Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

I'm going to say what no one else does.  This app has been in beta for what seems like close to 2 years when are you going to get this done I know it's not important but I'm going to say it anyways I?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've said before, the next beta build will be released when it is ready and working. And it seems that could be next week, next month, or even next year.

I'm sure there would be a lot more complaints if Max simply released something now to placate the whingers in the full knowledge that it was broken.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As I've said before, the next beta build will be released when it is ready and working. And it seems that could be next week, next month, or even next year.

I'm sure there would be a lot more complaints if Max simply released something now to placate the whingers in the full knowledge that it was broken.

Andre

Probably, but I'm sure a few screenshots coming from Max would be really appreciated by the community.

1 minute ago, SatriaPerdana said:

I actually don't mind if I should pay again for the new Poweramp,  it's started from scratch after all. 

What I can't actually spend more is time. 

Why anybody think that v3 will be paid? Max clearly said that it will be free for those who have already bought! I don't understand why it needed to discuss..

46 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Why anybody think that v3 will be paid?

I think the point being made there was that some users would actually be happy to pay again, if that was a better incentive to get v3 released sooner rather than later. I don't think financial incentive is the issue though, it's just making sure that whatever is released is finished enough to actually work for all users. 

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the point being made there was that some users would actually be happy to pay again, if that was a better incentive to get v3 released sooner rather than later. I don't think financial incentive is the issue though, it's just making sure that whatever is released is finished enough to actually work for all users. 

Andre

No, users like me wanted to pay again because Max is building the app from scratch. I am still wondering why you never asked Max if he can at least put a donation link.

I could just delete the app from my account, I just like seeing my date of purchase. Only reason I chose not to do that.

I think that for all those who are impatient for a new version comes a delay more, since google wants the developers to publish their Apps in Google Play adapted to API 26, as the launch of android 8 is less than a month.
I hope I'm wrong and that the new version of Poweramp is already implemented under API 26.

8 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I don't understand the impatience at all. I been using it and it runs just fine without problems for an Alpha stage. I can't really tell if it is in beta or not. It runs fine for me, and I am willing to just wait it out. I for one would go back to BlackPlayer EX if they made a separate charge for the new version. One v2 is way out of date, and the reason is to use v3 but willing to wait out for the release because it runs perfectly fine for me right now.

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

12 hours ago, jl91569 said:

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

I'm on Android o and Poweramp works fine.

29 minutes ago, Arrive said:

When will the new version be released?

As it says in the thread title, please read the first post:

On 3/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, andrewilley said:

It's not quite ready to be released for open testing yet, and it's very hard to predict the exact development time. Requests for ETAs are pointless, and will not make it happen any quicker!

Andre

Archived