Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

@Loweaul thanks for the explanation and settings. I understand there is a minor problem problem with the animation in some rare scenario. To fix this I need to reproduce the scenario, unfortunately it's not reproducible for me.

If you can 100% reproduce it with steps, like: 1. start poweramp fresh, 2. press A, 3. press B, etc., please let me know.  May be I can catch it with your settings further using Poweramp. I can reproduce it with the "long-press-on-miniplayer" type of navigation when navigating from middle of parent list to middle of child list - so it will be fixed in the next builds (but not in the 95x release cycle). Thanks again!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@maxmp Sure, Sorry about not explaining clearly.

So these are the steps to reproduce the issue, 

1. Start the Poweramp, then tap Playlist,

2. Add a new playlist, then add some songs(more than 20 at least), then change the Layout into Grid-extra small,

3. Start a song in the playlist you added, the song you choose must be in the 3rd Line or even further.

4. Tap the Album Art to go back, and then slide the edge of your phone to go back again (or it's to tap the return key).

5. Long press the Navigation Bar, (the part with Song Name), you will see the issue at the moment you do the step 4-5.

I bought a new Realtek ALC 5686 based usb-c to 3.5mm adapter. It is detected under another player (neutron, not using the USB bypass method, just "normal" USB connection) as having 384khz/32bit capability, as is the ALC 5686 specification, but will only play at 48khz on Poweramp. Huawei P30 Pro. I think there is definitely an issue with the Huawei detection method. The old method (B942 and earlier) works fine. 

@Olympusandy sorry, but we, developers, can't understand "no luck", "doesn't work", and similar common phrases 😉Please be a bit more specific what doesn't work for you, and what do you expect to get from that at first place (expected result vs actual result).

Hi-Res + DVC is a known issue of some firmwares. (It can't be fixed in player, but often fixed in subsequent firmware updates, esp. if users complain on OEM forums). In this case please use either standard definition output (e.g. OpenSL or AudioTrack or AAudio on 48khz), or disable DVC for hi-res output only via No DVC option (this option is per output + output device).

23 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Olympusandy sorry, but we, developers, can't understand "no luck", "doesn't work", and similar common phrases 😉Please be a bit more specific what doesn't work for you, and what do you expect to get from that at first place (expected result vs actual result).

Hi-Res + DVC is a known issue of some firmwares. (It can't be fixed in player, but often fixed in subsequent firmware updates, esp. if users complain on OEM forums). In this case please use either standard definition output (e.g. OpenSL or AudioTrack or AAudio on 48khz), or disable DVC for hi-res output only via No DVC option (this option is per output + output device).

Specifically, turning off or turning on DVC for the specific output does not help. Greater than 48khz may be selected (e.g. 96khz), but the device reverts to 48hz irrespective of DVC being turned on or off. Dolby atmos is disabled. 

1 hour ago, Olympusandy said:

Specifically, turning off or turning on DVC for the specific output does not help. Greater than 48khz may be selected (e.g. 96khz), but the device reverts to 48hz irrespective of DVC being turned on or off. Dolby atmos is disabled. 

And this is on a Huawei P30 Pro using a Realtek ALC 5686 based USB-C to 3.5mm adapter as the output device.

Andre

A user form our Chinese Forum reported an issue about playing music with USB-DAC mode(USB-3.5mm adapter), the volume will go up & down automatically. 

Here's the specific description. 

So what he said it's when he use a USB-DAC based on Cirrus Logic CS43131 (MEIZI HiFi Audio), and start a random music, then the volume will increase or reduce automatically, means that he didn't turn up or turn down the volume, it just changes itself.

Meanwhile the setting was at normal, he didn't change the setting.

Device name: XiaoMi 13, MIUI 14 based on Android 13,

App version 956

@Olympusandy if Poweramp shows it works on 48khz, then most probably it works on this frequency despite player asked the higher sample rate/format. Older Poweramp builds and some other players may show the numbers you ask to set, not the numbers you actually get. Poweramp doesn’t implement the usb level drivers for usb dacs so it depends on firmware support for the usb audio which is pretty solid on the recent Androids, but some OEMs still manage to break it somehow.

49 minutes ago, Bhaveshpa said:

But Poweramp was able to output selected sample rate in 945 build, it didn't revert to 48khz ig.

Don't assume with older versions of Poweramp, that just because PA says it was sending content in high-res, that Android wasn't then sabotaging it afterwards. So all the words may have said it was high-res, but it was actually being downsampled again at the end.

Recent versions of PA do a better job of detecting what is actually reaching the analogue stage, so the Audio Info chain gives more reliable information.

Andre

5 hours ago, Bhaveshpa said:

Ohh sorry I wasn't aware of that 

Actually, 941-945 onward was meant to provide better audio path detection - so I'm not sure why it would be apparently working for you on 945, but not in 956. Are you sure 945 was working correctly with high-res for you?

Andre

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Loweaul I guess this is too much bass + Limiter and no DVC, so limiter does it work and limits.

means that I need to turn off Tone and turn on DVC Limiter, He did that just a moment, but nothing has changed, said that still doesn't work properly.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Actually, 941-945 onward was meant to provide better audio path detection - so I'm not sure why it would be apparently working for you on 945, but not in 956. Are you sure 945 was working correctly with high-res for you?

Andre

Yes, when I selected 192khz the final output shown was 192khz. Same goes for sample format I could easily switch between 24bit and 32bit on 941-945 builds

@Loweaul I specifically named Limit. If you switch Limiter Off and you can hear the distortion - that's it. Why distortion is there - the digital level goes over digital 0dB (max possible value). This is gain/amplification of some sort, starting with bass bands, preamp, replay gain preamp, and any other options which affect gains.

It may be not related to that, but Poweramp doesn't modify volume otherwise at all for usb dacs.

15 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Loweaul I specifically named Limit. If you switch Limiter Off and you can hear the distortion - that's it. Why distortion is there - the digital level goes over digital 0dB (max possible value). This is gain/amplification of some sort, starting with bass bands, preamp, replay gain preamp, and any other options which affect gains.

It may be not related to that, but Poweramp doesn't modify volume otherwise at all for usb dacs.

Alright, I got it, thanks for the reply.

@JUAN CARLOS C.V Looks like you have not assigned permission to any storage locations as yet. You need to Activate / grant access to the specific location (or locations) where your music files are saved. Use the 'Add Folder or Storage' button at the bottom to select a folder.

You can't grant access to top/root levels of storage on modern Androids, only to an existing folder (which will automatically include all its subfolders), and you can't use some system folders such as 'Download'. You can grant access to several folders if you want, but the cleanest way is to make sure all your music is stored inside subfolders of one overall folder - e.g. "My Music".

Andre

@andrewilley

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@JUAN CARLOS CVParece que aún no ha asignado permisos a ninguna ubicación de almacenamiento. Debe activar/conceder acceso a la ubicación (o ubicaciones) específicas donde se guardan sus archivos de música. Use el botón 'Agregar carpeta o almacenamiento' en la parte inferior para seleccionar una carpeta.

No puede otorgar acceso a los niveles superior/raíz de almacenamiento en Android modernos, solo a una carpeta existente (que incluirá automáticamente todas sus subcarpetas), y no puede usar algunas carpetas del sistema como 'Descargar'. Puede otorgar acceso a varias carpetas si lo desea, pero la forma más limpia es asegurarse de que toda su música esté almacenada dentro de las subcarpetas de una carpeta general, por ejemplo, "Mi música".

andré

Gracias me funciono la 1ra solucion se los agradezco mucho😁👍🏻