Poweramp Build 817

maxmp

6 minutes ago, dvhttn said:

And here. Tried all of the above plus cleared app cache through phone settings. Checked all album art settings but nowt. They were all working with 816 ….. Not all have disappeared, but about 1/3rd ….

Yes. If you can check and confirm that the missing album arts, are all MP3 files, that would be great. Because for me, .m4a i.e. AAC have no issue.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, maxmp said:

I loved this update, thanks especially for the clickable links in info / tags, I had already suggested something similar but you went beyond and implemented this function in a beautiful and useful way without taking up too much space on the dialog screen and I really loved this function, now to be perfect, still missing a way to stream songs via Chromecast / DLNA, thanks for the effort!

I am also facing the same issue that others have posted. The album artwork only for a few MP3 files is missing and it's only related to Poweramp. Other players show the artwork correctly as before did Poweramp. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note9 with Android 8.1.

I've checked those two sample music files, and I get the same issue of no artwork visible (and using Menu>Album Art does not show anything as embedded either). However if I simply re-save the files in TagScanner (which would just write the same tag content back freshly) they work. Something is obviously not being picked up properly in the original files, so hopefully @maxmp can find out what's happening.

Andre

A bug I have is if I have android auto open on my phone and go to PA in music section then close android auto and open PA, it has reverted to the default light skin,even though I was using a 3rd party skin,if I have the default dark skin selected it will stay on that even after I exit android auto,its the third party skins that are not staying applied.,so it seems for now I have to use the default dark skin.i tried the always reload skin setting and that doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Sierrarohan said:

Yes. If you can check and confirm that the missing album arts, are all MP3 files, that would be great. Because for me, .m4a i.e. AAC have no issue.

Should have said but yes, they are all mp3 files. I use no other type of audio file on my phone. And as I said, all my album art worked on 816, plus it works with other music players on the phone and players on the PC. Oh, all of my album art is embedded in each song, jpg files which have a resolution of 1000x1000.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I've checked those two sample music files, and I get the same issue of no artwork visible (and using Menu>Album Art does not show anything as embedded either). However if I simply re-save the files in TagScanner (which would just write the same tag content back freshly) they work. Something is obviously not being picked up properly in the original files, so hopefully @maxmp can find out what's happening.

Andre

Yeah, thanks mate.

If any additional files or info is required, let me know.

6 hours ago, Darrenjfwalsh1701 said:

It still says only 16 bit and 44 khz on my s9+ on Bluetooth running pie , am I missing something, and the sound is crackling too, what can I do

try turning DVC off, it helped with my output. I had the same problem and now I get 24 bit and 192khz output, though I'd rather prefer having DVC on... 😥

3 minutes ago, ░▒▓█ クリス █▓▒░ said:

try turning DVC off, it helped with my output. I had the same problem and now I get 24 bit and 192khz output, though I'd rather prefer having DVC on... 😥

For me when I turn it off the output is instantly switched over to the opensl es output (active) even tho it doesn't even switch off the hi-res output ON switch in the selection (wired/bluetooth/etc), but inside of hi-res wired there is no info for current frequency/bit rate as it's not really playing via it as stated at the start (active is opensl es). With dvc on I only get 16/48kHz that cannot be changed no matter what I try (turning on/off, changing settings, restore defaults, etc.). So for the exynos note 9 this is not working and I can't get any hi-res output sound (the 16/48kHz is also clearly processed by samsung audio software as all the equalizer settings and dolby - changes the sound).

2 hours ago, JoSphere said:

What happen to my music library? The album covers and tags are gone in this new update. Is it a bug in version 817? In my stock player it is visible to see the album covers and tags. :(

Thanks for the report - issue with some embedded covers not recognized in mp3 fixed for next build.

8 hours ago, Darrenjfwalsh1701 said:

It still says only 16 bit and 44 khz on my s9+ on Bluetooth running pie , am I missing something, and the sound is crackling too, what can I do

- reset Audio Outputs to defaults in Poweramp
- ensure you have LDAC enabled and actually supported. If you enabled LDAC and it still shows 44.1/16 - then your phone/device combination doesn't work in LDAC mode at that moment (Poweramp shows coded in Audio Info - by long press on meta information on main screen on equalizer screen).
- crackling are from basses when Absolute Volume is enabled. Either don't ramp basses so much or disable Absolute Volume

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the report - issue with some embedded covers not recognized in mp3 fixed for next build.

Do we have to wait too long for this issue to be fixed? Or are you gonna be releasing it anytime soon? Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, blaubär said:

So that means : when not shuffling order by track#, when shuffled show as shuffled ?

EDIT : no, it doesn't ! when not shuffling it does NOT order by track# ... but as would be when shuffled ?

It follows actual sorting Poweramp uses when it shuffles songs (that's just another sorting mode internally and now it's visible to end user as well as sorting mode).

That sorting changes each time you start shuffling (e.g. change shuffle mode, or change played list when some shuffle mode enabled, etc).

2 minutes ago, Mark Ale said:

Do we have to wait too long for this issue to be fixed? Or are you gonna be releasing it anytime soon? Thanks in advance.

For my test files set it's like 1 track with no cover for 1000 files, but I can see that some users get that for like half of their tracks, so 818 build will be released today.

