Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2018 at 8:08 PM, riblee said:

Does Xiaomi Mi5s support Hi - res in LineageOS 15.1? My best option is OpenSL ES HD.Is this the Hi - res option we are talking about?

Hi there Mi 5S LineageOS 15.1 brother, 

"Hi res" is only supported by Poweramp up until Android Nougat. For Android Oreo "Open SL HD" is the "Hi resolution" output you should use.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Rams225 said:

MusicFX option is not working. I tried long pressing on that. It didn't take me to system equaliser...

If you're using MusicFX with Poweramp than you're doing it wrong. That's like getting a Ferrari and driving it up to maximum 20 miles/hour. Poweramp's built in equaliser is far more superior. If you set it up right you'll forget MusicFX even exists.

27 minutes ago, dvvmvp said:

If you're using MusicFX with Poweramp than you're doing it wrong. That's like getting a Ferrari and driving it up to maximum 20 miles/hour. Poweramp's built in equaliser is far more superior. If you set it up right you'll forget MusicFX even exists.

lol. i just dont get it why people love to use FX or something enhancement like that. many musicians, mixers, audio engineers and mastering engineers already put all of their best works into an album or songs so that album/songs is the best in terms of sound quality.

so why people like adding something like FX or enhancement? it ruins their hard works. is that only to perceived more or better sound quality than they do inside a studio? lol

i prefer flat EQ and absolutely with no FX or audio enhancements or something that altering the original sound quality.

16 minutes ago, Random.Potato said:

лол. Я просто не понимаю, почему люди любят использовать FX или что-то подобное. многие музыканты, микшеры, звукоинженеры и мастера-мастера уже поставили все свои лучшие работы в альбом или песни, чтобы альбом / песни были лучшими с точки зрения качества звука.

так почему люди любят добавлять что-то вроде FX или улучшения? он разрушает их тяжелые дела. заключается в том, что только для восприятия большего или лучшего качества звука, чем в студии? лол

я предпочитаю плоский эквалайзер и абсолютно без эффектов FX или аудио или что-то, что меняет исходное качество звука.

Lol! You are the owner of the same equipment as the musicians in the studio? You have ideal reference headphones? 

33 minutes ago, Random.Potato said:

lol. i just dont get it why people love to use FX or something enhancement like that. many musicians, mixers, audio engineers and mastering engineers already put all of their best works into an album or songs so that album/songs is the best in terms of sound quality.

so why people like adding something like FX or enhancement? it ruins their hard works. is that only to perceived more or better sound quality than they do inside a studio? lol

i prefer flat EQ and absolutely with no FX or audio enhancements or something that altering the original sound quality.

Well i don't think you own a pair of v moda or audiotechnicas,. Or have a studio controller like apogee quartet so you are basically listening to something downgraded from the time your favourite singer or band recorded it.. Applying eq doesnt potentially harm the sound if used in the right way, instead helps you to patch the drawbacks of your current configuration.. for ex if you own a bass heavy pair or buds you can tweak your treble in eq to achieve a more balanced sound 

^ That.

Unless you have the exact same output equipment as said engineers AND the exact same hearing as them, you NEED an EQ in order to offset said differences.

The reason I am loathe to just wipe my previous Poweramp settings and start over is that I keep multiple EQs in it, each for the different type of outputs (earphones, headphones, bluetooth device etc) I use with it, and none of them looks like any other.

On 5/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, andrewilley said:
43 minutes ago, Random.Potato said:

In a perfect world, i agree with you. Flatness of frequency response is desired. And i hate Presets or 'generalized' EQ settings. But EQ is supposed to be used FOR flattening frequency response. With the equipment as well as the listening environment. I have sound treatment in my studio and a 31 band graphic as well as parametric eq rack, which also allows for mic input to measure the room acoustics. Most just use eq to "pump up" the frequencies that they enjoy, but it should mostly be used to attenuate spikes, and flatten responses throughout the octaves. Also, we dont all hear the same though, and personalized EQ isnt necessarily a bad thing. Thats the main reason i want 790 to be finalized, to be able to restore all of my EQ presets. I have a preset for every headphone, IEM, as well as my studio, car, ect. as they all sound different in terms of the equipment limitations and acoustic environments. 

37 minutes ago, Seve-s said:

Lol! You are the owner of the same equipment as the musicians in the studio? You have ideal reference headphones? 

