Poweramp builds 906-911

maxmp

Noticed a weird behaviour when I enter DVC settings, volume keeps jumping up and down continously, no buttons pressed. I'm not sure if it is a bug from Poweramp's side or a software bug.

Device: Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, N986U1, latest software with the latest security patch.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pCrYi3rgebE

Screenshot_20210820-190926_Settings.jpg

Edited by Xander71

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find out I wasn't clearly described the issue, so to clarify possible questions, it happens when I listen through a bluetooth device at max volume, wired at max volume (USB-C to 3,5mm jack adapter) and sometimes through the device's speakers also. Interestingly when the volume is not at max, no issues at all.

@Xander71 I've just checked, and I can duplicate this effect on my Galaxy A70/Android 11, but ONLY when I'm actually viewing the PA Settings > Audio > DVC page. As soon as I exit back to another settings page, or to the player screen, it stops happening and the BT volume adjustment stays wherever I set it to.

Sometimes it shows the same 100%/90%/100%/90% continual repeated bouncing effect that you demonstrated, while other times setting the phone volume to 100% just shuts back down to about ~30% and stays there. I've tried using different Output methods, with the Volume Stepping feature at default or 76 steps, and with PA's or Android's default volume panel, and see the same results whenever I'm in the DVC Settings page.

I'm guessing this is a result of PA trying to read the existing system settings for that page, and then applying its own version back again appropriately, but @maxmp might be able to tell us more.

Andre

@John Titor when I go to get into my paid for Poweramp app my screen goes black and freezes and won't open app. Poweramp has been my one and only music player for 6 years. I finally pay money to be able to have it forever. I'm crazy with out it. Please help me figure out how to fix this problem. Before I make it a problem for the whole entire google main headquarters .

On 8/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, Tyra Eagles said:

@John Titor when I go to get into my paid for Poweramp app my screen goes black and freezes and won't open app. Poweramp has been my one and only music player for 6 years. I finally pay money to be able to have it forever. I'm crazy with out it. Please help me figure out how to fix this problem. Before I make it a problem for the whole entire google main headquarters .

You say you have been using PA for six years, but you've only recently paid for it. It could well be that whatever hacked version you used has left something behind? Not something that official support can help with anyway.

Make sure any hacking tools are removed, and then try clearing all app data, uninstall the app and the unlocker key, and then re-install both from scratch. Remember to backup (export) any internally-created Playlists first as your music collection will be rescanned as if they were new songs. You can also export your Settings if you wish, but it might be better to create them again in case they are potentially corrupt.

I don't think the whole entire google main headquarters will be much help, but good luck with contacting them anyway.

Andre

On 8/6/2021 at 2:52 PM, andrewilley said:

No, there is NO functionality difference between the trial and paid versions of the app - in fact, it's the same app, the only limitation is how long you can use it for.

Andre

I know Poweramp doesn't have such functionality, strangely I was unable to get desired sound quality but after that I figured out some how I disabled DVC. Everything is fine now.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, maxmp said:

@Prosenjit bass dynamic range change (for the same preset/knob values) may be associated with the DVC state change. Go to Direct Volume Control settings and verify DVC works. If you use BT device/headset, it should be connected for the correct detection.

Yes your right & that was exactly the case, I exported the settings but before that some how I disabled DVC, I was totally unaware of the fact that DVC is turned off in the settings file. Everything is fine now thanks a lot

hi.newbie here,so sorry if this question is dumb.

i want to purchase Poweramp via website,i know i must download the app from the website (not google play) for the first activation  ,but after that can i update the app via google play?

thanks in advance

37 minutes ago, mamal said:

i want to purchase Poweramp via website,i know i must download the app from the website (not google play) for the first activation  ,but after that can i update the app via google play?

Stand-alone installs are normally updated the same way. However you could install the stand-alone APK and activate the licence first, then when the next update comes along on the Play Store you could over-install using that version and the original licence should continue to work. From then on you ought to get automatic updates from the Play Store. 

