• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

1,472 posts in this topic

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus hi-res works fine! Thank you, Max! I cant open the "Artist" section and everything below it, but above like albums or folders works.

I hate to say this, but I think the old UI from build 704 was a lot better than this one.

Wait the feature complete update was for the old version? I thought it was for V3 before full release

3 hours ago, antoxa said:

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus hi-res works fine! Thank you, Max! I cant open the "Artist" section and everything below it, but above like albums or folders works.

Read the first post, it's clearly stated that most library sections aren't implemented yet. Give it some time, Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes. 

Its working good in my huawei p10 only problem is I cant seem to go to the main player screen when I open it via the widgets and it always crash when I access it via the notification bar but anyways everything works fine

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

I love it and am excited for more updates. Can I make a couple of requests/suggestions?

1. A way to quickly jump to another list/album without being on the first or last track, like we had before (a two- fingered swipe?).

2. A way to see which track out of how many on the player screen again (it's still in the notifications of course, but it was nice for me, as I almost always listen to full albums).

Thanks!

18 hours ago, zeroality said:

because even if the DAC is turned on audio is still passed through the android API and not directly via the DAC and I'm 100% sure blackplayer does the same

@andrewilley thanks .  OpenSL ES doesn't fully take advantage of the DAC though ,although only uapp does at this point . I don't expect Poweramp to support MQA lol (still have my doubts about the format) but full 32bit output in the future might be a nice extra. I use Poweramp because it still is the best sounding player on the market . 

Incorrect. The LG music app uses the quad dac. Only with root can you get 3rd party apps to use the quad dac directly. Need to edit build prop.

4 hours ago, xmorpher said:

I hate to say this, but I think the old UI from build 704 was a lot better than this one.

Simple solution, don't update past 705.

Most people like the new design.

5 hours ago, xmorpher said:

I don't and if Blackplayer actually had Poweramps audio quality, then I would switch easily. I love the new look old one is fugly to me. The album art never was placing right no matter how much you adjust the resizing.

5 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

Wait the feature complete update was for the old version? I thought it was for V3 before full release

Yeah, seems a little backwards to me too.

On 4/30/2018 at 0:36 AM, maxmp said:

Regarding release schedule - May is set as month for a feature-complete Beta release (with the all missing parts finished), and the end of May/beginning of June'18 is the final v3 release planned period. It depends on bugs and specific device issues.

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly or if the new beta with full features will be released soon, after the Alpha was updated yesterday I was confused

3 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly or if the new beta with full features will be released soon, after the Alpha was updated yesterday I was confused

The previous alpha has been updated to 705 to provide a build with all features enabled that would allow for wider testing of Max's updates / fixes to High-res Audio and Notifications. Otherwise, the 790 new-interface build is not really suitable for daily use testing as there are too many standard facilities that are not yet implemented for the new interface and 705 allows for further testing and bug reporting before the rest of the features are supported in main the 790 fork.

Andre

Only 704 alpha starts on my N7100, not working at all 705 and 790 build, simply don't start.

31 minutes ago, peeshow said:

Only 704 alpha starts on my N7100, not working at all 705 and 790 build, simply don't start.

That's a Galaxy Note II isn't it? Has that even got an official upgrade beyond KitKat? (PA v3 will need Android 5.0 or above)

Andre

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

That's a Galaxy Note II isn't it? Has that even got an official upgrade for Android 5.0 or above?

Andre

I'm on lineageOs 14.1 (android 7.1.2)

I played music in my moto e4 plus with dolby atmos.Whenever the display of the mobile foes off,The sound become choppy and scrambles,please help me.

I played music in my moto e4 plus with dolby atmos.Whenever the display of the mobile phone goes off,The sound become choppy and scrambles,please help me.

I Really love the Hi-Res output of 790 than 705. In my case huge improvement. Hope we can get a minor update atleast queue function.

Snapdragon 24-bit pcm

Screenshot_2018-05-13-18-42-18-351_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Guess I will have to deal with backwards is acceptable. Alpha is usually first, which means is before beta, and beta is just before finalizing, which is not really what is going on here, in this case. Development process alpha, then beta, then final. We are going, alpha, beta, alpha, beta, not sure if we are getting anywhere closer to final. I mean it took two weeks, just to end up with an update to alpha, instead of beta. Beta is no where closer. Just might look at Blackplayer sooner than I thought.

9 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Incorrect. The LG music app uses the quad dac. Only with root can you get 3rd party apps to use the quad dac directly. Need to edit build prop.

It stands to reason that the stock player bundled with the phone would take full advantage of its hardware , which I never denied . I simply did not see the need to mention it as it should have been obvious.

You do not need root to get 3rd party apps to use the dac directly. I should not have to do your research for you lol. USB Audio Player Pro (which I'm currently using alongside Poweramp) does take full advantage of the dac just like the stock player and is currently the only 3rd party app to support MQA. And yes, it doesn't require root. I'm not attacking you  , just pointing out obvious misinformation which might misguide others.

Also this is veering off topic so I'll stop now haha.

26 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Guess I will have to deal with backwards is acceptable. Alpha is usually first, which means is before beta, and beta is just before finalizing, which is not really what is going on here, in this case. Development process alpha, then beta, then final. We are going, alpha, beta, alpha, beta, not sure if we are getting anywhere closer to final. I mean it took two weeks, just to end up with an update to alpha, instead of beta. Beta is no where closer. Just might look at Blackplayer sooner than I thought.

But wait, i thought 790 was already perfect, for You. At least you have been pointing that out every other post to all the other "whiners" and "complainers." 

I agree that 703/704/705 certainly seem more of a beta build and 790 more of an alpha. But why now complain that Max is helping others with the 705, and threaten to leave to another player? 

3 hours ago, Freikx said:

I Really love the Hi-Res output of 790 than 705. In my case huge improvement. Hope we can get a minor update atleast queue function.

Snapdragon 24-bit pcm

Screenshot_2018-05-13-18-42-18-351_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Is this a flac file your playing?

Hi guys, I click on the cover on Poweramp widget and nothing happens, usually it brought me inside the app.. Also hi-res settings don't stick, i go back and i have to enter them again..

12 hours ago, BROKEN said:

If I remember correctly LG stopped  doing this since the V10. The dac should still work if it is enabled just not at it's fullest potential depending on the music player you are using.

26 minutes ago, misterjboogie said:

Is this a flac file your playing?

This one is a mp3 320KBPS. But most of my files are waves and flacs