Using ADB to allow Equaliser permissions for more audio applications

1 hour ago, brenas25 said:

Failed to open: No Activity found to handle Intent ( act=android settings.ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS ( has extras)

Without this opt. equalizer will not cooperate with AndroidTv device.

Android TV lacks a few components. Such as notification listener  permission for third party apps. That's why when you clicked on "Notification listener permission" on PEQ, you got the error toast message. You are not the only one, similar thing was reported at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49070886/notificationlistenerservice-in-androidtv . Other modified variants of Android, such as Android Go also lacks this permission. The only way to access notification would be to make it a system app I guess....

@John Titor the Advanced Player Tracking option implementation in Poweramp Equalizer can actually work without the notification listener at all and I will try to implement that mode in the future builds. Though, DUMP permission is still needed, also Android may unload Equalizer app without active notification listener, so this should be worked around some how.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@boonboon What have you tried, and what error messages are you seeing on your PC when you try to connect and send the command to your phone?

Andre

Thank you for your quick response.

I already DUMP it.

I fogot to disable permission monitoring.

After I disable permission monitoring I can DUMP it already.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:25 PM, maxmp said:

@John Titor the Advanced Player Tracking option implementation in Poweramp Equalizer can actually work without the notification listener at all and I will try to implement that mode in the future builds. Though, DUMP permission is still needed, also Android may unload Equalizer app without active notification listener, so this should be worked around some how.

Thats good news,but when next build will be released?

47 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@brenas25 no hard ETAs, the parametric eq is the main feature under the development now, but all those smaller tweaks are also planned.

I understand....

Btw. Your eq is the best with any doubt and work like a harm on all my phones.There is only problem on ATV Sony device ( notification listener problem ) but i belive that this will be fixed in the one of following bulids.

Wow great news thanks for the info Max & I hope it'll come in Poweramp player as well because I can't buy PA EQ it's not supported on my old Android 7 device.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@brenas25 no hard ETAs, the parametric eq is the main feature under the development now, but all those smaller tweaks are also planned.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the tweeks listed above  for dump permission and enable player tracking - all are enabled ( used the web version of the ADB tool) .  Still no luck in seeing the Poweramp player ( which I would think should be the most likely to see)   I can see Samsung music and other players such as Spotify, Various other players.   The versions are all current - reinstalled yesterday.

Thank you

2 hours ago, warren smith said:

Still no luck in seeing the Poweramp player ( which I would think should be the most likely to see)

Not a good idea to have two EQs (especially if either is using DVC) running together, but if you want to try it just enable MusicFX in Poweramp.

Andre