Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

2 minutes ago, Andrew Evenstar said:

with the default black skin or a 3rd party skin, while in song list view or even Playlist view where you can view your list of songs, the background color is changing to a blue / teal ish color sometimes randomly

You can set the background for list views and the lyrics screen, so they change to match with the current song (but somewhat muted compared to the Player Screen background so the text stays readable). These features can be disabled in Settings=>Background if you wish.

Andre

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I assume the same logic is applied to Vorbis tags for FLAC/etc - namely "UNSYNCED LYRICS" and "LYRICS" - but I've not tried it. 

I'm creating Apple LC-AAC.

Now I also tried "UNSYNCED LYRICS" - but it's not displayed as well. To me it looks like PA ONLY looks for the LYRICS tag.

I can name tags however PA wishes, I just need to know what it likes. 

Edited by Squeller

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

We'd need Max's input on that one.

Good old Apple, why use a perfectly working existing standard when you can invent a new (undocumented) one of your own.

Andre

I mean I love Apple bashing, but LC-AAC (m4a files) are literally working everywhere - best option as for "will be played back on unknown device" in lossy realm, after mp3 (and way more efficient). And PA reads its tags, so I guess you blame too soon 😁

Edited by Squeller

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Good old Apple, why use a perfectly working existing standard when you can invent a new (undocumented) one of your own.

1 hour ago, Squeller said:

I mean I love Apple bashing, but LC-AAC (m4a files) are literally working everywhere - best option as for "will be played back on unknown device" in lossy realm, after mp3 (and way more efficient). And PA reads its tags, so I guess you blame too soon 😁

Apple had nothing to do with the development of the AAC format. But it was their codec of choice when they when mainstream with the iPod. This format was likely chosen as there was some concerns at that time regarding the stigma attached to some "questionable" download practices that had a focus on the mp3 format (Napster ring any bells?). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding

But on topic - I think the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag for m4a is typically stored in the ©lyr field. @Squeller perhaps this is not working if the tag field has a space between "Unsynced" and "Lyrics" in your tags?

10 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

Apple had nothing to do with the development of the AAC format.

Not the actual audio encoding, but I think much of the container stuff (file format, tags etc) was created by them. I could be mistakenly Apple-bashing though.

Andre 

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I could be mistakenly Apple-bashing though.

It is often hard not to do this! But in this case at least we know the format and tag structure is pretty widely supported. As long as the info is in the right place most players can find it.

2 hours ago, MotleyG said:

But on topic - I think the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag for m4a is typically stored in the ©lyr field. @Squeller perhaps this is not working if the tag field has a space between "Unsynced" and "Lyrics" in your tags?

Nah, I tried all those with no success: "UNSYNCED LYRICS", "UNSYNCED_LYRICS", "UNSYNCEDLYRICS"

TBH, as for tags context, I don't understand (not enough knowledge) Maxmps reply "For mp4 Poweramp looks for "\251lyr" atom"

But what I see is, LYRICS works. I will just use this one tag and fill it with either synced or unsynced lyrics. 

Edited by Squeller

55 minutes ago, Squeller said:

But what I see is, LYRICS works. I will just use this one tag and fill it with either synced or unsynced lyrics. 

There is only one lyric field officially listed for the mp4 format, so that is the one you will have to go with. Try using a tag editor like mp3tag, it should save the lyrics to the correct location for each codec format automatically.

@Mandolo72 That LRC file uses some specific line formatting that includes timecodes in the non-standard format "<mm:ss.nn>" in the middle of lines, presumably to indicate Karaoke-style 'word-by-word' lyrics (which is not something PA supports anyway).

From build 949 onward. these mid-line timecodes are ignored when they are enclosed within square brackets "[mm:ss.nn]", so until Max gets a chance to add in some code to ignore "<" and ">" timecodes too, just do a text search-and-replace to change "<" to "[" and ">" to "]" in the files. You may need to put some spaces back in too, as they seem to have been stripped from around some words.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Mandolo72 That LRC file uses some specific line formatting that includes timecodes in the non-standard format "<mm:ss.nn>" in the middle of lines, presumably to indicate Karaoke-style 'word-by-word' lyrics (which is not something PA supports anyway).

From build 949 onward. these mid-line timecodes are ignored when they are enclosed within square brackets "[mm:ss.nn]", so until Max gets a chance to add in some code to ignore "<" and ">" timecodes too, just do a text search-and-replace to change "<" to "[" and ">" to "]" in the files. You may need to put some spaces back in too, as they seem to have been stripped from around some words.

Andre

Ok thanks for the information.I'll try to make it first on my computer by minilyric.

@Squeller what is the app/software you're using for the tagging? You're using some generalized tag names, these are not format specific, so we don't really know what is actually written into the mp4 file (you can send me example of one to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for tests).

@Mandolo72 I added filtering of these karaoke timestamps to the next build, thanks for the report/request.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@UFOGO2 more fonts like what fonts exactly? Currently 3 font sizes are supported and font is selectable for Poweramp whole UI or set by skin.

Screenshot_20230128_223939_mark_via.thumb.jpg.2e14c54679ef2772c7d4ec8c1930b781.jpg

Like this font.The font can be applied to the entire UI, except lyrics. The lyrics have always been alternative fonts, and cannot be modified

On 1/28/2023 at 1:49 PM, maxmp said:

@Squeller what is the app/software you're using for the tagging? You're using some generalized tag names, these are not format specific, so we don't really know what is actually written into the mp4 file (you can send me example of one to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for tests).

@Mandolo72

Will do. I'm using Foobar2000 with OpenLyrics plugin.

EDIT: Sent

Edited by Squeller

8 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

lrc standard vs. enhanced is pretty well described on the wiki page.

Which itself is a case in point that lyrics tagging has been developed pretty much ad hoc via different programs, there does not seem to be any one definitive spec. For example the wiki covers a lot, but it mentions word-by-word timecodes as using "<mm:ss.nn>" (whereas in the wild "[mm.ss.nn]" seems more common). And it doesn't mention repeated lines for choruses etc (by putting several timecodes at the start of a line) or use of the ID tag for [length] at all. 

Andre

I'm using version 949.

I have a problem with lyrics with many words.  The rap song I listened to was over 25 minutes long and had lyrics embedded in the file.  But this app only displays lyrics up to 14 minutes more, the rest is not displayed.  I checked the file again with minilyric software and Mp3 tag editor, the lyrics in the file are still complete.  Hope this bug can be fixed in the future.  I have attached the file in Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zoc5YPHACjiJDucTv8-CHlvki5ZKizdD

Screenshot_20230129-094019_Poweramp.jpg

20230129_094754.jpg

@minhtrong  Seems to work correctly for me, I skipped to various points all the way through the 25-minute song and the lyrics displayed correctly right up to the end (line 507) and all the appropriate lines were highlighted at the right timecodes. It also worked if I let it play continuously through the whole song.

image.png

Andre