Poweramp Build 817

maxmp

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Samsungs @ Pie and Hi-Res output:
For wired 3.5 it works this way:
- DVC works only via Hi-Res output for standard resolution (16bit/48khz)
- Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) works via Hi-Res output, but without DVC
- normal outputs DVC is completely broken in ROM - makes normal outputs not usable on Samsung Pie variant (actually this is tested by Google Compatibility tests, so that's weird)

Bluetooth/USB: it works fine with Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) and DVC.

Basically this means you always use Hi-Res output plugin in Poweramp, it just plays standard resolution (with DVC) or Hi-Res (with DVC for BT/USB, no DVC for wired 3.5).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not available via nomal Play store update yet  ... but the list of new features already shows :

• Android Auto support
• improved support for Google Assistant
• improved support for all other apps utilizing MediaSession/MediaBrowser Android APIs
• new Misc / Android Auto options
• List Options / List - Compact zoom level for Artists, Composers, Genres, Playlists
• List Options / By shuffle order for tracks
• playlist widget with shuffle option
• clickable links in Info/Tags, Audio Info
• Samsung @ Pie support
• better support for some broken mp3 tags
• bug fixes and stability improvements

31 minutes ago, Darrenjfwalsh1701 said:

It still says only 16 bit and 44 khz on my s9+ on Bluetooth running pie , am I missing something, and the sound is crackling too, what can I do

provide more info, e.g. screenshot of audio info, plugin settings, dvc settings, etc

46 minutes ago, blaubär said:

List Options / By shuffle order for tracks

So that means : when not shuffling order by track#, when shuffled show as shuffled ?

EDIT : no, it doesn't ! when not shuffling it does NOT order by track# ... but as would be when shuffled ?

1 hour ago, blaubär said:

provide more info, e.g. screenshot of audio info, plugin settings, dvc settings, etc

I already posted in other thread, the sound is broken for note 9 too. Will quite myself: 

"  @maxmp @andrewilley The new version doesn't fix the note 9 @ android pie. The wired hi-res output is playing at 16bit/48kHz no matter what I do, if I turn off DVC it will auto switch to the normal audio output even when hi-res is selected and staying selected but not active, if I change the frequency to 44kHz or up it will also not change anything on the output and stay at 16bit/48kHz (and as I said, DVC off means directly switching to the standard output, as in the changelog is stated that DVC should be off for up than 48kHz. I am listening to 44kHz normally tho), dolby on/off is changing the sound too as before - no matter if it's the standard output or the hi-res @ 16bit/48kHz. That should be all, if you need more info I will gladly provide it. The phone is stock exynos note 9."

hi! I have a problem after this update. edit: same as the person above me 😅 My hi-res output info before this update was 192khz, 32bit, but after this update it only stays at 16-bit 48khz, no matter what setting I choose... I attached screenshots. I use an S9+ Exynos on pie (Jan update).

appreciate your help

Screenshot_20190123-100235_Poweramp~01.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-100141_Poweramp~01.jpg

Screenshot_20190123-100156_Poweramp~01.jpg

2 minutes ago, blaubär said:

You could try a full rescan.

Definitely a good idea, and it is suggested in the release notes. Max says he has done some work in the tag reading code to make it more compatible with some of the strangers formats out there in the wild, but any change can have unexpected consequences.

Andre

Just now, andrewilley said:

Definitely a good idea, and it is suggested in the release notes. Max says he has done some work in the tag reading code to make it more compatible with some of the strangers formats out there in the wild, but any change can have unexpected consequences.

Andre

Yeah true. I actually deleted the album art cache, did not work. Then I tried the full re-scan. It did not work either.

1 hour ago, blaubär said:

So that means : when not shuffling order by track#, when shuffled show as shuffled ?

I can't quite work out what this is for either. I assume it's in response to the user requests for some way to see the planned upcoming shuffle order, but I can't see how that would work in any of the category>songs views as shuffle can span across multiple categories.

Andre

1 minute ago, Sierrarohan said:

Yeah true. I actually deleted the album art cache, did not work. Then I tried the full re-scan. It did not work either.

Is the artwork that is missing embedded within files (using ID3 tagging) or separately downloaded? Have you tried adjusting any of the preference options in Settings > Album Art ?

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Is the artwork that is missing embedded within files (using ID3 tagging) or separately downloaded? Have you tried adjusting any of the preference options in Settings > Album Art ?

Andre

The embedded album art is missing, that is the problem. If we go to Info/Tags, it shows 'No Embedded Album Art' whereas it is actually embedded. I use mp3tag on my desktop to tag every audio file I have. If i browse the song using stock player, it displays it correctly.

3 minutes ago, Sierrarohan said:

The embedded album art is missing, that is the problem. If we go to Info/Tags, it shows 'No Embedded Album Art' whereas it is actually embedded. I use mp3tag on my desktop to tag every audio file I have. If i browse the song using stock player, it displays it correctly.

Sounds like this could be an unintended consequence of the mods that Max put in place to the tag reading code. Try removing all tags from a test file, save, and then rebuild them cleanly and see if that makes a difference. If that does not work, please could you upload a sample file which worked before and now fails.

Andre

17 minutes ago, Sierrarohan said:

And here. Tried all of the above plus cleared app cache through phone settings. Checked all album art settings but nowt. They were all working with 816 ….. Not all have disappeared, but about 1/3rd ….

14 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sounds like this could be an unintended consequence of the mods that Max put in place to the tag reading code. Try removing all tags from a test file, save, and then rebuild them cleanly and see if that makes a difference. If that does not work, please could you upload a sample file which worked before and now fails.

Andre

Yes, I tried it just now. It did not work. I am uploading two sample files and screenshots of my stock player  which shows the album art correctly. Thing is, the problem is with the album art only, not other tags like Artist Name, Title, Album etc.

Kylie Minogue-Can't Get You Out of My Head (Extended Mix).mp3

Emma Hewitt-Rewind (Mikkas Remix).mp3

Stock - Can't Get You Out Of My Head.png

Poweramp - Can't Get You Out Of My Head.png

Stock - Rewind (Mikkas Remix).png

Poweramp - Rewind (Mikkas Remix).png

Archived