Loud audio "distortion" when playing over Bluetooth

Semx11

Hello,

Since 3 updates ago (beta version), I can no longer play audio over Bluetooth without the audio being distorted. This only happens when using the equalizer and bass boost at lower volume levels, but if I turn up the volume enough you can also hear it.

This only happens when using Poweramp to play over Bluetooth. It does not occur when using any other music player + equalizer, such as Google Play Music with similar equalizer and bass boost.

When I hook up my Bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge 3) with an AUX cable, it plays perfectly, just like before the issue started happening.

It is not an issue with my speaker. I actually had it replaced under warranty because I thought it broke, but when I got sent a brand new one as replacement the issue still occurred.

I suspect that it is an issue with my settings when the v3 audio engine was introduced.

I have uploaded an audio clip here where you can hear the issue: https://clyp.it/ctnflznt. This is recorded from a normal distance, not close to the speakers or anything. This is how it sounds when playing over Bluetooth.

Phone
OnePlus 5T
Android 8.1.0
OxygenOS 5.1.5

Poweramp
beta-build-795-play (Full Version)

Any tips or tricks I can try to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Sem

27 minutes ago, clever_man said:

@Semx11, try to change settings for the audio output.

Just looked in my settings Audio > Output, for some reason the default for Bluetooth was "AudioTrack Output", and not OpenSL ES Output like AUX uses. Changed it, now it works perfectly again! Thank you! :)

On 9/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, Semx11 said:

Hello,

Since 3 updates ago (beta version), I can no longer play audio over Bluetooth without the audio being distorted. This only happens when using the equalizer and bass boost at lower volume levels, but if I turn up the volume enough you can also hear it.

This only happens when using Poweramp to play over Bluetooth. It does not occur when using any other music player + equalizer, such as Google Play Music with similar equalizer and bass boost.

When I hook up my Bluetooth speaker (JBL Charge 3) with an AUX cable, it plays perfectly, just like before the issue started happening.

It is not an issue with my speaker. I actually had it replaced under warranty because I thought it broke, but when I got sent a brand new one as replacement the issue still occurred.

I suspect that it is an issue with my settings when the v3 audio engine was introduced.

I have uploaded an audio clip here where you can hear the issue: https://clyp.it/ctnflznt. This is recorded from a normal distance, not close to the speakers or anything. This is how it sounds when playing over Bluetooth.

Phone
OnePlus 5T
Android 8.1.0
OxygenOS 5.1.5

Poweramp
beta-build-795-play (Full Version)

Any tips or tricks I can try to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Sem

Interesting.  The other day I thoughtmy bluetooth speaker was blown because the bass was distorted and vibrating bad and any volume.   Hadn't noticed it since then.  Fine on the bluetooth  headphones and car stereo. 

IMG_20180907_085714.thumb.png.896b4ab2f369a6f45bfe2a4c7efca88a.png@Semx11

It seems that you've disabled the option of constraining Equalizer, and also enable and disable these options. Problems are likely to be resolved, although it seems that some of the features are not working like before, but with noises There is nothing to do with the program version, and in version 796, other problems can be resolved.

IMG_20180907_085815.png

On 9/6/2018 at 10:28 PM, Mrmahdi said:

IMG_20180907_085714.thumb.png.896b4ab2f369a6f45bfe2a4c7efca88a.png@Semx11

It seems that you've disabled the option of constraining Equalizer, and also enable and disable these options. Problems are likely to be resolved, although it seems that some of the features are not working like before, but with noises There is nothing to do with the program version, and in version 796, other problems can be resolved.

IMG_20180907_085815.png

Why do people keep bringing up 796 when it isn't even available?

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Because this is a beta-test phase, and as stuff gets reported, fixes will start to be seen in the next release(s).

Andre

Yeah, when it is released, and it isn't released. That is the point I am making. I can understand helping others if it is available, but when someone can't do anything about it, when it isn't even there to use, then the bringing it up is just waiting only. Talking about a version that is not released the way it is mentioned makes people want to look for something that is not even there. No, if he said, when it is released, when talking about an none existent version, then it would make more sense. He just said in version 796 you could do this, like it was already released.

Archived