Poweramp
maxmp

Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 pro

Rom Version: MIUI v10.0.5.0 (8.1 Oreo Based)

Chipset: Qualcomm SnapDragon 636

Device Supports both 24bit/192Khz and 32bit/384khz Hi-Res Audio Output, but for some reason it's Not Working (Audio_Policy File Attached)
kindly have a look into it.

audio_policy.conf

1. Sony Xperia X Compact

2. Android Nougat

3. In music app its showed HR logos, and in gsmarena also say 24 bit audio support

@Vexillarius thanks for the conf, but for some reason this device has no hi-res pcm formats enabled. Can you please also extract /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf and build.props? Thanks

19 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Vexillarius thanks for the conf, but for some reason this device has no hi-res pcm formats enabled. Can you please also extract /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf and build.props? Thanks

It seems I do not have access to these files, but the USB Audio Player plays files up to 192/32 without any problems through the hires output.

On 4/5/2016 at 10:25 AM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful. [Edit: on some devices this can be found in /vendor/etc/ or /system/etc/ instead]

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

Hi. Can you add support for Galaxy S9 and S9+ (G9600 and G9650 both with Snapdragon 845)?

Here the files (audio_policy_configuration.xml, USB and a2dp.)

Many thanks! 

Screenshot-20181212-115533-Settings.jpgScreenshot-20181212-115554-Poweramp.jpg

Qualcomm WCD9341 codec (i can't find the datasheet): https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wcd9341

EDIT: added audio_output_policy_conf. 😉

files_g9650.zip

audio_output_policy.conf.zip

On 12/12/2018 at 2:30 AM, Vexillarius said:

It seems I do not have access to these files, but the USB Audio Player plays files up to 192/32 without any problems through the hires output.

I'm not USB Audio Player developer, so I can't comment on this. Poweramp can play files like this too on any Android device, but to have accurate hi-res actual output, these configs should enable it (yours don't) and ROM and hardware should support it.

Poweramp specifically forbids enabling hi-res output where it's known hi-res output actually won't be produced (or there are doubts) and all you get is resampling back to normal resolution + extra battery usage. There is no point in displaying 192/24 number.

But actually your device should kind-of support it, provided that config is OK (it's not OK in the file you captured - no PCM outputs). To get build.prop you can run "adb shell getprop" if you have adb connection to the device.

@mariojuniorjp it's right on your screenshot - Salida de alta resolución OpenSL SE

Asking for Fiio x7 mk2 support again, It's audio policy has been posted here already is there anything more you require? So far non of the Poweramp builds sees any hi res output options on these dap's.

@parts why do you think it doesn't work for you? It perfectly works for my latest stock rom v10 and from your screenshots - it's available for you too.

@lantian if you can you extract (in /etc/ or /vendor/etc) audio_policy.conf, audio_output_policy.conf files from the device + build.props (as a / file or as output from "adb shell getprop"), I can try to make a custom build for that device for further testing. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@parts  miért gondolod, hogy nem működik érted? Ez tökéletesen működik a legfrissebb stock rom v10 és a screenshotok - ez elérhető az Ön számára is.

@lantian,  ha az audio_policy.conf, audio_output_policy.conf fájlt az eszközön + build.props fájlból (a / fájlként vagy "adb shell getprop" formájában exportálhatod), I megpróbálhat egy egyedi felépítést készíteni az eszközhöz további teszteléshez. Kösz!

That's why I think:

Capture+_2018-12-15-13-27-28.jpg

When I connect a headset I get this message.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@parts why do you think it doesn't work for you? It perfectly works for my latest stock rom v10 and from your screenshots - it's available for you too.

@lantian if you can you extract (in /etc/ or /vendor/etc) audio_policy.conf, audio_output_policy.conf files from the device + build.props (as a / file or as output from "adb shell getprop"), I can try to make a custom build for that device for further testing. Thanks!

Hope these are enough if you need anything more let me know.

audio_policy.conf

build.prop