Jump to content
Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

Recommended Posts

I'm going to say what no one else does.  This app has been in beta for what seems like close to 2 years when are you going to get this done I know it's not important but I'm going to say it anyways I?

Edited by andrewilley
Profanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said before, the next beta build will be released when it is ready and working. And it seems that could be next week, next month, or even next year.

I'm sure there would be a lot more complaints if Max simply released something now to placate the whingers in the full knowledge that it was broken.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As I've said before, the next beta build will be released when it is ready and working. And it seems that could be next week, next month, or even next year.

I'm sure there would be a lot more complaints if Max simply released something now to placate the whingers in the full knowledge that it was broken.

Andre

Probably, but I'm sure a few screenshots coming from Max would be really appreciated by the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please kindly give information about wether the project will be released next month or not, it'll help me decide wether I should buy neutron player or not. 

Well just to give my mind, if there's no info and prove ppl will lose its trust. 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't mind if I should pay again for the new Poweramp,  it's started from scratch after all. 

What I can't actually spend more is time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SatriaPerdana said:

I actually don't mind if I should pay again for the new Poweramp,  it's started from scratch after all. 

What I can't actually spend more is time. 

Why anybody think that v3 will be paid? Max clearly said that it will be free for those who have already bought! I don't understand why it needed to discuss..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Why anybody think that v3 will be paid?

I think the point being made there was that some users would actually be happy to pay again, if that was a better incentive to get v3 released sooner rather than later. I don't think financial incentive is the issue though, it's just making sure that whatever is released is finished enough to actually work for all users. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@andrewilley, I'm understad that but another users reading it and posts "I don't want to buy it, I already paid!" again and again. Maybe meant it in first post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Maybe meant it in first post?

Good idea. Done.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the point being made there was that some users would actually be happy to pay again, if that was a better incentive to get v3 released sooner rather than later. I don't think financial incentive is the issue though, it's just making sure that whatever is released is finished enough to actually work for all users. 

Andre

No, users like me wanted to pay again because Max is building the app from scratch. I am still wondering why you never asked Max if he can at least put a donation link.

I could just delete the app from my account, I just like seeing my date of purchase. Only reason I chose not to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't understand why asking for eta isn't forbidden in a forum/thread like this. 

Leave him work on it. 

 

If you don't like waiting for it just pay another app if you think it really worths. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rocketval said:

I really don't understand why asking for eta isn't forbidden in a forum/thread like this. 

Leave him work on it. 

I think people just want to remind we still care about the app 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that for all those who are impatient for a new version comes a delay more, since google wants the developers to publish their Apps in Google Play adapted to API 26, as the launch of android 8 is less than a month.
I hope I'm wrong and that the new version of Poweramp is already implemented under API 26.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I don't understand the impatience at all. I been using it and it runs just fine without problems for an Alpha stage. I can't really tell if it is in beta or not. It runs fine for me, and I am willing to just wait it out. I for one would go back to BlackPlayer EX if they made a separate charge for the new version. One v2 is way out of date, and the reason is to use v3 but willing to wait out for the release because it runs perfectly fine for me right now.

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jl91569 said:

Poweramp is the only reason I'm not upgrading my phone to Android Nougat. I don't want to risk it breaking when it's working on Marshmallow, so I'm stuck with security updates from December of 2016.

I'm on Android o and Poweramp works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pauldamo said:

I'm on Android o and Poweramp works fine.

Does the hi-res output still work in O?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this new version going show the total length(time) of the albums-lists, folders?, we have? Thats an old asked feature. Ok counting the time of the lists would be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

何时有新版本发布呢?703过去非常长时间了!

 

When will the new version be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Arrive said:

When will the new version be released?

 

As it says in the thread title, please read the first post:

On 3/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, andrewilley said:

It's not quite ready to be released for open testing yet, and it's very hard to predict the exact development time. Requests for ETAs are pointless, and will not make it happen any quicker!

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Seymur993 said:

Yo, Andre, my man, maybe it's time for the next info update from the mighty max? 

Read first post: Requests for ETAs are pointless, and will not make it happen any quicker!

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Read first post: Requests for ETAs are pointless, and will not make it happen any quicker!

Andre

That was hardly an ETA request, just a request for an update, which would be nice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...