Jump to content

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)


Recommended Posts

I'm so happy to see that development is still active. And a one-man show is not easy and not speedy. On my part, I just wish you satisfaction in the refactoring process, because Material does look good. Please take as long as you like and make sure family comes first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this has been hilarious, to say the least. It's just a fucking music player guys, chill out. Sure, I too am anxious about the new release, but I feel like we are pretty well served with the build we have right now.

Does it work without the new UI? Yes? Cool.

 

I have literally never seen someone so pissed about something they think they deserve. 

 

Have a nice day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When @andrewilley created this thread and informed that the update might shift to April, I was still happy that Atleast there was some info on the development, but now again half of April has gone and there is no news regarding the release or any status, I would take any info man, even a delay, but some info is required. How can the developer be so disregarding of an official forum about his single most important product. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he just died!

I mean he doesn't reply to Andre emails. no one is too busy to take weeks to reply to an email from an associate.

Plus, I guess Andre here does not even know MAX in person so he wouldn't know if anything happened.

by the way, today marks one year exactly since the last update...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kabisi said:

Maybe he just died!

Well he was definitely still alive three days ago when I pinged him on Skype to double-check that his email was still working, and he said it was fine. I'm afraid I have no idea why he doesn't want to post even a brief message here, I have tried my best to persuade him to. Sorry.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kabisi said:

Maybe he just died!

I mean he doesn't reply to Andre emails. no one is too busy to take weeks to reply to an email from an associate.

Plus, I guess Andre here does not even know MAX in person so he wouldn't know if anything happened.

by the way, today marks one year exactly since the last update...

Maybe he wanted to release V3 on this special day! ( ̄ー ̄)ニヤリ

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrFurey said:

Just to be clear, is the next update a new alpha release or will it be the beta?

The next release will be the first beta, and then after a short period of testing Max hopes to be able to move fairly quickly to an RC and then final release. 

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'v been using this alpha version for a really long time on android N and no problem appeared except for my useless snapdragon 820's 192kHz's PCM. It seems to be waiting for beta. ?However I once thought that I had to use alpha forever

It's really a good news to hear that the developer is still working hard to bring us a MD design all-new Poweramp. I hope that my 820 PCM would work properly.

Thanks for your work MAX

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-4-13 at 11:48 PM, Sh4d0wm4n said:

Reading this has been hilarious, to say the least. It's just a fucking music player guys, chill out. Sure, I too am anxious about the new release, but I feel like we are pretty well served with the build we have right now.

Does it work without the new UI? Yes? Cool.

 

I have literally never seen someone so pissed about something they think they deserve. 

 

Have a nice day.

This is entirely a problem of Max's own making.  Had he never said there was a UI update coming, nobody would be waiting.  If he had said "sorry there will be no more updates." no one would be waiting.  I personally am very disappointed.  I would have been willing to pay the license fee again for V3, such is my love of the player.  But I am now not willing to give money to someone who can't even be bothered to give a two line update on his own website.  Those who keep saying "he doesn't have to do anything" are quite right.  He doesn't.  But he has - he has promised a large update.  And then barely said a word for a year!

I'm a developer, I understand that projects over-run, unforeseen circumstances occur.  He set expectations and that's on him.  Even the mod can't work out why he won't spend two minutes of his time to update us.  I mean, we all have busy lives, but he can't spare literally 2 minutes a month or so to update us?

I hope the update is fantastic and does well.  But I am frustrated by the whole lack of info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this situation, I think there may be a large part of the work of V3 has not yet completed, it is estimated that the end of April or May this time release, of course, I hope I was wrong, hope poweamp in the future can have a team , A successful software behind a strong team to support and a person's work will be too tired, in our side of some of the discussion on the Poweramp is also someone talking about this update every day, some people are bored and some People are not happy, of course, this is no way, after all, we are not developers, since it is always postponed, it should let us look at the screenshot of V3, even if only one is possible, at least we also know that Marx did not abandon us, Poweramp is not dead

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wargnerm said:

I couldn't find if there was a reply but will there be another payment needed for the new version?

No extra payment needed, v3 will be available to existing licence holders.

Andre

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Niles said:

According to this situation, I think there may be a large part of the work of V3 has not yet completed, it is estimated that the end of April or May this time release, of course, I hope I was wrong, hope poweamp in the future can have a team , A successful software behind a strong team to support and a person's work will be too tired, in our side of some of the discussion on the Poweramp is also someone talking about this update every day, some people are bored and some People are not happy, of course, this is no way, after all, we are not developers, since it is always postponed, it should let us look at the screenshot of V3, even if only one is possible, at least we also know that Marx did not abandon us, Poweramp is not dead

It is coming out Soon™. That much, One can guaranty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is almost a month when @andrewilley started this v3 update topic. We still hasn't anything official. To be honest, I don't care about new interface (although it'll be great), I even don't care about hypothetical new features in Poweramp v3 (will there be any, compared to actual alpha release?) - all I need is a fix for Hi res audio output, which works fine until I've updated my phone to android 7.1.1.... And yes, I've posted in the proper request thread. Just my two cents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AdamZamoyski said:

There is almost a month when @andrewilley started this v3 update topic. We still hasn't anything official. To be honest, I don't care about new interface (although it'll be great), I even don't care about hypothetical new features in Poweramp v3 (will there be any, compared to actual alpha release?) - all I need is a fix for Hi res audio output, which works fine until I've updated my phone to android 7.1.1.... And yes, I've posted in the proper request thread. Just my two cents.

That's exactly what I think. I can't use the Hi res output (in android 7) for around half year and I decided to use other music player until the fix. Basic things should get ready before focusing on new (unnecessary) features.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • andrewilley changed the title to Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)
  • andrewilley locked this topic
  • andrewilley unlocked this topic
  • andrewilley locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...