Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@minhtrong  Seems to work correctly for me, I skipped to various points all the way through the 25-minute song and the lyrics displayed correctly right up to the end (line 507) and all the appropriate lines were highlighted at the right timecodes. It also worked if I let it play continuously through the whole song.

image.png

Andre

I also had this problem with other songs.  With rap songs longer than 17 minutes, the lyrics are not displayed near 14 minutes.  The rap song is longer than 18 minutes, the lyrics are not displayed near the 15 minute position.  I don't understand why your app shows all the lyrics, but my app doesn't.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/28/2023 at 7:49 PM, maxmp said:

@Squeller what is the app/software you're using for the tagging? You're using some generalized tag names, these are not format specific, so we don't really know what is actually written into the mp4 file (you can send me example of one to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for tests).

@Mandolo72 I added filtering of these karaoke timestamps to the next build, thanks for the report/request.

Mr. Maxmp,,, Thanks for fulfilling my req,,,

55 minutes ago, minhtrong said:

I don't understand why your app shows all the lyrics, but my app doesn't.

It's odd isn't it? When I read Max's post I was only part-way though testing the full 25-minute playback, but when it was done everything was still working fine for all lyric lines. I don't know why some devices seem to be triggering a problem earlier than others.

Andre

@andrewilley the difference could be due to the different Scanner options regarding Tag Encoding (or even the system default 8-bit charset encoding which may differ for the non-English UI devices), so in some cases another sanity check for very large text tags was applied and USLT tag wasn't fully parsed.

Thanks @maxmp, that clears up the mystery. I was testing with the LRC file that @minhtrong had sent, assuming that was what he was using too, and that worked fine. But if I do the same test with the embedded tag contents instead, rather than the sidecar file, it indeed fails at 14 minutes. Thanks for the clarification that the two methods providing different maximum contents.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Thanks @maxmp, that clears up the mystery. I was testing with the LRC file that @minhtrong had sent, assuming that was what he was using too, and that worked fine. But if I do the same test with the embedded tag contents instead, rather than the sidecar file, it indeed fails at 14 minutes. Thanks for the clarification that the two methods providing different maximum contents.

Andre

I just used the lyrics embedded in the file.  Hope you fix it in new build.

There is another error i got, when on line with current time then next highline on another line and back again. When I get that error, I will record a video for you to see easily.

Build 949:

After phone reboot, PA was unable to find any music file on my phone.

Then I did a manual scan (not the full one) and PA found all the music files BUT ratings are now completely lost (I have no playlists atm).

My music folders are only on SDcard.

Running stock A12 on Realme 7 Pro.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:15 AM, TheMegaXandy said:

The first line of an embedded lyrics is not shown on Poweramp:
image.thumb.jpeg.1184b1025006a76779ee0aa78e71661f.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.8a91a5685be1f9694ab88db4071824d2.jpeg

The same file on Foobar2000:
image.thumb.png.7c2ae580dc143e2ff6585f742778fbb7.png

The embedded lyrics text:
image.png.f4a967a353581ab5ac7ed09fbb2d27ec.png image.png.ac2873df80f9bcc119c0dc0938ec7cc3.png

Poweramp build 949.
Samsung Galaxy A50
One UI 3.1 Android 11

On 1/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, maxmp said:

@TheMegaXandy if possible pelase share the file for tests (gomaxmpz@gmail.com). Thanks!

@maxmp I was unable to send the email with the attachment. The email returned saying that your address was not found.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:29 AM, Mandolo72 said:

How to make lyric (see attachment),it works well in minilyric but doesn't work well in Poweramp ,,  

Anybody who wants to give me the application to make the lyric like that please !!

Screenshot_20230128-062446_X-plore.jpg

Thank you Mr. MAXMP ,, now the lyric works well on my samsung a21s android 12 after installing Poweramp v950 , the latest version .. 

Unfortunately the karaoke mode button is still unavailable.

And I want to be given a button to fix if the lyric is too fast or too slow , so that the lyric is right.

I hope the next update, it will be available soon. Thank you.

Screenshot_20230131-072107_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20230131-072056_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by Mandolo5758
Add request

8 hours ago, TheMegaXandy said:

@maxmp I was unable to send the email with the attachment. The email returned saying that your address was not found.

That was a typo (now corrected). Max's address for debug info is gpmaxmpz@gmail.com. Or you could temporarily use a file sharing site such as Dropbox or Google Drive and provide a public link. The issue of the first line of lyrics not displaying was fixed in build 949 I think though, please give the latest version a try (might need a Full/Lyrics Rescan).

Andre

12 hours ago, frastill said:

Then I did a manual scan (not the full one) and PA found all the music files BUT ratings are now completely lost (I have no playlists atm).

That would mean that for some reason PA was denied access to the original storage locations (hence nothing could be played from its existing list) and then a rescan found the files again. However presumably they were as technically different location within the underlying Android storage system, so PA thinks these are new files rather than a re-discovery of old ones. That would mean that anything linked to the original locations (Ratings, Play Counts, Playlist entries) would not be considered a match for the 'new' files any more.

If you had made a backup in the past (using PA Settings=>Export Settings/Data) then Ratings are one of the things that can be saved in the backup, so you could use the matching Import feature to restore just the ratings. Of course, as with all backups, you need to have created the backup before you unfortunately find you require it...

Andre

9 hours ago, Mandolo5758 said:

Unfortunately the karaoke mode button is still unavailable.

And I want to be given a button to fix if the lyric is too fast or too slow , so that the lyric is right.

There is no 'karaoke mode' button, Poweramp displays song lyrics for reference during playback, it is not intended for 'word-by-word' highlighting for singing along to. Any such extra codes found within each line of text should now be stripped out before display.

The lyrics should be displayed at the exact moment requested by the timecodes that are provided in the LRC file or tag. If your audio file perhaps has a longer or shorter lead-in than the timecodes were written for, you can define an overall plus or minus offset value in the initial ID tags, given in milliseconds.

So for example to make all the lyrics show up ten second later that the timecodes request, add the following line at the beginning of the lyrics content: 

[offset:+10000]

Andre