioned Nova launcher. There's a reason why it's the top Android launcher app and that's cause of the functionality and support. 

The model for which apps are sold on mobile platforms is a lot different from even desktop and laptop computers and they're even starting to take notice and adopt those model. Even Microsoft which has traditionally sold newer versions of its operating system is selling your a one time licence and updating it continuously.  Even Kanye took a continously updated approach with his last album "The Life of Pablo". 

I bought Poweramp about 3 years ago and within that period, i haven't gotten one major update and that's this current alpha. 

33 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Whats wrong? MS Office is more complex project and it has a much higher price. We compare paid model, not functionality.

Can't compare Camrys with Aventadors. MS Office is vast productivity software suite with a collection of softwares. Poweramp on the otherhand is a viewer or player, even Microsoft would let you view MS Office suite files at no charge.  Your comparison is apples and oranges, there are a ton of other apps on the Play Store that can be used to better illustrate your point. 

I don't believe that Max has any intention of charging for new versions of PA in the foreseeable future,

That might be so....but i remember it that at the time i bought the Poweramp unlocker (directly from the site) 5-6 years ago it said that it checks every 3 months if the license is still valid (that is something it still does), with an activation limit of (i believe) 12.....so in theory you could have used pa for around 3 years before buying it again.

On 26.6.2017 at 11:44 AM, andrewilley said:

The trial version is not feature limited at all, only time limited. Same applied with the main release and the alpha-test releases.

To see if your device is supported for high-rez, go into Settings > Audio > Output. If you see an option for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" select that and activate that mode for Wired Headset/AUX. Note: if you are using an Android 7 device, make sure you are using build 704 of Poweramp v3.

Andre

How do I download this? In Google play?

Do you know if they support Kirin?

22 hours ago, clever_man said:

@Wolfpig, once I was ask Max about paid for v3 and he answered that v3 will be free for all who already bought license.

I know.

And what i wrote with the licenses probably got dropped a few years back.....but in itself it would nothing have to do with getting updates for the app or not ;)

On 6/25/2017 at 8:34 PM, martinkem said:

What's wrong with you people and this "entitlement" nonsense. I paid for an app, i didn't get it for free, I deserve to get updates to that app. Other developers who update their apps more than once in two years, do they've two heads?  

Go get your Poweramp from those developers then. Sheesh. Let's see them do even half as well as Max does.

There is one serious contender on the Play Store right now. It's called Gonemad.

Edited by andrewilley
Personal comment removed

4 hours ago, quirK said:

Go get your Poweramp from those developers then. Sheesh. Let's see them do even half as well as Max does.

There is one serious contender on the Play Store right now. It's called Gonemad.

Out of curiosity I checked what kind of player this is ... It does not even wash to Poweramp, not intuitive and does not have the visualization of sound quality itself. The only thing cool is the ability to change the theme color ...

5 hours ago, quirK said:

Get it from those  developers, why are you acting butt hurt? if you are fine with Poweramp as it is you obviously shouldn't be here. 

GoneMad? Seriously, man.. You're missing the plot here. A lot of people voted for material design as the feature they want the most and you lot don't quite get it. Besides the fact that it looks like an app from the Gingerbread era, Poweramp isn't intuitive enough, it requires a lot more taps than others. That's what needs fixing otherwise the app is pretty much perfect. 

3 hours ago, rafas92 said:

Out of curiosity I checked what kind of player this is ... It does not even wash to Poweramp, not intuitive and does not have the visualization of sound quality itself. The only thing cool is the ability to change the theme color ...

But but but... it updates more frequently!!!1!

3 hours ago, quirK said:

But but but... it updates more frequently!!!1!

And there is NeutronMP that has much better sound, especially dynamic range, better eq, and it updates even more frequently, supports network music sources, and if you ask developer about anything, he will answer you within 24 h.

7 hours ago, Volume said:

And there is NeutronMP that has much better sound, especially dynamic range, better eq, and it updates even more frequently, supports network music sources, and if you ask developer about anything, he will answer you within 24 h.

It looks cool, but I don't know how to use it ;-; complex

8 hours ago, Volume said:

Yeah but the interface looks like it was designed by satan himself. Couldn't even figure out how to change the album art.

23 hours ago, Danke said:

How do I download this? In Google play?

Do you know if they support Kirin?

It's in google play. My Honor 8 (kirin 950) does not support 24 bit output yet. I hope it gets added in the full release if that ever comes out. 

On 2017-6-26 at 5:44 PM, andrewilley said:

The trial version is not feature limited at all, only time limited. Same applied with the main release and the alpha-test releases.

To see if your device is supported for high-rez, go into Settings > Audio > Output. If you see an option for "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" select that and activate that mode for Wired Headset/AUX. Note: if you are using an Android 7 device, make sure you are using build 704 of Poweramp v3.

Andre

Unfortunately, I can't using the Hi-Res Output when I am using Android 7.1 and Alpha build 704 of Poweramp v3 already, so i am waiting for the beta version. 

On 6/27/2017 at 6:14 PM, quirK said:

Does it support high res output? So far the only other player to support for no resampling/high res output is Neplayer, but that one is 20 euro for the full version and has nowhere near as much options as Poweramp