Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

On 12/31/2018 at 4:08 PM, maxmp said:

@kirill_zverev check if audio.offload.disable=1 is set in your build.props (or via adb shell getprop), if so, hi-res output is explicitly disabled by Meizu for your device as well (as they did it for Meizu 16).

I've just installed new version of firmware (FlyMe 7.2.0.0A, Android 8.1.0) and there is no "audio.offload.disable" line in buildprop. Poweramp still doesn't see higher that 48 khz

build.prop

audio_policy.conf

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. FiiO X5 3rd Generation

2. Android 5.1.1 , Custom Rom (Fidelizer) Based off of Firmware v1.2.2

3. See file format support listed here and attached audio policy. Stock music app, USB Audio Player Pro, and Neutron all support its hi res playback.

When headphone cable is connected to player's unbalanced 3.5mm headphone output, output switches over to "Wired Headset/AUX" but is only active at 16bit/192kHz. When line out cable is connected to player's 3.5mm line out, output switches over to "Speaker" and reverts to OpenSL ES at 16bit/48kHz. When headphone cable is connected to player's 2.5mm balanced headphone output, it remains same as "Speaker" and uses OpenSL ES at 16bit/48kHz. Very odd! Using build 820.

build.prop

audio_policy.conf

headphone output 16 192 alt.png

headphone output 16 192.png

line output 16 48 alt.png

line output 16 48.png

balanced output 16 48 alt.png

balanced output 16 48.png

1.Xiaomi 6

2.Android9.0(pixel experience unofficial)

3.Qualcomm Snapdragon 835

Hires can work on official rom(MIUI9 with Android 8),but can't work on Android 9 (No sounds after open hires output ) Hope to solve it. The serious background noise on Xiaomi 6 without Hires supported.

Screenshot_20190307-230509.png

Screenshot_20190307-230643.png

audio_output_policy.conf

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, imperia said:

Can somebody shed some light about the problem with Hi-Res output and DVC on Samsung devices with Android Pie?

For details see the following links or search in these forums. High-Resolution-Audio-Support has been generally declared an experimental feature. Especially Samsung with Pie seems to be a problematic platform.

1.  HTC U Ultra

2.  Android 8.0.0 (Stock rom)

3.  The option of Hi-Res output for USB DAC - Sonata HD Audio is limited to maximun 24bit/96kHz (but the device is support up to 24bit/192kHz) and HTC U Ultra can also play the format FLAC 24bit/192kHz (tested)

but the sampling rate are limited by Poweramp, USB DAC Sonata HD Audio should be support up to PCM 24bit/192kHz with Cirrus Logic CS42L42 chips

will it release the restriction for support 24bit/192kHz output options??

hi, 

can i request for hi res output? 

1) Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge  (Exynos) SM-G935FD

2) Stock android ver 8.0

3) Poweramp build 820

3) copy of audio policy file:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBSZGSpo0pg2wEwBGYIhtdj1NcbD0NJy/view?usp=drivesdk (or attached) 

thanks

audio_policy.conf

Edited by HanWB
i forgot to inform the built number of my Poweramp

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 (US version with SD855 chipset), and when playing back Hi-Res FLAC I can change the sample rate (ie 96khz) but not the sample format, it's stuck at 16-bit. I'm pretty sure the S10 supports at least 96khz/24-bit.

Also, perhaps more of a feature request, is there a way to just always use the sample rate of the source file? Now whenever a sample rate is picked every file plays at that rate, which often means that a 44.1khz file is upsampled, requiring more processing power and draining the battery more quickly. It's my understanding that this is deliberate on your part as it can cause issues with gapless playback and buffering when switching between two files with different sample rates. I'd however ask you to reconsider and at least provide it as an option while warning users of some of the downsides (gapless playback typically only matters between files on the same album and those will usually have the same sample and bit rate anyway). 

The build I'm using is 823-play (full version). 

Thanks! 

