It'd be nice to have a pitch shifter just as a nice feature to go along with the speed changer. Not have them one in the same but a separate slider. I like changing pitch in some songs temporarily just for jokes or laughs, maybe even changes the mood for some instrumental tracks. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vekx92 I’ve had great results doing this in Neutron Music Player. But it works differently than existing tempo changer in Poweramp.

Poweramp changes tempo while maintaining original pitch.

Neutron has two sliders, one for tempo and one for pitch. Pitch there adjust pitch alone. Bringing tempo value down to 0.92x for example also changes pitch in practice (but not the pitch setting value itself). An option for “tone compensation” allows pitch value to automatically adjust based on how slow tempo is, bringing it back to “normal sound” as Poweramp does automatically.

2 hours ago, Vekx92 said:

@Fitzian thats what I'm essentially saying, for Poweramp to have to sliders or dials actually. Two separate ones would work great I just hope it can be/is implemented. I'm hoping a mod sees this to put a bug in the devs ear

We just gotta sit tight and ask nicely :)

Separating the chaff from the worthy suggestions is arduous, I'm sure. On top of things already in the works (like new multiband graphic EQ & Parametric EQ options).

The finer control of tempo & pitch would complete the package!

It would make sense to me too. To be fair, changing either pitch OR tempo is completely against Poweramp's general design ethos of trying to make the audio reproduction as clean and accurate as possible, but given that there are already options for Tempo, Stereo Expand, and Reverb, I can't see why adding Pitch into the options would be a bad thing - after all, you don't have to turn any of them on if you don't want to.

Andre

Tempo makes sense for the audio books. Probably tempo should be assignable per folder/playlist the same way starting from the middle of the track is (but it seems nobody requests that). As for the pitch, I just don't see any use case (internally Poweramp is capable of doing this, of course). Thanks!

I guess if we were to say pitch = pitch, tempo = tempo, & speed = pitch AND tempo. Currently Poweramp only allows users to adjust tempo. I wouldn't be very interested in having pitch adjustible by itself, but rather speed. The ranges available to user need not be absurd (I don't think any music is going to be enjoyable at one tenth its original speed). The use case for that is nonexistent. No argument there.

Sometimes on an hour+ trip in the car, bringing the speed down by a few ticks (8%) can make an album sound brand new. I'm not talking woo-woo 432 Hz nonsense, just on the whole, it has a use case. Want something more mellow than Bob Marley's Redemption Song? That's the solution.

I find it funny that Poweramp yet lacks an OPTION to avoid resampling to a fixed rate, when ones hardware supports the full gamut of sample rates (44.1-384kHz). If you're committed to only offering true 1:1 playback 100% of the time. Then what's that about? 

Nothing "gapless" will be in different sample rates.

19 hours ago, maxmp said:

Tempo makes sense for the audio books. Probably tempo should be assignable per folder/playlist the same way starting from the middle of the track is (but it seems nobody requests that). As for the pitch, I just don't see any use case (internally Poweramp is capable of doing this, of course). Thanks!

I'm not gonna lie it'd honestly just be nice to have that option/feature. There may be users out there who don't know about the forums and would look at it as a nice surprise that they've wanted but didn't know how to request. Also, since Poweramp can do this internally could we maybe turn this feature on in a future update? It'd be a nice addition, and it's just something fun to play with.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:33 AM, maxmp said:

I am a musician and i use pitch shifter frequently.Currenty i use a seperate 25mb app only for the pitch feature.If this was added to Poweramp i am sure that a lot of people like me would find useful

Vào ngày 16/5/2020 lúc 08:44, Fitzian nói:

@ Vekx92Tôi có kết quả với nhau khi bạn làm việc trong khi phát ra neutron. Phần cứng của bạn và phần mềm thay thế

Poweramp thay đổi phiên bản trong khi duy trì cao độ ban ban.