25 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Well i don't think you own a pair of v moda or audiotechnicas,. Or have a studio controller like apogee quartet so you are basically listening to something downgraded from the time your favourite singer or band recorded it.. Applying eq doesnt potentially harm the sound if used in the right way, instead helps you to patch the drawbacks of your current configuration.. for ex if you own a bass heavy pair or buds you can tweak your treble in eq to achieve a more balanced sound 

i listen whatever as it is and my device and my headphone, speaker or IEM it delivers. no bs effects and eq.

Alright well I tried out the 790 beta for a little while, a few things made me revert back to 704 and for the sake of providing some feedback, I'll try to note down all the bugs I encountered. Like I said a few things made me revert, but the last one was that when I unplugged my phone and stopped playing music, the little widget on the lock screen that shows name of song, play, skip, just stays there. It doesn't go away and I can't swipe to get rid of it. I was also having some audio issues, popping I believe. The phone I use is a ZTE blade v8 pro. I also use Next lock screen, if that's relevant at all to the issue of the widget bug.

6 hours ago, 7O_ said:

Alright well I tried out the 790 beta for a little while, a few things made me revert back to 704 and for the sake of providing some feedback, I'll try to note down all the bugs I encountered. Like I said a few things made me revert, but the last one was that when I unplugged my phone and stopped playing music, the little widget on the lock screen that shows name of song, play, skip, just stays there. It doesn't go away and I can't swipe to get rid of it. I was also having some audio issues, popping I believe. The phone I use is a ZTE blade v8 pro. I also use Next lock screen, if that's relevant at all to the issue of the widget bug.

I think it's with the next lock I've had several problems with that app. With my A1 I do not have that lockscreen problem working well. Maybe you see some time to turn off to return but not always and I think that a rather big expense 

Screenshot_20180506-105631.png

On 05/05/2018 at 4:06 PM, andrewilley said:

Copy the new .milk files into /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ (in device storage, not SD Card). Then use PA Settings> Visualization > Rescan Presets (or Full Preset Rescan if you prefer).

What I don't know is how to select specific presets though. I'm guessing that the control panel (which was in the drag-from-right-edge panel on 704) has not been implemented yet, so perhaps there are going to be more options via long-pressing on the icon on the Player Screen at some point? [Edit: when the visualisation is running AND music is playing you get a new floaty control bar at the top of the regular player screen which allows making selections]

Andre

Thanks but i know this already still preset's didn't showed up then i reboot my device now it's working fine and if i add new song in a folder then i rescan folder but the new song which I add newly doesn't shows up on my device it's on Oreo then again i need to reboot my device to action takes place. Also "Short audio focus change" not working for me. Is these things working fine for you?

Hello! First of all I wanna thank Max for the hard word put into development of the app. The new UI looks great btw.

Unfortunately Open SL HD Output does not work on my Lg V30 (android 8.0), there is no change in sound quality when switching from Open SL Output to Open SL HD. It's a "false positive" as mentioned in the second post. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next build(s), so we can enjoy the amazing audio playback capabilities of this phone to its full potential.

Any other V30 owners here?

7 hours ago, Feilakas said:

Unless you have the exact same output equipment as said engineers AND the exact same hearing as them, you NEED an EQ in order to offset said differences.

EQ settings are useful to compensate for the idiosyncrasies or inaccuracies of your local equipment, and are very useful in that respect. Other audio processing (spacial effects, etc) are just gimmicks to make it sound more appealing - a bit like the electronics stores turning the bass and treble up to the max to sell equipment as it sounds more punchy that way. 

Andre 

2 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Sure isn't for me. I prefer Poweramp because it is the least power hungry for me. 6% usage for mine, on s7 edge. I mean Blackplayer EX is doubled Poweramp for power to me. Of course if you leave your screen on the whole time, it will drain faster. I let it go off.

I'm comparing it to the previous versions. My screen timeout has always been 30 secs.

I have a suggestion, don't know how hard it would be...

The ability to merge artists.  I have a lot of different songs where the artist is different, but in reality, it's the same. Like for example: Neil Young & Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young or what if an artist does a duet with another singer? The artist is different for each song....

I was listening to music last night and making playlists and I thought, how nice it would be to just have a "merge" button so it would be possible.

Just a suggestion...

21 hours ago, Rams225 said:

Will it support themes after release? I like Poweramp HD themes very much. Will that work on this release.?

I would assume so, but on the full version 3.0 release not in beta, people other than Max will be creating their own themes as well so you might be getting more variety as well, V3 is estimated to be end of May beginning of June release date as of right now

Archived