Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

5 hours ago, Leatir said:

@everybody

The future of an application with more than 50 million downloads can`t be decided by 28 people in a vote.

We need more participation :) 

Even if more people vote.....i would believe that the users in here a a lot less then the user count of people who bought it........and no, i wont vote on that as i genuinely don't care about how the coverart/text is displayed there

1 hour ago, Stevieex23 said:

Does anyone know if Max is going to be releasing the full featured beta at the end of May as well or if he's releasing it middle of May and then releasing full V3 at the end of May/beginning of June like he said?

I would guess it all depends on how much work it will be.

Better if it takes a bit longer with working functions (which should be work at that point) instead of one where still the usability is not 100%.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really Love the New Beta Preview!

I want to share some opinions and bug reports.and sorry for my poor English!

Bug Reports:

1.Can't Open any tracks Externally,Such as from any file manager,Spacially from Sd card! [Poweramp Crashes but not stopped playing untill I Click 'OK']

2.Recently Added library isn't working! along with Top rated,playlists,Genres.

3.If I Open Queue Poweramp Crashes [Poweramp Crashes but not stopped playing untill I Click 'OK']

Suggestions:

1.Track title &Track artist and album name should be transparent BG.

2.Those[Given at no. 1] Shuld be in the top.

3.★ Rating should need to bring back instead of Like & dislike button.[Because If I don't like any track I'll delete that but n't dislike that]

Screenshot_2018-05-09-02-10-12.png

If you have rooted phone, you can always check if it is working by opening any terminal emulator app, typing 'su' (to grant access) and entering 'dumpsys media.audio_flinger' and searching for audio output (headphone, speaker etc). Check sample rate and format. On these screenshots you can clearly see it works. Thought it is wonky sometimes. I hope the stability will be improved. Now as it is, any vendor build-in audio effect forces using 48k/16bit (at least on HTC 10, viper not counting) 

Screenshot_20180508-232245.png

Playback controls are completely broken on Android P Beta on my Pixel XL.  While playing a track the controls do not appear in the notification area at all.  I reverted back to 704 and the notification works and surprisingly the annoying playback control bug which was present on Oreo is no longer there on P.  So I'm sticking to 704 for time being.  Not complaining, just posting my observation.

On 5/7/2018 at 3:11 AM, andrewilley said:

I don't have anything much to test this with, as by definition if I've got any album art embedded within a song, it will be the same artwork for each track in that same album.

[Edit] Actually I just found one where some bonus tracks has different covers to the main album, and they do show differently in the Albums list.

Andre

I use bird sounds when bird watching for attracting birds.  I use a different bird picture as a cover for each species of birds for the sounds.  Will the new Poweramp still show the individual bird pictures/covers for each song?  I will be disappointed if it doesn't.  Some players do and some shows the same picture no matter what.  I use "Bird Sounds" for the album name and album artist

1 hour ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Will the new Poweramp still show the individual bird pictures/covers for each song?  

Yes, PA shows embedded cover art for each song separately. The question that was raised earlier was about using PA to manually download new album art for one song in an album. Previously only that one song's artwork would get updated, but currently in 790 it appears to automatically apply the change to all of the songs within the album. The files themselves are not changed by the way, it's only PA's local display that gets updated.

Andre 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

No idea where that is coming from on your device, that's not PA's normal icon. Are you using the stock launcher and theme? Does anyone else see this icon when using Oreo?

Andre

No... Here it's proper... I m on oreo 8.1

6 hours ago, NishantM said:

Playback controls are completely broken on Android P Beta on my Pixel XL.  While playing a track the controls do not appear in the notification area at all.  I reverted back to 704 and the notification works and surprisingly the annoying playback control bug which was present on Oreo is no longer there on P.  So I'm sticking to 704 for time being.  Not complaining, just posting my observation.

Not seeing this at all on P on my Pixel 2 XL. Everything is working as it did on O.

Screenshot_20180509-064952.png

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No idea where that is coming from on your device, that's not PA's normal icon. Are you using the stock launcher and theme? Does anyone else see this icon when using Oreo?

