Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Vexillarius thanks for the conf, but for some reason this device has no hi-res pcm formats enabled. Can you please also extract /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf and build.props? Thanks

It seems I do not have access to these files, but the USB Audio Player plays files up to 192/32 without any problems through the hires output.

On 4/5/2016 at 10:25 AM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful. [Edit: on some devices this can be found in /vendor/etc/ or /system/etc/ instead]

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

Hi. Can you add support for Galaxy S9 and S9+ (G9600 and G9650 both with Snapdragon 845)?

Here the files (audio_policy_configuration.xml, USB and a2dp.)

Many thanks! 

Screenshot-20181212-115533-Settings.jpgScreenshot-20181212-115554-Poweramp.jpg

Qualcomm WCD9341 codec (i can't find the datasheet): https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wcd9341

EDIT: added audio_output_policy_conf. 😉

files_g9650.zip

audio_output_policy.conf.zip

On 12/12/2018 at 2:30 AM, Vexillarius said:

It seems I do not have access to these files, but the USB Audio Player plays files up to 192/32 without any problems through the hires output.

I'm not USB Audio Player developer, so I can't comment on this. Poweramp can play files like this too on any Android device, but to have accurate hi-res actual output, these configs should enable it (yours don't) and ROM and hardware should support it.

Poweramp specifically forbids enabling hi-res output where it's known hi-res output actually won't be produced (or there are doubts) and all you get is resampling back to normal resolution + extra battery usage. There is no point in displaying 192/24 number.

But actually your device should kind-of support it, provided that config is OK (it's not OK in the file you captured - no PCM outputs). To get build.prop you can run "adb shell getprop" if you have adb connection to the device.

@mariojuniorjp it's right on your screenshot - Salida de alta resolución OpenSL SE

@parts why do you think it doesn't work for you? It perfectly works for my latest stock rom v10 and from your screenshots - it's available for you too.

@lantian if you can you extract (in /etc/ or /vendor/etc) audio_policy.conf, audio_output_policy.conf files from the device + build.props (as a / file or as output from "adb shell getprop"), I can try to make a custom build for that device for further testing. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@parts  miért gondolod, hogy nem működik érted? Ez tökéletesen működik a legfrissebb stock rom v10 és a screenshotok - ez elérhető az Ön számára is.

@lantian,  ha az audio_policy.conf, audio_output_policy.conf fájlt az eszközön + build.props fájlból (a / fájlként vagy "adb shell getprop" formájában exportálhatod), I megpróbálhat egy egyedi felépítést készíteni az eszközhöz további teszteléshez. Kösz!

That's why I think:

Capture+_2018-12-15-13-27-28.jpg

When I connect a headset I get this message.

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@parts why do you think it doesn't work for you? It perfectly works for my latest stock rom v10 and from your screenshots - it's available for you too.

@lantian if you can you extract (in /etc/ or /vendor/etc) audio_policy.conf, audio_output_policy.conf files from the device + build.props (as a / file or as output from "adb shell getprop"), I can try to make a custom build for that device for further testing. Thanks!

Hope these are enough if you need anything more let me know.

audio_policy.conf

build.prop

It's strange that Poweramp does not support 32 bit/384khz on AudioTrack Out on Wired Headset/Aux (Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos). 

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus can play 24bit/192khz songs when OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output is selected on Wired Headset/Aux. But Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus selects 16bit/48khz on AudioTrack Output Wired Headset/Aux to play songs.

It's quite strange that the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has such a problem with Poweramp. The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Exynos) supports 32bit/384khz.

I have Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones that support Hi-Res 32Bit/96Khz when DSEE HX turn on.

The problem is Poweramp can not detect headsets that support Hi-Res Audio.

I think, to make it easier for the smartphone and headphones that support Hi-Res Audio. Should it be added to a list that supports Hi-Res headphones in the Poweramp app.

Poweramp doesn't detect anything related to BT ability to play or not hi-res (it does display codec and BT device name for information purposes though).

So if Android establishes LDAC connection and Hi-Res output is selected in Poweramp, you'll get hi-res output via BT (BTW, confirmed with output spectrum analyzing - via BTR3 device - it really plays up sample rates up to 96khz).

@axce666 why do you think your device support hi-res? Nothing in config file suggests that, unfortunately.

Hi-Res is particularly disabled for this device by ROM, as chipset supports it.
For Huaweis @ kirin, audio_policy.conf should contain:

direct_pcm {
        sampling_rates 44100|48000|96000|192000|384000