Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

7 hours ago, parts said:

I tried the 790 build and it works Hi-Res output.

Build 790 did not do much error checking if I recall correctly, and it was possible to enable high-res within Poweramp even if the device was eventually only outputting audio at CD quality. Newer versions correct that.

Andre

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2018 at 8:35 PM, Cellendril said:

Razer Phone 2 + Razer Hammerhead ANC USB-C

ROM stock - Android 8.1.0

Can get 24/96 with other players when using the Hammerhead's DAC. OpenSL works but obviously not same bitrate, etc.

Thanks! I'll test with my Sony NW-ZX300 in DAC mode later today. 

Screenshot_20181219-071544~2.png

Screenshot_20181219-071917~2.png

i have the same issue as you but using Creative Super X-fi amp/DAC instead:

On 12/18/2018 at 10:33 PM, Speedknight said:
  1. Device model- Razer Phone 2+Creative Super X-fi USB DAC/AMP(Chip: AKM AK4377 )  
  2. ROM version- Stock Rom 
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res- https://sg.sxfi.com/products/sxfi-amp

Screenshot_20181218-222412.thumb.png.1df4b5e358423693f5b8e131b801a768.pngScreenshot_20181218-220127.thumb.png.ee99410f2a811a264eecb848e60d279b.pngm90dklVHnm85ROlnyiR1b9LcQNjFjDm8fknhpUPv

If Even hammerhead won't work means the issue is with Poweramp end i guess....

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp doesn't detect anything related to BT ability to play or not hi-res (it does display codec and BT device name for information purposes though).

So if Android establishes LDAC connection and Hi-Res output is selected in Poweramp, you'll get hi-res output via BT (BTW, confirmed with output spectrum analyzing - via BTR3 device - it really plays up sample rates up to 96khz).

With the Sony Music Center app, you can prioritize Codec LDAC on WH-100XM3 headphones and on the smartphone. On the Sony Hodephones Connect app, it is possible to see which codec is selected on the headset.

On AudioTrack Output, 16Bit / 44Khz is selected on Poweramp. I can manually select sample rate of 96khz and bit per sample to 32bit on settings on deveplorer option on the smartphone.

You know, play menu (showing track name, album artwork and artist name). On output it does not show Hi-Res name. It shows AudioTrack Output 16bit / 44khz or AudioTrack Output 32bit / 96khz.

Please add support. I only see 16/44, but no 24/96 or higher.
Using the newest version. Poweramp v3.0 Build 814

1. Device model
    -->> Samsung Galaxy A710Y 2016 Model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
    -->> Custom Rom Android 6.0.1 (CF-AutoRoot)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)?
    -->> Exynos 7580 Octa, Qualcomm MSM8039 Snapdragon 615 (28 nm), and it is stated in the specs of the phone.

Thanks for the update. Poweramp is my only player for how many years now.

Thank you Poweramp. Thanks @maxmp

@Peniel Thanks for the conf, it's pretty standard qualcomm config. You should have Hi-Res support in Poweramp activated, do you have it?

On Meizu 16, hi-res audio via 3.5 (headphones/aux) output is specifically blocked by OEM (or misconfigured, but changing that requires root access).

Hi-Res via BT + LDAC works fine.