I'm curious though, if you want to use the Play Store for updates, why not just buy it there too? Then your purchase would be available to be used on multiple devices if you ever wanted that.

Andre

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Stand-alone installs are normally updated the same way. However you could install the stand-alone APK and activate the licence first, then when the next update comes along on the Play Store you could over-install using that version and the original licence should continue to work. From then on you ought to get automatic updates from the Play Store. 

I'm curious though, if you want to use the Play Store for updates, why not just buy it there too? Then your purchase would be available to be used on multiple devices if you ever wanted that.

Andre

Google billing is disabled in my country 😔 so after update and install google play version "over" manually installed version,theres no need to reactivate?

3 minutes ago, mamal said:

so after update and install google play version "over" manually installed version,theres no need to reactivate?

Correct, once validated the website-purchased licence status will remain even if you later manually over-install a Play Store updated version of the app.

Andre

I have a weird glitch with the app which started recently. All the album art just disappeared out of nowhere. Few songs do still have album art but most just vanished. I guess this can be fixed by clearing the app data,but this is still a bug. 

Also, if anyone knows a way to fix it without clearing app data, it would be helpful. (P.S I am on the latest version of Poweramp and on Android 9) 

Screenshot_20210829_020102_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Sergio Albert Try a FULL Rescan (in Settings > Library), and also try clearing the image cache in Settings > Album Art. Also worth checking that you haven't accidentally enabled Force Default Image in that menu.

Andre

I did full rescan and clearing cache yesterday and the force default image was always off. 

Weird thing, it got fixed just now after I turned off Use 24bit RGB. Just to check whether that was the issue I turned it back on and the images are still there so I'm not sure what's the issue. 

Regardless, it's all fixed now. 

On 7/23/2021 at 11:45 PM, aylimitless said:

Huge update, I'm a bit overwhelmed with level of sound tinkering available, just want wide melodic sounds and some bass, will take some time to understand all of this controls.  thanks Max!

Yep, it would have been overwhelming for me but I knew a little bit about using eq from before so wasn't an issue for me. 

I am attaching two of my favorite presets so you have a starting point and you can tweak it to your liking. 

Big Note: This is strictly my personal preference so if it dosent sound good to you, go ahead and trash the preset. 

The one named for music is for music and the one named clear voice makes the voice clearer in movies and stuff. Lemme know if u liked them. Clear Voice [8_29_21, 3_48 PM].json

For Music PmpEQparamtric [8_29_21 3_52 PM].json

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Is there no option to hide the unlocker anymore?  We re-installed Poweramp on a brand new phone yesterday and I couldn't find the option.

Once it's been fully validated, you can uninstall the unlocker app. You'll need to reinstall it if you ever need to reset/validate the licence again of course.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Once it's been fully validated, you can uninstall the unlocker app. You'll need to reinstall it if you ever need to reset/validate the licence again of course.

Andre

Thanks Andre. It's kind of weird how he changed that, but we'll try that out in a few days.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:01 PM, djdarko said:

Is there no option to hide the unlocker anymore?  We re-installed Poweramp on a brand new phone yesterday and I couldn't find the option.

This goes back to the "jam factory"... google is preventing apps to hide their icons, guess this is to prevent "stealth" apps.

13 minutes ago, Lara said:

hey, I am getting battery drain here

As it seems to be from background usage, the most likely thing would be an issue with storage access / background file scanning. Try turning all of PA's AutoScan options off in PA Settings > Library > Scanner and see if that changes things. Also for recent Android versions, turn off PA Settings > Misc > Keep Service and Use Wakelock. 

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As it seems to be from background usage, the most likely thing would be an issue with storage access / background file scanning. Try turning all of PA's AutoScan options off in PA Settings > Library > Scanner and see if that changes things. Also for recent Android versions, turn off PA Settings > Misc > Keep Service and Use Wakelock. 

Andre

Done, let's hope for results..