Shuffle play list

AFAIK there is no option to shuffle only the contents of a play list. I'd love to be proven wrong on this. Example: a play list from a captured day of 80's programming - knowing tune A is predictably followed by tune B gets old. If there isn't some existing way to do this (How??), consider adding same. 

It sounds as though shuffle songs works as I want: scramble all songs within a particular artist. I tried sliding the art to see what comes after the current song. I haven't jumped from Garth Brooks to Bob Marley - so far. Playing confirms that - so far. :)

2 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

As in the structure that carries a list of files to be played. 

I don't see where the question is headed. [/ head scratching] 

'Playlist' (which you first mentioned) is a specific term referring to a defined list of songs from your music collection in a particular order, often saved in a file with a .M3U extender.

Playlist is just one possible category of playback though; you could be listening to an Album, or a Folder, or one particular Artist, or a musical Genre... or a Playlist.

In your case above, I suspect you were asking about shuffling all of the songs within the currently chosen playback category (such as Artist or Album) not shuffling the songs within one Playlist.

Andre

21 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

AFAIK there is no option to shuffle only the contents of a play list. I'd love to be proven wrong on this. Example: a play list from a captured day of 80's programming - knowing tune A is predictably followed by tune B gets old. If there isn't some existing way to do this (How??), consider adding same. 

I'm baffled about the [potential] ambiguity here. NTL "shuffle songs" used, while playing a playlist's contents, accomplishes what I want to do: play my 80's (or Jesse Cook, or Jimmy Buffet, or Santiano, or...) tunes, listed in a playlist, in random order without finding PA jumping into my euro-techno or any other material not in the playlist.

Or, "mission accomplished". :)

If you are really talking about a Playlist now (such as one brought in from an .M3U file, or a list of songs you have built up within Poweramp) then simply start it playing from Library > Playlist > (playlist name) by tapping the Shuffle icon. Or if you want to start with a particular song in the playlist before continuing randomly, tap on the song title and then once it has started playing set the Shuffle icon in the Player screen to "Shuffle Just Songs".

PA will play all of the songs in the chosen playlist in random order before moving on to the next playlist (or you can repeat the current playlist forever if you prefer, use the Repeat icon to choose).

Andre

Archived