Screenshot_20190324-111247_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.ee9b2f7775ee5bafd93ac90b17a4788f.jpg

4 hours ago, Starfly said:

Now whenever a sample rate is picked every file plays at that rate, which often means that a 44.1khz file is upsampled, requiring more processing power and draining the battery more quickly

My advice will be to use 48Khz or divisible rates, as Samsungs and as far as I heard majority of smartphones has only one oscillator which works with 48 Khz and it's better to upscale a bit tracks with more widespread 44.1 Khz.

18 minutes ago, NickIst said:

My advice will be to use 48Khz or divisible rates, as Samsungs and as far as I heard majority of smartphones has only one oscillator which works with 48 Khz and it's better to upscale a bit tracks with more widespread 44.1 Khz.

It does vary by device I believe, but yes in most cases the output stage will be operating at 48K, even if your source material is being presented at 44.1. So might as well let PA do its work at 48K too.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

It does vary by device I believe, but yes in most cases the output stage will be operating at 48K, even if your source material is being presented at 44.1. So might as well let PA do its work at 48K too.

Andre

OK, interesting. The S10 does have a built-in UHQ upscaler, which upsamples audio to an unspecified sample rate. Will Google a bit to see what I can find about the output stage of this phone. If indeed it's limited to 48K, then it's kind of pointless to run it at 96khz I suppose as at some point farther in the audio chain it gets downsamples again to 48khz (if I understand it correctly anyway). 

1 hour ago, Starfly said:

OK, interesting. The S10 does have a built-in UHQ upscaler, which upsamples audio to an unspecified sample rate. Will Google a bit to see what I can find about the output stage of this phone. If indeed it's limited to 48K, then it's kind of pointless to run it at 96khz I suppose as at some point farther in the audio chain it gets downsamples again to 48khz (if I understand it correctly anyway). 

No, it has higher resolution modes, it just doesn't go below 48K.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, it has higher resolution modes, it just doesn't go below 48K.

Andre

Ah, very interesting. First I've heard of a dac not going below 48khz. It's usually the opposite. Appreciate the insight. 

8 hours ago, Starfly said:

The S10 does have a built-in UHQ upscaler, which upsamples audio to an unspecified sample rate.

Another useful info. According to the findings from the post below, it's better to turn off bit/banwidth mode and to use only bit mode or to turn the UHQ completely

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/analyzing-samsung-uhq-upscaler-with-measurements-on-galaxy-note-8-exynos.873550/

4 hours ago, Starfly said:

Ah, very interesting. First I've heard of a dac not going below 48khz. It's usually the opposite. Appreciate the insight. 

The DAC hardware might, it's whether the firmware put in place by the manufacturers actually supports it though.

Andre

2 hours ago, NickIst said:

Another useful info. According to the findings from the post below, it's better to turn off bit/banwidth mode and to use only bit mode or to turn the UHQ completely

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/analyzing-samsung-uhq-upscaler-with-measurements-on-galaxy-note-8-exynos.873550/

It seems this upscaling feature belongs to "Dolby Atmos" https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080318/ 

The purpose of the bit/bandwidth mode seems to improve the music :-) : A more advanced upscaling option that will make the sound quality higher.

1. OPPO R17 pro

2. oppo modified Android 8.1

3. It use Qualcomm Snapdragon 710

Edited :

I uploaded right  audio_policy .conf file in a floder named "Updated".

Sorry for uploaded a wrong file.

USB DAC is work oddly.

My USB DAC should be 24bit 96khz.

Screenshot is in a floder named "Usb dac".

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1MY2gTaO26pTzgXo-tbGXhydkB3hwW6_H

Can i request for hi res output? 

1) Huawei p10plus (VKY-L29)

2) Emui 9 (android 9.0 stock rom)

Poweramp build 823-play

3) Before I update android. I'm use Emui 8 (android 8 stockrom) and I can use OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output.

Sorry but I don't know how to find audio policy file.

PS.Sorry for my bad English skill... T T

• 2 weeks later...