Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

Poweramp-alpha-build-709-uni.apk
Poweramp-alpha-build-709-play.apk (no website purchase support, no other functional differences vs. uni version)

Build-709 (Play beta channel release):
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build-709:
• fixed some dither options causing no audio

Build-707/708:
• Android 4.3/4.4 support restored

Build-706:
Adjusted hi-res output on various devices - big thanks for the community feedback!
• Snapdragon 845 devices (e.g. Sony XZ2) - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Sony XZ/XZ1 - improved Hi-Res Output detection
• Lenovo X3 - reenabled 24bits
• OnePlus (1st edition) - disabled DVC for Hi-Res output due to forced speaker playback
• added new per-output option - No Duck - for cases when notification causes issues. Activated by default for Hi-Res output for some Snapdragon 625 devices (Asus Zenphone 3)
• HTCs @ 7.0 - improved Hi-Res Output stability
• Nexus 6P - fixed notification coloring

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't have any Hi-Res output on Axon 7 (AEX 5.5 + Ainur Sauron) nor do I have any wired headphone option in the OpenSL HD section. Music doesn't play at all as well after messing with the output settings. I've got some screen shots of what it looks like when I play music and the missing settings.

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180516-144116.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180516-143948.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180516-143939.png

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

I'm continuing the beta now :)

This is good news and keep it up.?

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Adjusted hi-res output on various devices - big thanks for the community feedback!

Max would like to know or clarify the situation with the phone Huawei P9. Specifically, this smartphone with Kirin processor is equipped with a sound chip of its own production Huawei, which is capable of playing music in the Hi-Res Audio standard 24 bit 192 kHz. And in Huawei P9 is installed just such a chip.

However, from version to version, setup and playback Hi-Res is only through USB. There is no speaker, no wired headset. What is wrong with this device? ?

This version also working flawlessly on Redmi Note 4 like the previous version but I will continue use 790 version for me it sounds better specifically the sound stage I'm getting is unreal I've never heard anything like this before it's just amazing

On my LG V10 (android 7.x) the hi-res-output fails with the build 706 or 705, just the default output (OpenSL ES Output, 16bit/48Khz) works.

Will the build 790-alpha work with the DAC-Chip (ESS 9018C2M) inside this phone?

Thank you, Angelo

3 hours ago, Sylvo said:

Hey hi res option is showing up in mi a1

But when I active it through the aux 

The aux is connected but hi res plays through the device speakers ??

Try turning DVC mode off for that output method. That solved the same problem for me in my Galaxy Note 3 Marshmallow device. Although it also seems to come and go on its own sometimes, it's not a consistent bug (on my device at least)

Andre

One thing I have noticed in 705/706 (which didn't happen in 704) is that whatever internal flag or event that Android uses to indicate that audio is currently playing, doesn't now seem to be getting set correctly.

I use an app ("PBMC Key Chains") that has a 'Music Playing' option, which is used to determine whether a given task should currently be triggered or not. With 704 I'm pretty sure that even when using High-Res output, this app correctly detected whether audio playback is taking place or not, but in 705 & 706 it cannot detect if music is playing and so does not trigger when I want it to. It works fine with PA in non High Res modes.

Andre

38 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Try turning DVC mode off for that output method. That solved the same problem for me in my Galaxy Note 3 Marshmallow device.

Andre

Thx man it works 

BTW how do u know that the audio is playing in hi res ?

4 hours ago, dantedakilla said:

I still don't have any Hi-Res output on Axon 7 (AEX 5.5 + Ainur Sauron) nor do I have any wired headphone option in the OpenSL HD section. Music doesn't play at all as well after messing with the output settings. I've got some screen shots of what it looks like when I play music and the missing settings.

I got the same issues, OnePlus One running AOSP 8.1. Also with beta 790, running dumpsys media.audio_flinger shows that the output is actually 16bit PCM. Hi res used to work in OnePlus One, Snapdragon 24bit variant.

4 hours ago, Rollers said:

Max would like to know or clarify the situation with the phone Huawei P9. Specifically, this smartphone with Kirin processor is equipped with a sound chip of its own production Huawei, which is capable of playing music in the Hi-Res Audio standard 24 bit 192 kHz. And in Huawei P9 is installed just such a chip.

Many Huaweis - they are all on Kirin - support hi-res (for example, P20 series, Honor 8 Pro). If it doesn't detect it on your device, it means something differs there. You can try to extract build.props, and any of: /etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf and PM me with them - I can take a look and compare it with the Huaweis known to produce Hi-Res on internal DAC. 

19 minutes ago, whiplash1 said:

I got the same issues, OnePlus One running AOSP 8.1. Also with beta 790, running dumpsys media.audio_flinger shows that the output is actually 16bit PCM. Hi res used to work in OnePlus One, Snapdragon 24bit variant.

As far as I can tell, (esp. based on pure AOSP) custom ROMs rarely support Hi-Res. Quite specific patches (qualcomm caf in this case) are required - per specific SOC + all the mixer, DSP, DAC configs. 

build.props, and any of: /etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf, /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf can make it a bit more clear, but even with these existing and being OK, these said patches should be in the system - as configs just don't work without appropriate code integrated into ROM.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

One thing I have noticed in 705/706 (which didn't happen in 704) is that whatever internal flag or event that Android uses to indicate that audio is currently playing, doesn't now seem to be getting set correctly.

Andre, what is the exactly device/Hi Res variant?

Archived