Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, antonridd said:

@Loweaul I have it going as follows. I connect BT and switch tracks on the locked screen. The covers fly off on a regular basis like this.

@antonridd I have noticed that before, but strange things is that it won't be happening every time, like if I try to reproduce the issue step by step, it just never show up.

Someone to help me, the songs are changing in tempo, when I enter the player screen it is normal, but when I view it in folders, the tempo is altered,  This song that I'm listening to doesn't have 7 minutes and yes 4:59 minutes.Screenshot_2023-04-27-10-58-20-057_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.5d13f4da81c8f228679d330aa01bf7a5.jpg

1 hour ago, diguitar said:

Someone to help me, the songs are changing in tempo, when I enter the player screen it is normal, but when I view it in folders, the tempo is altered,  This song that I'm listening to doesn't have 7 minutes and yes 4:59 minutes.

I assume by "tempo" you mean duration (i.e. the length of the song in minutes and seconds) not the speed that it plays at?  Seems like the tag data in your MP3 file is probably wrong, as the database contents shown in Category lists is pre-read from the audio file data during the initial folder scanning process.

Andre

Hi, first post please be kind. I'm using a usb c headphone amp to rca out to dsp in my car. I have Bluetooth on to keep steering wheel controls. I see metadata on the vw screen. Music plays through the usb c to the dsp but when i change tracks from the steering wheel or radio screen, audio from PA shifts to Bluetooth and the usb is off. Changing tracks from the phone seems to work fine. How do i keep usb as the output?

Screenshot_20230507_122921_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.9b1c7ec7f5663c808e74825572b10eba.jpg

@Adam Northcutt That would be down to Android, Poweramp can't directly change the audio routing, it can only send content to the option that Android has determined as active. I think a Bluetooth connection is meant to override local device speakers or a wired headphone connection. I expect @maxmp would be able to comment further, but changing that output behaviour would need to be done at an Android level not within Poweramp. 

Andre

I tried hiby music app and my steering wheel controls do not change my phone usb out to bt outputs. I do not like the hiby interface. I don't know enough about either app or android settings to find the correction. I should probably reset PA and try again.

22 hours ago, Adam Northcutt said:

I tried hiby music app and my steering wheel controls do not change my phone usb out to bt outputs. I do not like the hiby interface. I don't know enough about either app or android settings to find the correction. I should probably reset PA and try again.

@Adam Northcutt Seems like you would want to play the music via the USB-C output and keep interacting the Music Player with Steering Wheel Control, so I would like to know if your phone has the same function in the image down here.Screenshot_2023-05-10-21-08-01-140_mark.via-edit.thumb.jpg.a9aa69cb9c7cbf44d1881f12badf9dca.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-10-21-08-15-319_mark.via-edit.thumb.jpg.a551068df270b566b9b844dd15bb1039.jpg

If you can see some function like this, which is changing the Sound Output Devices while BT is connecting with various devices.

If you do have a function like this, then try to connect your phone to the Steering Wheel Control at first, after that you plug the USB-DAC in your phone, then switch the Music Output Devices to your phone at last. I think that would might be the solution.

@andrewilley @Adam Northcutt Android system routes audio as it seems fit the current scenario. Some devices support multiple outputs (e.g. Samsung may play on BT and USB or on two BT devices), but this is non-standard extension and Poweramp is aware about one output. Poweramp can re-route its audio to Chromecast, but this is not an audio output in Android system terms as app talks to Chromecast "directly" via network (no firmware audio subsystem used for that).

From Poweramp point of view, we provide audio data to system. System then routes the data as it wants, optionally providing us with the output details (sometimes this is a lie or an incorrect info - the detecting output info parameters is a non-trivial task on Android).

Poweramp also has tweaks like "Force speaker off for Hi-Res output", but this is needed only for some (MIUI and similar) buggy firmwares and not directly related to the output routing.

@Loweaul yes i do have that option. Once i put it back where it should be, it jumps back to Bluetooth when i touch my steering wheel controls. I'll try connecting how you suggested.

@maxmp in my audio output section on PA, when the usb audio is running in my car to the dsp and amps, it shows it running through Bluetooth and not usb. I know this can't be completely accurate as there's no signal path to the dsp in the car.

Thanks for your help guys.

@Adam Northcutt So now you could only choose either using Hiby Music or connecting your car amps via BT, but actually both of them are really having no different, I mean the quality of the music, it's really no different. the quality of music is highly related to your speaker’s quality and the environment of listening.

@Adam Northcutt Just a thought, but have you tried turning off the Stereo Audio (A2DP) option in Bluetooth settings for this particular device name? That might stop Android from wanting to treat it as a valid output device when it connects. You still need AVCTP (control) data, but not A2DP or other audio profiles.

