maxmp

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/18/2020 at 9:54 PM, Akash Ahmed said:

pls make a video.  how to active this equalizer

@Akash AhmedLet me explain you in very simple manner because in beginning I was also confused 😃. Let's say you are using Spotify for listening music but you will not have the bass and powerful music experience which MX player provides. Now if you use Equalizer app,  you all audio or music app will be amplified via this app. So even if you are using different app other than Mx player you will still enjoy the same music and bass experience. I hope this helps

Edited by Pankajk5

9 minutes ago, Pankajk5 said:

but you will not have the bass and powerful music experience which MX player provides [...] So even if you are using different app other than Mx player you will still enjoy the same music and bass experience. I hope this helps

Not sure that does help much, as you keep discussing MX Player which is a great Android video player app, but as far as I know has nothing to do with this thread.

Andre

19 hours ago, QuantumZazzy said:

I am actually having a problem where my YouTube Vanced won't show up at all as a "Known Player" on my S20 Ultra, do you have a known fix for this?

The Equaliser was designed to operate with apps that specifically allow external sound modification in their code, but there is also a slightly tweaky method (which doesn't need root) to override this and provide support for some apps that don't do this.

Have you enabled the extra permissions in PA-EQ Settings > Equalizer > Advancer Player Tracking? This also involves running a simple command-line instruction in ADB on your connected computer (if you don't have ADB installed on your computer see https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/😞

C:\WINDOWS\system32> adb devices
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully
List of devices attached
R58M471DJAX     unauthorized

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

As shown by the error above, your phone may ask for permission the first time you do that:
image.png

After allowing on your phone, try again:

C:\WINDOWS\system32> adb devices
List of devices attached
R58M471DJAX     device

C:\WINDOWS\system32> adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.equalizer android.permission.DUMP

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Then you can then enable the feature on your phone via PA-EQ Settings > Equalizer > Advancer Player Tracking:
image.png

Clicking on Notification Listener Permissions in the above screen will take you to the following Android screen so you can enable access for the PA-EQ app:
image.png

After all that is done, play something in YouTube Vanced and you should then see it as selectable in the Known Players list:
image.png

Andre

@maxmp Awesome

On 11/11/2020 at 5:07 AM, maxmp said:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Poweramp Equalizer is an advanced audio processing app based on Poweramp player with many features and options from the original app

Admin Notes / FAQs : Poweramp Equalizer ONLY works on Android 9+ (Android 10+ recommended) as it requires features that were only recently added to Android. Support for external equaliser access needs to have already been implemented by the external audio-playing app - and even if an app supports external equalisation, it may need to be enabled within that player's settings (more info).

• Equalizer Engine
    • Poweramp-based equalizer
    • configurable number of bands:
      • fixed 5/8/10/12/15/16/24/31/32
      • or custom 5-32 with configurable start/end frequencies
      • +/-15dB
    • powerful Bass/Treble tone controls
    • preamp
    • built-in and user-defined presets
      • presets can be assigned per specific device
      • preset autosaving
    • limiter and compressor
    • balance
    • Poweramp DVC mode for the highest possible equalization range and non-DVC mode supported globally and per player app
    • most 3rd party player/streaming apps supported
      In some cases, equalizer should be enabled in the player app settings
  • UI:
    • Poweramp-based UI
    • visualizations
      • .milk presets and spectrums are supported
      • Poweramp 3rd party preset packs are supported too
    • configurable notifications
    • Poweramp 3rd party skins are supported
    • configurable Light and Dark skins included
  • Utilities:
    • auto-resume on headset/Bluetooth connection
    • volume keys controlled resume/pause/track change
      Track change requires extra permission
  • Known issues:
    • on Samsungs, Hi-Res track playback (for example in Samsung Player) can't be detected, causing bands frequency shift
    • YouTube Music is currently buggy with equalizer audio sessions, some workaround may be possible with "Don't play music videos" option

peq-1.jpgcompr.jpgaudioinfo-1.jpg

vis-1.jpgsettings.jpgsettings-equ.jpg

Edited by andrewilley
Profanity removed

On 12/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, Makale_Helvetia said:

Will we get another beta for the equalizer? For me everything is working OK. No issues at all.. Or final/paid version is around the corner? 

i'm asking the same question second time but could not get an answer yet. Are we only able to report bugs and feature requests? for me no issues at all on oneplus 7t but i wonder when we will receive the final/paid version or one more beta to go..thank you very much

3 hours ago, Makale_Helvetia said:

Are we only able to report bugs and feature requests? 

Yes, please report any bugs and suggest features, that's what this forum is for.

There will always be updates for any active app, so even when a general release occurs (v1.0 if you like) don't be surprised if there are more updates - beta or otherwise - fairly soon after.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, please report any bugs and suggest features, that's what this forum is for.

There will always be updates for any active app, so even when a general release occurs (v1.0 if you like) don't be surprised if there are more updates - beta or otherwise - fairly soon after.

Andre

44 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Makale_Helvetia there will be a "final" release in January'21. It's not a "final" final, as development continues, of course. Thanks!

thank you very much,both of you. and i hope it's price is lower than Poweramp :) a few bucks less.

and by the way do we have to give permission again to find music players on paid version?

or is it just a workaround on beta stage

5 hours ago, Makale_Helvetia said:

thank you very much,both of you. and i hope it's price is lower than Poweramp :) a few bucks less.

and by the way do we have to give permission again to find music players on paid version?

or is it just a workaround on beta stage

Permissions granting from adb is the only shore for non rooted phones. Frankly I don't mind it, maybe some polishing around how it tracks audio sessions (many dead sessions reported alive)

I'm not a dev here, this is only my two cents.