PowerAMP v2.0 Beta 1

admin

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poweramp v2.0 stores ratings just in own database. Sync. with song tags (id3 tag/mp4 atom) is planned for one of the next releases.

Thanks!

I notice that it appears that ratings are stored locally: the program does not detect my existing ratings, and if I set ratings within the program, this is not reflected in the files if I copy them to another device. Is there any possibility that an option to read from and store ratings to the popularimeter (POPM) ID3 tag may be implemented in the future?

Thanks to both of you for the info. Suppose once the stars in written into the tags I will then need to look into media center doing the same thing and then a sync program that will sync both ways and then a program that will only sync 4 and 5 stars to my device....... So still a long way off but getting closer :) Other than that I Poweramp well and trult fits my needs and only appears to be getting better!

Thank you so much for 2.0! A great improvement and it runs fine.

There is one thing though: I miss the option to long press a genre/artist/album/folder/etc and choose shuffle, thereby shuffling a category of music. With the 2.0 beta I need to add a genre/album/artist/folder/etc to queue to do the same thing.

The problem is: If I add an entire genre to queue, there might be hundreds of track in it, and I never listen to all of them.

So whenever I want to change category to shuffle i need to go into queue and erase queue before finding whatever new category of music I want to shuffle. It adds a lot of extra browsing compared to the 1.x version.

Or is there any other solution? What I want is an easy way to shuffle a category (genre/album/folder/artist/etc) of music, and change categories whithout to much hassle.

+1 - I completely agree. That is exactly the way i mostly used Poweramp until now...it was very fast and intuitive.

Please max bring these shortcuts back in 2.0! :)

Otherwise it's a great update!

When Artist is directly added to playlist, All Artist Songs are added (in the sort order specified for such All Artists Songs via List Opts, by default it's Title). You can still get the old behavior by selecting all Albums inside Artist list with menu => Add to playlist, then Select All.

Oh, I missed we have multi-select now with menu=>add to playlist! That's awesome.

Could you add "by album" sort order in all All Artist Songs?

Max

Totally agree with you delaying final release to get everything correct.

Why dont you just release a Beta 2 so all these hungry persons for change can check out you have got rid of a lot of bugs present in Beta 1

Use all the people in this forum to test for you.

Thanks for all your hard work

Regards

Graham

If I'm playing a song from "albums" listing, I click on the song name, go up to albums, up to lib, into "artists" listing and click on an artist name it crashes every time. Getting into artist mode from menu-lib works fine, not sure if this was a known bug. Also, is there a way to disable the idle process? It eats up to 29mb of memory even when idle slowing down other apps execution, makes me have to kill it everytime (when it runs again it's way lighter),

Beta 2 is coming soon (tomorrow). I have everything ready, it's feature-complete release, no more feature requests/changes will be accepted for 2.0.

Thanks!

awesome indeed.

on a side note and for your bottom line i personally think from now on when you do a significant update like this that maybe you should release it as a stand alone app. i have received WAY WAY more out of Poweramp then my initial $5!

aceofclubs

Volume knob is back in beta 2. I think I found proper approach to Equalizer layout, it's not so cluttered as in beta1 and you can still access both equalizer, tone, volume, etc. controls with one click from main player ui.

Stay tuned.

Beta 2 is coming soon (tomorrow). I have everything ready, it's feature-complete release, no more feature requests/changes will be accepted for 2.0.

Thanks!

Ahhh. you beauty! When though? I've already checked 10 times since morning! It's been a great day so far with the ICS and Galaxy Nexus unveiling and now we have this as a topping!

Thanks Max! :D

aceofclubs

Volume knob is back in beta 2. I think I found proper approach to Equalizer layout, it's not so cluttered as in beta1 and you can still access both equalizer, tone, volume, etc. controls with one click from main player ui.

Stay tuned.

That's great to hear as I wondered what had happened to that volume button in the first 2.0 beta. I look forward toi this second and final 2.0 beta and really hope you can do a full release on the Android market immediately after that.

Archived