Andre

I'm on Oreo 8.1 using Pixel Launcher, and the icon is normal. I guess Max decided to change the icon using an adaptive icon

IMG_20180509_044807.jpg.724fc870ddb27f9adf5090ee3bc33c40.jpg

In the second capture you can see that the system does not process the layers of the icon well. (Screenshot from recents)

IMG_20180509_044835.jpg.ec576f0abf43d74431e4ec5b202732f5.jpg

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I'm using the stock launcher from emui and have tried various themes

Update: I tested a bit with rootless pixel launcher and there it was normal but when I disable the option force round icons it's the same weird icon...so it seems like Huawei has to fix this

Update 2: it seems like it is a systemsided bug bc on the Huawei p10 lite with Oreo beta it's the same weird icon too

a trivial question maybe you've already talked about it but I do not have
time to reread the whole topic:
in output, both "OpenSL HD" and "Hi-Res Output" have the wording 
24-bit 96/192 khz, only one indicates native other direct 
hardware.
what is the real difference? I know only in Hi-res's favor a sound 
a little more crystalline but just concentrating carefully

A small functionality hiccup: When on the main playing screen while playback is on (album art, etc.) and the search button below is pressed, the interface takes you to the search screen but neither the cursor is placed automatically in the search bar nor the keyboard comes up. When on the main playing screen and playback is paused, sometimes the cursor is placed in the search bar and sometimes not. The keyboard does not come up at all unless you tap into the search bar even when the cursor is in there.

4 hours ago, jaydubbs said:

Not seeing this at all on P on my Pixel 2 XL. Everything is working as it did on O.

Screenshot_20180509-064952.png

Quite strange. I tried everything from wiping data and a completely reinstalling it. Didn't help. I should probably give it one more shot.

Ok been using this beta for a while now daily..

UI issues for me (I know it's not fully featured so some points I raise might not have been included). I only really use Poweramp whilst driving and I Bluetooth to my headunit and have my phone on the dash.

As mentioned before double tap to change list has stopped, I think since Oreo, but for me this was one of the best features for my usage.

Failing that I would use the advance list button on the old player, but this has now gone.  In fact I can't even find a way to skip to next album, unless I'm just being blind.

Navigation back to albums or whatever list you have selected could be more intuitive from the play screen.. you have to go Back the scroll all the way to the top then press the button.. it just seems like a lengthy process and a nightmare whilst driving??

Can you change the time it takes to dim whilst playing? Seems awfully quick

All in all though it's looking nice more fluid, but seems less functional if you are looking to change albums quickly or at a glance.  

A driving mode would be a double bonus

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 here, running Oreo.

I've noticed the following in my limited testing:

-Navigation does not function as designed; if a track is playing, and I tap any of the bottom icons, it is impossible to navigate back to the Now Playing screen. I'm forced to hit back to get out of the app, then reopen. However, if no track is playing, I'm able to tap on the paused track at the bottom to resume.

-Tapping the playing/paused track at the bottom when in any of the other areas (EQ, search, etc) results in the track starting over, or in some cases another track by that same artist to start playing.

-The 3-dotted menu on the bottom right corner of the album art of the current track opens, but zero of the contained items function. When I tap any of them, nothing happens.

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, PA shows embedded cover art for each song separately. The question that was raised earlier was about using PA to manually download new album art for one song in an album. Previously only that one song's artwork would get updated, but currently in 790 it appears to automatically apply the change to all of the songs within the album. The files themselves are not changed by the way, it's only PA's local display that gets updated.

Andre 

Oh ok.  On the last stable version i had the same problem when manually adding a bird photo for a cover for a bird sound and it changed it for all of them.  I never could get Poweramp to quit doing that.   I even resync'ed with isyncr the sounds and tried all the settings on Poweramp and clearing downloaded album covers.  My tablet was working fine but the phone was still doing it till i got a new phone and didn't mess with the album covers for the bird sounds after that.  If Poweramp changes the covers for all of them in the album i don't know how to get it to stop doing it again.  Even if i delete the sounds and resync with isyncr it still won't let them be as they were.  I am still on 704 btw.  FYI I use iTunes to do the covers but sometimes use MP3Tag for some of my music albums.

Archived