Neutron có hai thanh, một cho choo và một cho cho độ cao. Sân trong đó chỉ có một chút. Ví dụ, nâng cấp và giảm giá 0,92 lần thay đổi trong khi thực tế (trong khi đó là giá trị của trò chơi). Một phần của bạn, một phần của âm thanh, âm thanh, âm thanh, âm thanh, âm thanh, âm thanh, âm sắc

Tôi đồng ý với bạn về tính năng đó và đã gửi email cho nhà phát triển nhưng có vẻ như họ chỉ trả lời cảm ơn tôi nhưng họ không muốn thêm tính năng đó, tôi nghĩ nhà phát triển chỉ muốn bán ứng dụng và kiếm tiền, họ không quan tâm đến yêu cầu của người dùng Poweram

Edited by xdd62802
Edit

On 5/23/2020 at 12:49 AM, xdd62802 said:

Tôi đồng ý với bạn về tính năng đó và đã gửi email cho nhà phát triển nhưng có vẻ như họ chỉ trả lời cảm ơn tôi nhưng họ không muốn thêm tính năng đó, tôi nghĩ nhà phát triển chỉ muốn bán ứng dụng và kiếm tiền, họ không quan tâm đến yêu cầu của người dùng Poweram

Yea, it is quite unfortunate the listening preferences of the developer override the requests of legitimate music listeners. Using Poweramp for AudioBooks? Give me a break...

I think Max is basically asking for someone to provide a convincing / overwhelming usage reason why this feature is needed in Poweramp - especially if it is going to take time away from other things he is working on.

Personally, I would suggest that if it is simple to implement (and I'm guessing it's possibly just internal parameters rather than writing a lot of complex new code, but I could be wrong) then maybe it should be added to complement the tempo feature and possible even provide what has been described as "432Hz woo-woo" into the bargain. But at the end of the day, it's his app and he decides the roadmap, all we can do is make requests and try to persuade him that ours should take priority.

Andre

I was trying to steer my suggestion away from 432 nonsense. There’s nothing special or cosmic about detuning your music, full stop.

But if you’re going to have gone to lengths to aide listeners of audiobooks in a music player app (?)

This seems to be a no-brainer... Especially if Poweramp is internally capable.

Saying it’s internally capable and declining when there’s a number of use cases feels like being deliberately obstinate.

As others have said, this could help musicians who want to play along to a song in a key easier for them to play, etc. Changing pitch 200 cents brings you down a whole tone, which for singers can be huge.

@andrewilley

On 5/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, andrewilley said:

I think Max is basically asking for someone to provide a convincing / overwhelming usage reason why this feature is needed in Poweramp - especially if it is going to take time away from other things he is working on.

I use karaoke tracks for singing songs live and most times the original pitch of the track may not be suitable for me.There comes the need for a pitch shifter.I am sure that there are a lot of people with legitimate use for this function besides fun ( It's also fun!).

14 hours ago, Geo Joseph said:

@andrewilley

I use karaoke tracks for singing songs live and most times the original pitch of the track may not be suitable for me.There comes the need for a pitch shifter.I am sure that there are a lot of people with legitimate use for this function besides fun ( It's also fun!).

I like singing as well and pitch Shifting helps as well. I can't match some pitches and bringing the original to my own makes it more enjoyable instead of it seeming to be a chore

I play guitar songs for fun, but when the recording sample(s) (which I play along with) does not match my guitar's tuning, I change the pitch to make it match my guitar's tuning. Hence, as Poweramp doesn't have this feature, I use other music players; which is really frustrating...

Basically, this is why I think Poweramp should have this feature. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:03 PM, maxmp said:

Hi Max,

Can't you just add certain requested features by popular demand instead of strict use cases?

I totally understand that no app developer wants to clog up their apps with lots of finicky settings that little to nobody would use.

Think of how 'fun' Pitch adjustment would be when playing music over loud speaker systems at parties, events etc. Yeah a party trick I know. Additionally a lot of Hip Hop/Rap music remixes tend to purposely adjust the pitch for artistic effect.

It would be nice if Poweramp supported a plug-in system (add-ons) for which only you (the app developer) must digitally sign and authorize of. Maybe a tall order to suggest that.

There are certain requested features that I and many others would quite gladly pay a premium extra for.

Honestly I'm glad this is getting traction. Its showing folks have legitimate need/want and use for having a pitch slider 😊 here's hoping in the future the feature can get turned on.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, this gets the consideration of the developer. I've thought I have made a thread about it years ago, but it was not the case.

There are also a lot of music (mostly dance) which are spedup by 20% that are uploaded on Youtube and has it own genre. And by adjusting a few tones up and down, it changes the "mood" of the music.