Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

@maxmp how about i send you a back up of my launcher settings? 

And im using a moto g100 running android 13, i don't know what you mean by dpi, is that my screen scale?

Im running the latest build of lineage 20 for micro g, ill send my back up settings on Poweramp and the launcher.

here's my Poweramp settings, my launcher settings and the launcher itself.

Maybe it helps and some screenshots of my device

Screenshot_20230319-152414_Settings.png

Screenshot_20230319-152444_Settings.png

NL_2023_03_19_15_19_11.zbk

Here's a txt file with my logs aswell

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/17/2023 at 6:05 PM, maxmp said:

Build 957:

• increased max. possible number of list items for Auto. The number is larger if "Album Art for Tracks" is disabled, but still limited to about 1700

I just checked the items shown by the upper-right 'Queue' button on my Android Auto display while playing a large album from my phone, and still only 41 songs are visible (including the currently playing one). This is the same number of songs I see in the media controller interface on my Galaxy Watch by the way. And if it's just a regular 10-15 track album, nothing upcoming beyond the end of the current album is shown - which would presumably need the extended 'Now Playing' list that we were discussing in another thread.

When viewing the Library hierarchy I do see more than the previous 400 items though. For example when scrolling through my Singles album/folder on the head-unit screen, I now see 817 out of the 1,200 or so songs (I'm guessing cover art is taking up some of the available space?). 

Andre

@andrewilley the queue size not changed, it's paged, tough (it will move to the next "page" if the list is large and track is near the end/start of the page). Others lists are now try to fill all the available space in the "transaction". Adding image link to item increases item size, so less items.

@pedrini69 thanks for the files. Tested and found no issue, but I tested just the launcher + your settings on stock Pixel Android 13. With your settings extreme launcher grid scaling is applied, but if you resize widget to be large enough, no any issues. So that should be the ROM issue.

Hello,
Since a few Updates ago, Poweramp doesn't play Flac right any more, This is an example here ->  i have an Album of 10 Flac songs in a Folder and it playes the Whole Album instead of the song i clicked on, so i wanted to ask if this is fixable, it is a bit annyoing, it wasn't like that in the older versions!.
if i need to show you pictures, i will upload them of course!
Thanks in advance!

@M4st3rFun

Are you saying that when you tap on a song somewhere in the middle of a folder/album, instead of commencing with the song you've just chosen it starts playback from the beginning of the folder/album? I can't see how that could happen - other than by using the little 'Play' icon at the top of the songs list, which is intended to do that.

Or are you saying that the song upon which you've tapped does play first, but you don't then want to then hear the rest of the songs from that folder/album? If so, change the 'Repeat' icon on the Player screen to 'Single Song' mode rather than the default 'Advance List' (which plays everything, folder by folder) or 'Repeat Off' (which plays the current folder/album and then stops).

Andre

I go into the Folder, where the Flac files are stored some with cue Files some without cue files,

I pressed just on one song and then it is playing the whole Album instead the Song i clicked on, do you know what i mean? 

it wasn't a thing in the older builds but i dont know which build it was, it happened about 1-2 Months ago

This doesn't happen to every Band/Folder i have, some works some doesn't work, i dont know how to describe it better then showing you some screenshots, maybe it is my fault not the App but i just wanted to show you and let you know maybe something has broken, if not hey, its my fault and i need to try to fix it.

Here are some screenshots Examples -> 

Screenshots_2023-03-25-04-28-11.png

Screenshots_2023-03-25-04-28-32.png

Screenshots_2023-03-25-17-27-45.png

Screenshots_2023-03-25-17-28-06.png

@M4st3rFun Looks like you are playing the whole unseparated FLAC file, not the pseudo-tracks generated by CUE data. Long-press on the cover art and select Info/Tags to see what is actually playing.

Make sure Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Show CUE Disc Image Files is turned OFF, and Settings=>Library=>Scanner=>Parse CUE Files is turned ON. Possibly also do a Full Rescan.

Andre

On 2/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, maxmp said:

@Airsculpture some firmwares allow only one direct output (artificial limitation) and that direct output can be locked/used by other player. Poweramp then obviously can't use it and fallbacks to standard definition. 

Yep.

Sold the FiiO M11 and now using the iBasso DX320. Loaded Poweramp with latest build and ALL set bit rates/sample rates are available to be selected. Whilst still have the limitation of only choosing set rates instead of auto detect, they are all back working. So it was clearly an issue with the OS/hardware on the M11.

Glad to be using the latest builds again with all their improvements when I’m not using the stock Mango player 👍

@maxmp  everytime i add new song or songs ... They show in "Recently added" list ....

But every time i add whole download album that is extracted from zip file it dosent show in "Recently added" list ... 

How to fix this ... I download lot albums and sometimes forget to listen to them so i need to know every album and songs i download recently.

52 minutes ago, Mukul Kalsait said:

But every time i add whole download album that is extracted from zip file it dosent show in "Recently added" list ... 

If you are extracting from a ZIP file, the timestamps could be older - how have you got the Recently Added list sorted? Should be set to 'By Date Added to Library' not 'By Date added/modified' (the latter uses filesystem datestamps, which is helpful if a song had already been scanned into the library in the past, and this is just a modified version).

But otherwise, it shouldn't matter where the individual song files came from, if they are newly scanned you should see the song titles in a By Date Added to Library sorted list.

Andre

1 hour ago, Mandolo5758 said:

Why can't this lyric be detected in Poweramp , but it works well in minilyric?

The LRC file says it is built for an artist named "Weekly" and with a song duration of 3'25", whereas your audio file has the artist named as "Weekly (위클리)" and it is 3'44" long, so it won't match when PA tries to validate it.

