Poweramp builds 906-911

maxmp

Hi Andre!
Thank you for the great work with the EQ import function from AutoEq.
Strangely, all of the sudden my Poweramp won't accept parametic EQ .txt imports anymore.
I always did it through a long press of one of the presets in the EQ dropdown menu. Now, when I want to add a new preset, a confirmation message appears, telling me that the import (e.g. of "MDRXB700.txt") was successful - the preset will never show up in the list, though.
I thought the list might be full, so I deleted some presets, to no change though. In the next confirmation message it even stated that the import of "MDRXB700[2].txt" was successful, indicating that the first import was successful, too, but I can see neither one nor the other. If I can be of any help, tell me, I'll do my best.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@superluig164 the issue with the device-assigned preset being reset to user selected preset is fixed for the next build. As for user presets/default presets - the graphic presets are not touched, so I assume you're in parametric mode - there are no graphic presets. Switch back to graphic mode to get your old presets. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@superluig164 the issue with the device-assigned preset being reset to user selected preset is fixed for the next build. As for user presets/default presets - the graphic presets are not touched, so I assume you're in parametric mode - there are no graphic presets. Switch back to graphic mode to get your old presets. Thanks!

This is incorrect.  I have not switched, and I even tried to switch and switch back.  A number of my presets are lost and I have no way to get them back.  I can even see on a few Bluetooth devices where the assigned preset was lost, it loads a flat preset with the name <default preset>.  This is a bug.  Please don't brush me off.  How can I fix this?

4 minutes ago, superluig164 said:

This is incorrect.  I have not switched, and I even tried to switch and switch back.  A number of my presets are lost and I have no way to get them back.  I can even see on a few Bluetooth devices where the assigned preset was lost, it loads a flat preset with the name <default preset>.  This is a bug.  Please don't brush me off.  How can I fix this?

Thought I was the only one.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:13 PM, smiller said:

Well that may explain it. But I think it would be vastly preferable to enable a functional toggle rather than disable the option to turn it off. Auto-save is quite annoying when it is not desired.

Yes, I agree, the always on Auto Save for Parametric EQ is really quite annoying, PLEASE revert it as a toggle feature.

By the way, what is the utility to have it always on? While playing with the EQ setting it could easily happen to change something just by mistake ...

@superluig164 I identified issue with the presets which were previously restored from old settings backup. Such presets will fail during update to Poweramp build 909+. 

The next 911 beta will handle such presets better, but they should be recovered by restoring that old backup again.

50 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@superluig164 I identified issue with the presets which were previously restored from old settings backup. Such presets will fail during update to Poweramp build 909+. 

The next 911 beta will handle such presets better, but they should be recovered by restoring that old backup again.

I don't remember restoring a backup, it must have been a long time ago, and I also lost presets which changed since any backups.  I guess it's a lesson to make backups, but this is a big deal for me.  Hopefully next time it won't slip through the cracks.

Build 911:

• mp3 null separated text tags now properly separated by ;
  • very large music collections scan improvements
  • fixed issue with the presets from old settings backup not being visible after update
    • such Restored presets are broken and should be restored from the backup
  • fixed issue with assigned preset being overridden by the last user preset
  • improved bar/line visualizations rendering
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

@code for parametric mode where all bands created manually and you have a lot of per-band options, no auto save means you loose your customization on any sudden preset change (e.g. by any assignment applied).

but autosave can also save unwanted changes, made just by mistake, something that is relatively easy when dealing with a smartphone's touchscreen.

Shouldn't be better to let the user choose what he/her want to do?

11 minutes ago, code said:

but autosave can also save unwanted changes, made just by mistake

I'm kinda with you on this one. Having an enforced auto-save function in order to prevent you from making accidental changes to a configuration seems a bit self-defeating. All it would do is overwrite your carefully created and saved settings every time you make an experimental change, which seems counter-productive. I normally prefer to make adjustments and manually save backups as I go along - so I can return to the last saved backup if I mess things up. A bit like save-points in games.

Andre

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley the autosave/presets editing/accidental changes definitely require improvements. One possibility is preset “locking”. Changing locked preset should be impossible or <default preset> will be changed instead or copy of the preset will be automatically made.

This is the best solution, @maxmp.

Not all EQ settings will be imported from autoEQ, some will still be manually entered. After you went through the work of manually entering an EQ setting, you want to make sure it won't be affected by some accidental change. Preset locking is the way to go!

1 hour ago, JunoMarian said:

Is it possible to disable left/right swipe on Now Playing screen to jump to next/prev song.?

No, sorry. It was possible in the old Poweramp v2, but the ability to enable/disable swipes was never transitioned over into v3.

Andre

@aylimitless

On 7/23/2021 at 6:45 PM, aylimitless said:

Huge update, I'm a bit overwhelmed with level of sound tinkering available, just want wide melodic sounds and some bass, will take some time to understand all of this controls.  thanks Max!

I found a GitHub autoeq post, and it provided a lot of help and presets especially on Parametric Eq. Worked like charm with my earbuds. Sticking with Parametric.