6 hours ago, cha0z_ said:

I already posted in other thread, the sound is broken for note 9 too. Will quite myself: 

"  @maxmp @andrewilley The new version doesn't fix the note 9 @ android pie. The wired hi-res output is playing at 16bit/48kHz no matter what I do, if I turn off DVC it will auto switch to the normal audio output even when hi-res is selected and staying selected but not active, if I change the frequency to 44kHz or up it will also not change anything on the output and stay at 16bit/48kHz (and as I said, DVC off means directly switching to the standard output, as in the changelog is stated that DVC should be off for up than 48kHz. I am listening to 44kHz normally tho), dolby on/off is changing the sound too as before - no matter if it's the standard output or the hi-res @ 16bit/48kHz. That should be all, if you need more info I will gladly provide it. The phone is stock exynos note 9."

For wired 3.5 it works this way:

- DVC works only via Hi-Res output for standard resolution
- Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) works via Hi-Res output, but without DVC
- normal outputs DVC is completely broken in ROM (actually this is tested by Google Compatibility tests, so that's weird)

As for Bluetooth/USB it works fine with Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) and DVC.

When you hit Restore Defaults in Audio Outputs settings page (or when you update to 817) all the options applied to work properly out of box.

PS Recent Samsungs don't support 44.1khz on wired 3.5. They always produce either 48khz or 192khz.

5 hours ago, Christopher Carmo said:

still missing a way to stream songs via Chromecast / DLNA, thanks for the effort!

I will post some poll regarding this for the next priority on next big features:
- casting to other devices (DNLA / Chromecast) (Note that advanced Poweramp stuff like DVC and powerful equalization/tone won't work with this)
- or cloud storages support

23 minutes ago, maxmp said:

For wired 3.5 it works this way:

- DVC works only via Hi-Res output for standard resolution
- Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) works via Hi-Res output, but without DVC
- normal outputs DVC is completely broken in ROM (actually this is tested by Google Compatibility tests, so that's weird)

As for Bluetooth/USB it works fine with Hi-Res sample frequencies (>48khz) and DVC.

When you hit Restore Defaults in Audio Outputs settings page (or when you update to 817) all the options applied to work properly out of box.

I see, so there is currently no way for me to play hi-res 24bit/44.1kHz (as that will lead to either opensl output or 16bit/48kHz)? Actually you are correct, if I select "no dvc" and put a frequency about 48kHz (88-384kHz), it plays at 24bit/88kHz-384kHz+it seems equalizer/dolby doesn't affect the sound.

Sadly, I liked to listen my music without a resampler and as for now there is no option to play 24bit/44.1kHz or for that manner even 48kHz. Thanks for the direction how to mitigate the problem as I prefer your player @ 24bit/384kHz and no DVC vs what samsung provides me with out of the box. Not because their offering is that bad when configured, but because yours is far superior.

side note: before the max was 192kHz, 384kHz is the correct max one for that DAC tho - nice on that one.

Also to comment on the samsung android 9 - it's rushed and that's super funny when we consider how many months it took them + the beta. There are a lot of other problems too and on top of that it's missing crucial features that they market with the note 9 (like the greatly improved multiwindow/multitasking functionality over google's stock android - now dead, removed from the ROM. :) ). So I am not surprised in the slightest that this is caused by them. Hope they fixed it in the future (highly unlikely) or atleast you find a way to workaround the problem better in the future.

Wow, official Android Auto support, fantastic, thank you!

I have one issue though (this includes the previous version too) on Oreo and Pie. In earlier versions and/or earlier android versions (Nougat and lower) there was an option to do "nothing" on short focus loss (e.g notifications, GPS navigation etc.). Currently I can pause the music or choose the option to lower the volume. Both are annoying for me. I set the navigation to a lower volume and it was perfectly mix onto the music. Could you bring back the old option or is this limited by the android system?

13 minutes ago, maxmp said:

I will post some poll regarding this for the next priority on next big features:
- casting to other devices (DNLA / Chromecast) (Note that advanced Poweramp stuff like DVC and powerful equalization/tone won't work with this)
- or cloud storages support

Thnx for the update Max and good to know that these two features are high on your to do list.

We'll see what the poll does. I sure hope casting will be the winner. Poweramp has always been the audioplayer for the real music fanatics. Qualitywise but also when it comes to the way it handles your library and how tweakable it is. This is based on a system with local files. 

To me it seems more logical to add casting since most people play their music with their phone, outside the house by inside as well, nowadays. Real music fanatics are more likely to have their own digital music collection. They use Poweramp, while does who like to have things quick and easy just get Spotify. I understand the success behind Spotify for sure, their approach to the art of music just isn't for me. Now, back to the Poweramp user. Personally when I'm at home, I rarely use Poweramp since it doesn't have the ability to cast. I have Chromecast audio all over the house so I have to switch to another app. Black Player for non gapless albums and Hifi Cast for gapless albums. Only for gapless since esthetically and featurewise it sucks, but handles the casting like no other app on the market. Out on the road, Poweramp is my daily driver and is my favourite of all the audioplayers I use.

Now adding Chromecast support would make Poweramp complete and this feature will really add to the philosophy behind Poweramp: being the best offline Audioplayer. How cool would it be if you could ditch every other app and have one app to rule them all.

About cloud storage, I get the need for it. I used subsonic server on my Synology with Dsub as my daily Audioplayer for years, but that was back in the day when storage was either not available or just really expensive. Nowadays most phones support SD cards and 400 GB and 512 GB cards aren't that expensive anymore. Heck, Samsung is even releasing a 1 TB phone. Just get the storage you need. I know some of us need more than 512 GB, but those phones are just around the corner. So in my humble opinion Cloudstorage fulfills a temporary need, while Chromecast support really adds to the Poweramp user experience.

Anyway, we'll see what the poll does.

Archived