Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, krazzyvishal said:

I'm so sick of this now... 

Never expected such a delay.

FYI, inverse notification colors isn't helping it.

Screenshot_20180301-071820~01~01~01.png

Go check out the other post by clever_man  android 8.0 notification fix it will do the work for you ?

Something I've learned from music production is you'll never finish a project. Unless Max has been coding GTA 6 inside Poweramp all this time, I can't see a good reason not to release it, other than he abandoned this community, what's sad

48 minutes ago, repoflor said:

Something I've learned from music production is you'll never finish a project. Unless Max has been coding GTA 6 inside Poweramp all this time, I can't see a good reason not to release it, other than he abandoned this community, what's sad

Of course the next beta won't be finished (there will always be stuff to add) but Max wants to get to a point where all of the existing features should be properly work under the new user interface, rather than just some of them. And also that it works on certainly the majority of devices out there (Android 5.0 and up).

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Of course the next beta won't be finished (there will always be stuff to add) but Max wants to get to a point where all of the existing features should be properly work under the new user interface, rather than just some of them. And also that it works on certainly the majority of devices out there (Android 5.0 and up).

Andre

So - we talking about FINAL or BETA ?

Seems about final and Max wanna jump from ALPHA right to RELEASE.

I'm really don't understand.

Alpha is for inner testing.

Beta - for outer testing (by users).

Release - seems Max trying do this thing only by self.

---

So - please close this thread for "little" time to moment, when we will have something to talk about - please.

2 hours ago, 7OH said:

So - we talking about FINAL or BETA ?

The next release will be the first beta-test of the material design user interface, which is what is taking so long as everything needs to be functioning in the new interface, and on as many devices as possible, before unleashing it for wider testing. Max's hope is that there should not then be many issues to resolve before v3 can get to an official release stage.

As far as closing this thread, new ones will only open up. It's easier to have all of this in one place. If you don't want to read it, just unsubscribe from the thread.

Andre

On 2/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, Ameya28 said:

Go check out the other post by clever_man  android 8.0 notification fix it will do the work for you ?

What post are u talking about? The search finds nothing for "android 8.0 notification fix".

Additionally, its 8.1 where the notification controls stopped working. (not 8.0)

It seems Max is a member of Valve. 

BTW, Max should release an official fix for the notification on Android 8.0+ for v2. I honestly don't care about v3 because at its core, 2 year old PA v2 is far better than any other alternatives. An upgrade would be nice, but the notification bug should have been fixed within weeks of release of Oreo. I'm using Clever Man's patch/fix/app, and I'll be honest: using a 3rd party fix for a paid app doesn't bode well for reputation of this app and potential customers. 

UAPP (current alpha build) got internal DAC support for devices with a discreet DAC. Bit perfect output on my V30 now :-) 

Super responsive developer too.. The day it gets direct out support for Qualcomm DACs, it's going to be RIP Poweramp.. very soon.

I registered specifically to say the following:

Thank You

That in no way is meant to be snarky.
I was ready to give up on Poweramp. I had been using the x5II  and just purchased the x5iii.
I am not an early adopter and was once again frustrated at the gapless issue, as I had been some time ago..
I have no idea how you did it or why, but you now have, as far as my needs go, a virtually flawless player.
I thank you so much for this.

I tried UAPP trial. even at bit matched setting, my USB DAC still reports 48K 16bit even when i am playing a 24bit wav file.  It shows my Poweramp playlists under "Playlists (Android DB)" but they are blank. Also, a message came up saying this feature will be removed in future versions.

7 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

I tried UAPP trial. even at bit matched setting, my USB DAC still reports 48K 16bit even when i am playing a 24bit wav file.

Works fine here with flac files and S.M.S.L. iDEA dac. My dac reports pcm audio up to 32bit 192khz with blue led, from that up to 32bit 768khz with purple led and DSD audio with red led.

Try with some files from this site:

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Screenshot_20180303-144714~01.png

9 minutes ago, kymarco said:

Есть ли решение для вывода hi-res в 8.0? я увидел, что какой-то парень на 8.0 не смог его открыть.

There is. In v3 from Max which will be released together with hl3 :)

Archived