Andre

On 5/10/2023 at 2:53 PM, maxmp said:

From Poweramp point of view, we provide audio data to system. System then routes the data as it wants, optionally providing us with the output details (sometimes this is a lie or an incorrect info - the detecting output info parameters is a non-trivial task on Android).

I can vouch for that. For some time (possibly since the point when monitoring of the audio path was improved within PA?) my Output info shows that the phone is connected to my car's Bluetooth, even though the car hasn't been used for perhaps days. Looking into this recently, it actually seems significantly worse when my phone is connected to my Galaxy Watch 5 via BT (not an audio connection, just for calls and the media control app). When this happens, if I disable the watch's BT connection, PA then seem to show the correct final output information again. It doesn't always happen, but whenever the incorrect audio path is shown, disconnecting the watch fixes it.

The problem for me is rather more than cosmetic though. When listening using a wired 3.5mm headset, I have PA set to use Hi-Res 192kHz/Auto-bitdepth. But when the final Output device is incorrectly reported as my car's Bluetooth, all of the earlier processing is based on the lower Bluetooth settings. The 'Active' device in the Output menu is shown as BT too, even though the actual audio still comes out from the wired headset. The auto-assigned EQ preset is also for the car BT (i.e. flat at present).

For example, these are the results when I've got a 3.5mm wired headset plugged in and providing audio, but PA thinks my Hyundai car is the output device even though I haven't driven it since yesterday:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

When I turn off my Galaxy Watch connection, the correct audio path details are restored and the correct Wired Headset EQ Preset is applied:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Andre

@andrewilley Generally Poweramp pulls this info from the Android bluetooth stack (it's a separate system app, usually com.android.bluetooth). Unfortunately there is no any other source of truth (may be except DUMP, like in Equalizer, but it can lie too).

I'll try to polish the use case when multiple devices are attached and bluetooth connection is probably not used for audio output - thanks for the request/report.

@maxmp It's odd, Android's own BT settings page lists about ten BT paired devices, but reliably shows the only one that is currently connected as the Galaxy Watch5 (for calls only). I've just tried using some Parrot Zik BT headphones as a test, and will see if when the error state returns whether it still shows my car or the Zik headphones.

It clearly is something worth spending a bit of time on troubleshooting though, as it breaks the expected audio processing sequence completely, mis-sets the EQ Preset, etc.

Andre

A user reported that seems like there's something wrong with the Animation of Entering the Options Pages in a certain situation. but I cannot reproduce it anyway.

Video up here, see if we can find a way out. 

Device Name:Redmi Note 12 Turbo, MIUI 14.

PA in 957, same issue with No Skin.

Edited by Loweaul
Correction

@Loweaul Thanks for the report, but Poweramp uses system themes for settings, so if it's broken in the specific firmware for the specific device, there is little chance I will be able to reproduce it. Poweramp allows 3+ Settings themes, all system though - available via Look and Feel / Settings Theme, so may be switching this will help.

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Loweaul Thanks for the report, but Poweramp uses system themes for settings, so if it's broken in the specific firmware for the specific device, there is little chance I will be able to reproduce it. Poweramp allows 3+ Settings themes, all system though - available via Look and Feel / Settings Theme, so may be switching this will help.

The same issue existed when he switched to Built-in Skin, and I havd reminded him to check the Android System Settings, but turns out he didn't change any special setting in Android, so hope you could reproduce the issue somehow.

But the way, the Redmi 12T was just released in late March, so might be something to do with that.

9 hours ago, Loweaul said:

The same issue existed when he switched to Built-in Skin, and I havd reminded him to check the Android System Settings, but turns out he didn't change any special setting in Android, so hope you could reproduce the issue somehow.

But the way, the Redmi 12T was just released in late March, so might be something to do with that.

@maxmp Well... Didn't know what's the matter with it, but the issue just vanished anyway, and according to what he said, he didn't do anything about it, the issue just disappeared.

• 1 month later...

Good evening everybody, it is me again with my Poco Phones. I got my Poco F4 and a new Poco F5 Pro. Last one is working properly with hi-res + dvc without problems. The F4 does seem to have a problem with hi-res but I cant determine what the problem is. When I switch from opensl to hi-res the sound(loudness) is fine as it should be. If I switch off my headphones and put them back in the F4 via usb c adapter, it says that it still uses hi-res but the sound is less louder than before. On the F5 pro there isnt such a problem. I have the same options in both of the phones and yes I have restored the Audio Output options aswell. The f4 is officially hi-res certified but somethins is not okay here. I would appreciate some help please. Both devices use the latest xiaomi.eu Rom.

Edited by Eclipse1991