Jump to content
Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

Recommended Posts

If anyone that's in contact with Max, and has any new info or anything on the progress and development whatsoever I would greatly appreciate if you could post it on here for the community and myself, we are all eager and hopeful to find out what's going on with everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, M G said:

Everybody please give up and go to Neutron like me. ;)

You still seem to be here though? Despite your only involvement in these forums being complaining about lack of final v3 and then repeatedly saying goodbye.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

If anyone that's in contact with Max, and has any new info or anything on the progress and development whatsoever I would greatly appreciate if you could post it on here for the community and myself, we are all eager and hopeful to find out what's going on with everything

@clever_man did. To recap what is known so far: the development is in progress, the UI works are underway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max should sell or whatever it is this Poweramp project to a professional company that interest in audio too. This one man project is taking too long time to wait for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crashjant said:

+

I'll have to give a -1 to your post.

8 hours ago, M G said:

Everybody please give up and go to Neutron like me. ;)

Na, just kidding. Neutron is lame!

Ewwww. If you aren't happy, then leave this fourm.

7 hours ago, crashjant said:

Neutron is lame. I love Poweramp. That's why I'm still here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You still seem to be here though? Despite your only involvement in these forums being complaining about lack of final v3 and then repeatedly saying goodbye.

Andre

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"
  - Michael Corleone, The Godfather: Part III
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently using UAPP as it has custom drivers for direct usb dac output (bypassing the android mixer) but I still come here and check for news about development.

Most people here became impatient as some ETAs were said but not fulfilled unfortunately.

As @clever_man said I don't believe Max will say anything here as the bashing just went out of control.

Just try some other players, you may find something you may like as I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flashed nougat 7.1.2 on my phone only so I could continue use Poweramp without any hiccups. (I can not stand using anything other than Poweramp, call me a fanboy or what not I'm just too familiar with it at this point.) It's been almost 2 years now regularly checking the forums and all I have gotten is fake screenshots, fake hope and disappointment. Might as well rename the project from Poweramp V3 to WinAMP 5.0. We all know what happened with WinAMP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 5:41 AM, Bencherished said:

Bad news, white skin, no no no, battery killer. 

Why the heck would you leave the screen on? It is a music player, not a stare at an app, kind of app. I hear complaints about dev on Blackplayer saying they will not update their audio engine and pay more attention to looks and features, and people in their community just keeps asking for more looks to add. I love music and would love to listen to better quality over staring at an app. If you like staring at the app, go ahead. I sure won't. I even love the way Blackplayer looks but I keep my phone asleep while listening to music.

Oh, and yes, I went back to Blackplayer EX. The issue of the license verify failed and not hearing from Max to fix it, even for popular s7 edge phone I have just pushed me back to Blackplayer EX. I would come back to Poweramp, when if any time at all that license thing gets fixed. Plus, there is a cap on installing the app too, with license. Not going to waste time to a non-responding dev, that does not want to fix it. I am not reinstalling the app every three weeks because it just keeps failing. Of course I am still responding to this thread, just to see if this beta has been released yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

I flashed nougat 7.1.2 on my phone only so I could continue use Poweramp without any hiccups. (I can not stand using anything other than Poweramp, call me a fanboy or what not I'm just too familiar with it at this point.) It's been almost 2 years now regularly checking the forums and all I have gotten is fake screenshots, fake hope and disappointment. Might as well rename the project from Poweramp V3 to WinAMP 5.0. We all know what happened with WinAMP.

They are real screenshots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.5.2017 at 3:06 PM, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

 

I like to talk directly and clearly. 

Almostst a year later and nothing happened. In 46 years of life and 7 or 8 years Android I have never experienced such a behavior. No new feedback, nothing. Poor and hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, raddacle said:

Wait... is the last build of this app almost 2 years old? Is this app dead?

I'd say that the development of this app could be called "mythic", so who knows. In a couple of decades we will tell our kids legends about the brave but unseen developer trying to adapt his music player to all the existing android versions lol. 

124861.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seymur993 said:

I'd say that the development of this app could be called "mythic", so who knows. In a couple of decades we will tell our kids legends about the brave but unseen developer trying to adapt his music player to all the existing android versions lol. 

124861.jpg

Quite a story thou shall be 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone asked this before but how exactly does Clever_man get all this really secretive information from Max when someone like Andre who's a Mod, a loyal Mod at that, doesn't get any info about development at all, does clever_man visit Max personally, are they friends, or is clever_man just Max using an anon account to put out information "on Max's behalf"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

I don't know if anyone asked this before but how exactly does Clever_man get all this really secretive information from Max when someone like Andre who's a Mod, a loyal Mod at that, doesn't get any info about development at all, does clever_man visit Max personally, are they friends, or is clever_man just Max using an anon account to put out information "on Max's behalf"

From 4pda.ru forums and by Max himself it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kado said:

From 4pda.ru forums and by Max himself it seems.

Well, Max hasn't surfaced on the 4pda forums for ages (coincidentally, here too), and has not been proactive lately in general, so is more like nagging him for more insider details, privately. This is pissing everyone off, but you can't ask for more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Quade13 said:

Well, Max hasn't surfaced on the 4pda forums for ages (coincidentally, here too), and has not been proactive lately in general, so is more like nagging him for more insider details, privately. This is pissing everyone off, but you can't ask for more. 

We can however leave poor reviews on the Play Store for really bad and unprofessional support from the developer. Which is what I'm doing. I'm sure Max is content on leaving the app up on the store for people to buy and then realize how many problems the app really has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, raddacle said:

We can however leave poor reviews on the Play Store for really bad and unprofessional support from the developer. Which is what I'm doing. I'm sure Max is content on leaving the app up on the store for people to buy and then realize how many problems the app really has. 

He most obviously knows the issues. I wouldn't look up the reviews or rating on Play Store simply because the amount of inadequate people who tend to leave such testimonials, and having a poor knack of expressing their concerns. Every now and then you'll stumble upon dozens of meaningless reviews, barring the app in question actually performs well and frequently updated. It's just silly people. 

Not to mention the majority of this crowd has no idea that the release date of next PA build is postponed indefinitely, and there are incurring discussions taking place all around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

I don't know if anyone asked this before but how exactly does Clever_man get all this really secretive information from Max when someone like Andre who's a Mod, a loyal Mod at that, doesn't get any info about development at all, does clever_man visit Max personally, are they friends, or is clever_man just Max using an anon account to put out information "on Max's behalf"

Both are from Russia... Work together... Andre however stays in the UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Both are from Russia... Work together... Andre however stays in the UK

He says max sends him pictures to post on the forum though, and Andre does talk to Max when he responds, through like email and such, just wondering why just clever_man gets all the details first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×