Delete the ID fields at the start of the LRC textfile, so PA doesn't try to validate them. But that song duration mismatch between the LRC content and the audio file might cause the lyrics to appear at inconsistent times if they were written for a different release of the song.

Andre

On 4/8/2023 at 12:38 AM, andrewilley said:

The LRC file says it is built for an artist named "Weekly" and with a song duration of 3'25", whereas your audio file has the artist named as "Weekly (위클리)" and it is 3'44" long, so it won't match when PA tries to validate it.

Delete the ID fields at the start of the LRC textfile, so PA doesn't try to validate them. But that song duration mismatch between the LRC content and the audio file might cause the lyrics to appear at inconsistent times if they were written for a different release of the song.

Andre

The question is "if minilyric can play it well , so why Poweramp can't play it? I think Poweramp should fix the application , because another player can play it well , while Poweramp can't detect it at all. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Mandolo5758 said:

The question is "if minilyric can play it well , so why Poweramp can't play it? I think Poweramp should fix the application , because another player can play it well , while Poweramp can't detect it at all.

In fact, technically Minilyric shouldn't show it either - well not if it has proper access to the song's metadata anyway.

The LRC file says that it is for different audio content to the MP3 file. Poweramp does detect and read the file, but its metadata validation is more sophisticated and accurate so it (correctly) rejects it is as a mismatch.

This is what is contained in the MP3 audio file's metadata. Note that Artist is named as "Weekly (위클리)" and the song's running time is 3:44" (although in fact about 15 seconds of that seems to be silent lead-out at the end, possible a ripping error?).

image.png

And this is what the LRC file says it is built for - the Artist ("ar:")is simply named as "Weekly", and the duration is meant to be 3:25

image.png

So if you remove the incorrect (or at least mismatched) information highlighted at the top of the LRC file (LRC files are plain text, and the validation information is optional) it should display fine. However if incorrect validation information is present, Poweramp will check it in order to avoid showing incorrectly synced lyrics.

In fact, the contents of this particular LRC file don't seem to match with your MP3 audio file anyway. The last words in the MP3 file are sung at about 3:29, whereas the final line of text in the LRC file is timecoded ten seconds earlier at 3:19. So yes you can force these words to be shown, but they probably won't match with what's in the song.

Andre

@maxmp Maxim, good afternoon, the last problem was solved by itself. But there is a new one. After switching to Pixel 6a, I noticed a problem. When BT headset is connect and flip through tracks from it, the covers from the media player disappear in the notification.
Build 958 from Rustore. Pixel 6a, android 13 full stock, the firmware is last.

photo_2023-04-10_18-14-46 (2).jpg

photo_2023-04-10_18-14-46.jpg

Edited by antonridd

21 hours ago, antonridd said:

@maxmp Maxim, good afternoon, the last problem was solved by itself. But there is a new one. After switching to Pixel 6a, I noticed a problem. When BT headset is connect and flip through tracks from it, the covers from the media player disappear in the notification.
Build 958 from Rustore. Pixel 6a, android 13 full stock, the firmware is last.

photo_2023-04-10_18-14-46 (2).jpg

photo_2023-04-10_18-14-46.jpg

The issue first appeared when jumping into Android 11, Don't really know the issue is related to Android itself or the Poweramp.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:52 AM, Mukul Kalsait said:

@maxmp  everytime i add new song or songs ... They show in "Recently added" list ....

How to fix this ... I download lot albums and sometimes forget to listen to them so i need to know every album and songs i download recently.

Sorry this reply is a little late...

Are you saying you'd like the "Album" to show in "Recently added" or are you saying the songs in the "Album" don't show in "Recently added?

If the former the "Recently added" will not show recently added "Albums". If you set up your folder structure so that each album is in its own folder and you create the folder with the Album name when you add the album you can get a list of your recently added albums by setting the "Folders" list option to list "By date added/modified" and check the "Reverse" check box. This way the "Folders" option will list your albums from newest to oldest.

21 hours ago, Loweaul said:

The issue first appeared when jumping into Android 11, Don't really know the issue is related to Android itself or the Poweramp.

For me, it also takes several builds in a row. Yesterday, after the security update, it began to work normally for a while, but when I turned it on today, I saw that the covers were not displayed again. Although other applications (the same Yandex Music), displays the cover in the media player without problems.

Hello everybody, since today PA is doing a strange behaviour when using Google Maps. PA always gets killed when using navigation and turning off the screen. When opening PA then again, it says that it was killed my a background activity. I have disabled MIUI Battery Save for all those apps and I have also tried the "Keep Always" functiom by PA but it doesnt help. In the past I had no problem with PA and Gmaps.

7 hours ago, Eclipse1991 said:

Hello everybody, since today PA is doing a strange behaviour when using Google Maps. PA always gets killed when using navigation and turning off the screen. When opening PA then again, it says that it was killed my a background activity. I have disabled MIUI Battery Save for all those apps and I have also tried the "Keep Always" functiom by PA but it doesnt help. In the past I had no problem with PA and Gmaps.

@Eclipse1991 You could try to turn on these two options in MIUI Setting, and Lock the App in the background, the Battery Saving Saver should be selected with the option "No Restriction"

Screenshot_2023-04-23-09-33-30-683_com.android.settings.thumb.jpg.aa231d7e9874e4638d44841fbb13d47d.jpgScreenshot_2023-04-23-09-33-23-808_com_miui.misound.thumb.jpg.744af9ddb84ade8941b4ca728d2bb388.jpg