Using ADB to allow Equaliser permissions for more audio applications

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Clearly. Have you tried plugging your phone into a computer and using the webpage ADB process? Cell-to-cell ought to work if you have the right sort of cable to connect them.

Andri

I Used Cell to cell metho but im not Using disabled permission monitoring is this correct method

Screenshot_2022-12-09-15-35-20-87.jpg

22 minutes ago, Shreyash MJ said:

I Used Cell to cell metho but im not Using disabled permission monitoring is this correct method

That image shows Permission Monitoring is still enabled, please try disabling it by activating that switch (and also enable USB Debugging if you have not already done so).

Andre

• 2 months later...

I couldn't get it to work, followed the instructions here

https://powerampapp.com/webadb/

but going back to my phone the permissions still weren't granted. have a oneplus nord n200

What I will also say though is I didn't grant nearby device permission to Poweramp so I hope that has nothing to do with it, I don't have any blutooth devices so it shouldn't

need this.

Hi there,

I have a TCL Android TV running Android 11. I have managed to enable the DUMP permission via ADB from a Linux PC. However the EQ doesn't have any effect on the output from my video applications (Netflix, Youtube (official), SmartTubeNext (3rd party youtube without ads), Plex, etc.  I did have to sideload PEQ, and although it seems to run fine, the icon doesn't show up under "My Apps" section (I have to run it from a sideload launcher).

After granting DUMP permissions, I have been unsuccessful in enabling Notification Listener Permissions. When I click on it it just gives me this error: "Failed to open: No Activity found to handle Intent (act=android.settings.ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS (has extras)", same as the user in this post: https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20638-using-adb-to-allow-equaliser-permissions-for-more-audio-applications/?do=findComment&comment=96592

I've tried rebooting the TCL Android TV and then running PEQ and then my video applications again - still no EQ effect in them. I've tried "max bass, no treble" settings as well as "no bass, max treble" and there's no discernable difference in audio. The "Known Players" list always says None, the "Enable Player Tracking" toggle is greyed out, and the "Non-player apps" list always says None.

Question 1: Does this app work with Android TV?

Question 2: Does Notification Listener Permissions have to be enabled for PEQ to take effect? If so, is there any way around the error?

Question 3: Could registering PEQ perhaps make everything work since it has more functionality?

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
在 2021/2/5 在 PM6 點00分,andrewilley 說:

@Sohaibahmadu,您,您,或者或者的沒有合適程序 程序程序程序來來您您您的的的設備設備通信通信通信。。在在您在您 您人,或者在XDA論壇之類的地方針對您的特定產品詢問您需要什麼。

安德烈

嗯...我可以用這個命令來顯示我的設備序列號,但我不知道為什麼這個命令不能工作?

未命名_副本.jpg

未命名_副本1.jpg

15 minutes ago, 林威 said:

Hmm... I can use this command to display my device serial number, but I don't know why this command doesn't work?

Have you tried the website version (on the same connected PC): https://powerampapp.com/webadb/

Also, depending on your device (you don't mention what it is, or the Android version) try:

Andre

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2023 at 7:24 PM, kidquick said:

Hi there,

I have a TCL Android TV running Android 11. I have managed to enable the DUMP permission via ADB from a Linux PC. However the EQ doesn't have any effect on the output from my video applications (Netflix, Youtube (official), SmartTubeNext (3rd party youtube without ads), Plex, etc.  I did have to sideload PEQ, and although it seems to run fine, the icon doesn't show up under "My Apps" section (I have to run it from a sideload launcher).

After granting DUMP permissions, I have been unsuccessful in enabling Notification Listener Permissions. When I click on it it just gives me this error: "Failed to open: No Activity found to handle Intent (act=android.settings.ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS (has extras)", same as the user in this post: https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20638-using-adb-to-allow-equaliser-permissions-for-more-audio-applications/?do=findComment&comment=96592

I've tried rebooting the TCL Android TV and then running PEQ and then my video applications again - still no EQ effect in them. I've tried "max bass, no treble" settings as well as "no bass, max treble" and there's no discernable difference in audio. The "Known Players" list always says None, the "Enable Player Tracking" toggle is greyed out, and the "Non-player apps" list always says None.

Question 1: Does this app work with Android TV?

Question 2: Does Notification Listener Permissions have to be enabled for PEQ to take effect? If so, is there any way around the error?

Question 3: Could registering PEQ perhaps make everything work since it has more functionality?

Thank you in advance.

Been using PAE on my Android box, make sure you have notification access enabled under special app access in android box settings. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2023 at 8:40 PM, Poweroomph said:

Been using PAE on my Android box, make sure you have notification access enabled under special app access in android box settings. 

Wooh I finally could activate PAE in my Android TV Hako PRO doing what you said 😁😁😁

• 2 weeks later...