Poweramp settings, tweaks, options: Tutorial for high-quality sound

casediletanta

Yeah sure, I was thinking of making it more "visible". Would be nice if users could easily find this guide. One of my friends said "damn, you need to be an audio engineer to use Poweramp lol" when I recommended them Poweramp. Anyway this is a great guide. Kudos to the writers. Much appreciated. ❤️

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@casediletanta . @andrewilley can this link to the exellent guide be made permanent perhaps?

I was looking at the playlist editor. I personally organize my collection on Linux with the desktop tag editors and rarely use playlists. Though I suppose making it through the app itself should be enough. So even if I were to download the "New Playlist Manager" I would only use it to make .m3u which can be universally applied (Can that be done?). Though the question of moving the tracks to another spot still exists , but I suppose I will just have to deal with it myself then.

@Flinch New Playlist Manager is a third-party app that makes more sophisticated editing of playlists easier, and provides some other import/export features.

However if you already have .M3U (or .M3U8) playlists on your Linux device, and the folder names that contain your song files are the same as the ones on your Android phone, they should work fine if you simply copy them over. Poweramp supports simple editing tasks such as adding songs/albums/folders/etc, removing songs, moving a song up or down within a playlist, and re-sorting the list by various criteria. 

Andre

• 2 months later...

I have an LG G7, it has a quad 32 bit dac, but i can't get the sample format to be any larger than 16 bit. I'm using a 24/96khz flac, but it will only sample the song at 16/48khz. I've tried other hires songs as well, same thing, 16/48khz. Why is it not allowing me to change it? I'm using a fresh install of build 905, all the other settings are on default.

2 hours ago, SirYabadaba said:

I have an LG G7, it has a quad 32 bit dac, but i can't get the sample format to be any larger than 16 bit. I'm using a 24/96khz flac, but it will only sample the song at 16/48khz

I had a G7 and the quad DAC sounds pretty good with decent headphones and with Poweramp set to Hi-Res output. PA can upsample to 192kHz/24 bit no problem, I think even 384kHz/32bit is possible but your battery will not be too happy to play for too long. But note this only applies to the headphone output. The built in speaker mode will default to 48kHz/16 bit. And any USB devices will default to their native capabilities in most cases.

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, emwifro said:

I'm not being given any options to modify anything audio-quality-related. Anyone know of how to work around this? 

That screenshot is of the Equalizer app, not Poweamp Music Player. Which app are you asking about?

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

That screenshot is of the Equalizer app, not Poweamp Music Player. Which app are you asking about?

Andre

I think this answers my concerns. I wasn't sure if the equalizer would also have the hi-res workaround for Android's downsampling. 

44 minutes ago, emwifro said:

I wasn't sure if the equalizer would also have the hi-res workaround for Android's downsampling. 

The Equalizer is not an audio source in its own right, so it simply adjusts the sound that has been created by whatever player you are using.

Andre

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, casediletanta said:

Simple and straightforward guide - how to tune a Poweramp player for Hi-Res sound

Explanations of basic settings, how to set up hi-res audio, resampler and more

http://casediletanta.blogspot.com/2021/01/Poweramp-music-player-build-893.html

Do you have a settings file to share with your recommended settings?

edit: nvm, I read your explanations 😃 what i learnt mostly is that my device doesn't support hi-res audio and a bunch of bluetooth codecs 😛 ty for the post!

On 7/6/2021 at 11:16 PM, emwifro said:

I'm not being given any options to modify anything audio-quality-related. Anyone know of how to work around this? 

Screenshot_20210706-151543_Poweramp Equalizer.jpg

How'd you get settings to look that dark and removed categories? :P Is it a skin?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...