Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Solution: don't install a test version which clearly says it does not have Artists library view implemented yet. Instead, use either the previous 704 build or the stable v2 release.

Andre

I'm alright man, just having fun with the situation. (I already whined for real earlier in the thread)

Hi I just signed up to say I am so happy you finally released a new version 

It works great on my note 8 oreo for what I need which is quite simply HD sound for oreo. 

Nice surprise to see the UI has had a significant rethink with awesome visualisations available (n4 and trip trap are awesome) 

Really works great for a pre beta and the sound quality is spot on. I hope you release this soon on Google play and update this version from 2016 and claim your rightful place at the top of the app store with this. 

I feel like you've been inspired by the winamp features and simplicity which is great. 

Many thanks for your work. 

Hello. Thank you for the awesome work Max! As far I have nothing to complain, but I noticed that the beta has a muddy bass experience, unlike previous 704 where the bass is very crisp. I hope any modification to the sound engine could address this rather muddy bass sound. This is using the bass boost. Mine is at 65% and the difference is very noticeable between the two versions. I cannot call myself an audiophile hence i am not sure if my words addressing this bass difference is accurate or not. Thanks!

7 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

The stock player has some weaknesses. The fact that the tracks are played in alphabetical order and you can not change that makes it useless for me.

Well, that's pretty much the only reason why I have to resort using other 3rd party players such as Poweramp, because the default player's inept-ness when it comes to sorting and playback mode (effin shuffle). But then again, listening to any other player is hurting me, because it simply sounds muddy and narrow compared to the default player (if I wanted that experience, I would've bought a galaxy S7 or something instead...). I don't care about EQs and "sound-coloring" effects, I care about fidelity and HiRes neutral sound (and of course basic stuff like the ability to play songs in track/album order). 

If we can't get the the thing to work as it should with Poweramp, I'll just go with foobar. Or somehow edit the track titles of all of my songs putting the track # in front of them, which I really don't want to do. And since ZTE is pretty much dead at this point (meaning no fix for their player ever), our only hope lies with devs like Max (who based on some discussions bout the problem here probably can do something, although it might be impossible without him having the device on hand). Also, can't we reverse-engineer the apk and see how it works? Or some sort of collaboration with LineageOS's devs/dev, since they have the source codes? 

24bit Direct Hardware Output means that the audio tracks are routed directly to the AKM chips.

Yes, but the point is, it all sounds the same (and it's all worse than the def player). The magic most likely lies with the upsampling that's happening somewhere (or some clever DSP correction somewhere, but there is no difference in sound signature so probably not). And just to be clear, "SoX Resampler" is turned on. 

On 5/7/2018 at 11:40 PM, Silversmith said:

How do you know that your V30 is not using it's DAC? All audio on your V30 should be going through the quad DAC if you have it enabled. Even players without hi-fi audio output like blackplayer will use the V30's quad DAC.

because even if the DAC is turned on audio is still passed through the android API and not directly via the DAC and I'm 100% sure blackplayer does the same

@andrewilley thanks .  OpenSL ES doesn't fully take advantage of the DAC though ,although only uapp does at this point . I don't expect Poweramp to support MQA lol (still have my doubts about the format) but full 32bit output in the future might be a nice extra. I use Poweramp because it still is the best sounding player on the market . 

EDIT: Will try the new 705 alpha out today and compare . Very excited :D . Again , I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade as I'm sure many others would if it helps keep this app in development!

does anyone know how to test if my phone is really playing 24bit at 192khz???. i turned on opensl hd and the audio sounds richer though might just be something of a "placebo".. cuz my phone doesn't have a dac.. my phone is galaxy a510 on stock nougat.

Hi, everybody.
Nokia 8, Oreo 8.1.0. Full drain, as from the plant. Earphones native of a complete set. The sound crackles constantly. All other settings of a player in a drain.
Settings of a conclusion such:

Привет всем.
Nokia 8, Oreo 8.1.0. Полный сток, как с завода. Наушники родные из комплектации. Звук потрескивает постоянно. Все другие настройки плеера в стоке.

Screenshot_20180512-163311x.png

Screenshot_20180512-163323x.png

Screenshot_20180512-163511x.png

15 hours ago, perfecious said:

Well, that's pretty much the only reason why I have to resort using other 3rd party players such as Poweramp, because the default player's inept-ness when it comes to sorting and playback mode (effin shuffle). But then again, listening to any other player is hurting me, because it simply sounds muddy and narrow compared to the default player (if I wanted that experience, I would've bought a galaxy S7 or something instead...). I don't care about EQs and "sound-coloring" effects, I care about fidelity and HiRes neutral sound (and of course basic stuff like the ability to play songs in track/album order). 

If we can't get the the thing to work as it should with Poweramp, I'll just go with foobar. Or somehow edit the track titles of all of my songs putting the track # in front of them, which I really don't want to do. And since ZTE is pretty much dead at this point (meaning no fix for their player ever), our only hope lies with devs like Max (who based on some discussions bout the problem here probably can do something, although it might be impossible without him having the device on hand). Also, can't we reverse-engineer the apk and see how it works? Or some sort of collaboration with LineageOS's devs/dev, since they have the source codes? 

Yes, but the point is, it all sounds the same (and it's all worse than the def player). The magic most likely lies with the upsampling that's happening somewhere (or some clever DSP correction somewhere, but there is no difference in sound signature so probably not). And just to be clear, "SoX Resampler" is turned on. 

LineageOS is working with Ver 15.1 to bring Oreo to the AXON 7. ZTE has transmitted the necessary codes shortly before the U.S Ban came into force. I read that in OREO the ZTE STOCK PLAYER in a recent Ver. is at, overworked and more user friendly.

A little hint !!!

At APKMIRROR there is the ZTE STOCK PLAYER in Ver. 7.0. as APK. for free download.

8 hours ago, zeroality said:

because even if the DAC is turned on audio is still passed through the android API and not directly via the DAC and I'm 100% sure blackplayer does the same

@andrewilley thanks .  OpenSL ES doesn't fully take advantage of the DAC though ,although only uapp does at this point . I don't expect Poweramp to support MQA lol (still have my doubts about the format) but full 32bit output in the future might be a nice extra. I use Poweramp because it still is the best sounding player on the market . 

EDIT: Will try the new 705 alpha out today and compare . Very excited :D . Again , I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade as I'm sure many others would if it helps keep this app in development!

I know that blackplayer doesn't take full advantage of the V30 quad dac, I was trying that the quad dac is still used if it is enabled.

3 hours ago, antoxa said:

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus hi-res works fine! Thank you, Max! I cant open the "Artist" section and everything below it, but above like albums or folders works.

Read the first post, it's clearly stated that most library sections aren't implemented yet. Give it some time, Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes. 

I love it and am excited for more updates. Can I make a couple of requests/suggestions?

1. A way to quickly jump to another list/album without being on the first or last track, like we had before (a two- fingered swipe?).

2. A way to see which track out of how many on the player screen again (it's still in the notifications of course, but it was nice for me, as I almost always listen to full albums).

Thanks!

Archived